The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
b. Write are one fraction in its simplest for (x/x-1)- (x/x+1)2x/(x+1)(x-1) (3 marks)
If I managed to cross multiply and get 2x but made a small error on the dominator will I still get 1 mark for the correct numerator

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew cos I messed up with the dominator but the numerator was complete correct so that gd.Furthermore what do you think the grade boundary for an will be this year ?
Phew cos I messed up with the dominator but the numerator was complete correct so that gd.Furthermore what do you think the grade boundary for an will be this year ?

You'll definitely get a mark for 2x. I can't say for sure but I think 168/200 for an A* 135 for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
You'll definitely get a mark for 2x. I can't say for sure but I think 168/200 for an A* 135 for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thx and what A levels you planning to do (presuming your yr11) ?
Original post by mxskaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I when I counted my marks I got 60 in paper 1 and 75-77 in paper 2 reckon that's an A ?
And I when I counted my marks I got 60 in paper 1 and 75-77 in paper 2 reckon that's an A ?

You may have just scraped an A. I really do hope you get it. I'm doing maths, economics, biology and chemistry, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
You may have just scraped an A. I really do hope you get it. I'm doing maths, economics, biology and chemistry, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths government and politics and economics
Original post by mxskaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf
In 2015 an A was 125 does like 134 seem likely judging by the pattern in the table ?
On the circle theorem question would I get 2 marks for doing 90-48=42 and staying angles btween a tangent and radius are 90 ??
A grade A in 2014 was 133 and there exam was easier than this years or what do you think ?

Our exam was definitely easier

I'm saying 135-140 for A for us (maybe 130-140) - but it probably won't be as high as 140, but that's the 'safe' mark that you got an A
On the circle theorem question would I get 2 marks for doing 90-48=42 and staying angles btween a tangent and radius are 90 ??

yes,

at least 1 if not 2, but i would say 2
it also depends how many angle facts and working you needed to do, e.g. if you done 1/6 of the question then probably 1 mark, if you done like 1/3 of the question then like 2 marks
Original post by ScrewTheExams
Our exam was definitely easier

I'm saying 135-140 for A for us (maybe 130-140) - but it probably won't be as high as 140, but that's the 'safe' mark that you got an A

What do you think the grade boundary for a grade C would be?
I predict i got 31-33 on non calculator and 39-40ish on calculator

Also on the non calc question 3a would it count as a mark if i put that 'often' was repeated two times in the question and that there was no time frame. (weekly, monthly)
Original post by Moonbunny
I found the sample non calc for next year really hard!

The foundation paper looks a lot more like a higher paper!
Original post by Ikilliloot
What do you think the grade boundary for a grade C would be?
I predict i got 31-33 on non calculator and 39-40ish on calculator

Also on the non calc question 3a would it count as a mark if i put that 'often' was repeated two times in the question and that there was no time frame. (weekly, monthly)

C will be around 65 (60-65 maybe) I think, you should get a C if you got above 70 (if you added the marks right)

I'm not sure if you will get a mark for that questionnaire answer you put!

Maybe if the examiner is lenient, but it could very likely also not get you a mark :/

Best of luck though

- you'll get a mark for 'no time frame' though
Original post by MissBdaviesMaths
The foundation paper looks a lot more like a higher paper!

Grade boundarie on C, how many marks you think you need to get a C? Iused the unofficial markscheme and gave harsh marks and got over 70 marks in total.

Also on question 3a would it count if i put that 'often' was repeated two times in question and answer boxes.
C will be around 65 (60-65 maybe) I think, you should get a C if you got above 70 (if you added the marks right)

I'm not sure if you will get a mark for that questionnaire answer you put!

Maybe if the examiner is lenient, but it could very likely also not get you a mark :/

Best of luck though

- you'll get a mark for 'no time frame' though

Thanks bro, i hope i don't get some douchebag examiner marking my paper lol.
Thanks bro, i hope i don't get some douchebag examiner marking my paper lol.

Lol me too, I just hope I get an extra 5 or 6 marks on both of my papers so then I can get the grade I want :smile:

... which is just not happening
Lol me too, I just hope I get an extra 5 or 6 marks on both of my papers so then I can get the grade I want :smile:

... which is just not happening

When would an official mark scheme be released? Also i hope and pray that i get a grade C so i don't ever have to do maths again lol, hopefully 70 marks just scrapped a C. :smile:
When would an official mark scheme be released? Also i hope and pray that i get a grade C so i don't ever have to do maths again lol, hopefully 70 marks just scrapped a C. :smile:

70 marks is definitely a C don't worry (if you did get 70 :biggrin: )

Official mark schemes are released when they make the papers available on the website, so June 2015 paper + mark scheme became available like a month ago, so our paper + official mark scheme will be available in like May lol
(but the teachers may have access to it early - i know they have access to the paper after 10 days after exam)
70 marks is definitely a C don't worry (if you did get 70 :biggrin: )

Official mark schemes are released when they make the papers available on the website, so June 2015 paper + mark scheme became available like a month ago, so our paper + official mark scheme will be available in like May lol
(but the teachers may have access to it early - i know they have access to the paper after 10 days after exam)

Can't wait, also do you get marks for working out even if the answer is wrong? Because if that's true then i would have extra 2-4 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending