The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, I think it reasonable to assume that he targeted the person that he shot, stabbed and kicked.

Or maybe he just set out to cause violence, and went for the person who stepped to the defense of his first target. Both are feasible, and there'll be more options we haven't considered, so there's no use speculating. In any case, even if we could guarantee that it was targeted, that in itself has very little bearing on any of the other discussion taking place.
Wow, such a tragic loss for a brilliant Labour. I don't know why people don't think sometimes before taking actions like she had two daughters who would love their mother to be there when they grow up and then yeah let's shoot her because of hate!
Original post by J_C_
Or maybe he just set out to cause violence, and went for the person who stepped to the defense of his first target. Both are feasible, and there'll be more options we haven't considered, so there's no use speculating. In any case, even if we could guarantee that it was targeted, that in itself has very little bearing on any of the other discussion taking place.

Well, if he was targeting the first guy, then he would be more seriously injured. It wasn't as if he didn't have the opportunity/
Well, if you read the attack details, it sounds targeted.

He stabbed her, shot her and then kicked her.

Now, I am not sure what happened to the first guy but I don't think he wasn't injured even seriously. So, I doubt the guy just happened to turn up with a gun and used it on the random woman that just intervened.

Original post by Fullofsurprises
BBC are reporting that another witness is saying that he yelled "Britain First" twice before shooting her, so it seems from that as if you are wrong and he did and that it was a politically-motivated murder, however insane.

Time will tell, but you aren't in any position to dismiss it as a case of her just accidentally coming across some homicidal maniac yet. I think it's clear from what we are hearing from the main media, as opposed to right wing forum posters, that this was politically motivated.

There is no evidence so far to suggest that the attacker killed her specifically because was an MP, the only mention of "Britain first" that I have seen is a quote from somebody who was not even there.

If you have any actual evidence, please share.
Well, if he was targeting the first guy, then he would be more seriously injured. It wasn't as if he didn't have the opportunity/

If the attacker does have mental issues, there is no point in thinking of the situation rationally (e.g., surely he would have shot the person he was attacking first).
Reply 385

I evidently haven't seen the same CCTV footage that you have, I should have a look for it.
Reply 386
Original post by TercioOfParma
Do you have a single piece of evidence to back that up? If you please share.

Look thow the media and leftists are gloating over the death of their fellow Labour only to accuse the right-wing. It is also a strong indication it happened only when in the moment when the leaving campaign got more popular.
Original post by The_Opinion
There is no evidence so far to suggest that the attacker killed her specifically because was an MP, the only mention of "Britain first" that I have seen is a quote from somebody who was not even there.

If you have any actual evidence, please share.

He didn't know she was an MP or that she was holding her weekly clinic at the same place.

Stabbed her. Shot her. Then while she was on the floor, he shot her again in the head.

Didn't bother going after the guy he fought.

All very random.
He didn't know she was an MP or that she was holding her weekly clinic at the same place.

Stabbed her. Shot her. Then while she was on the floor, he shot her again in the head.

All very random.

The attack didn't occur in her clinic, so I would not say that is relevant.

Yes, it is odd, but if the person does have mental issues, that could explain such odd behaviour yes?
Reply 389

All very random.

After he attacked the MP people were on the scene and tried to stop him, he ran away and was later arrested
Original post by slaven
Look thow the media and leftists are gloating over the death of their fellow Labour only to accuse the right-wing. It is also a strong indication it happened only when in the moment when the leaving campaign got more popular.

Except that is not evidence.
The attack didn't occur in her clinic, so I would not say that is relevant.

Yes, it is odd, but if the person does have mental issues, that could explain such odd behaviour yes?

So, it makes a big difference if it is inside the clinic or just outside the clinic? lol.

Depends on the mental issues.

Being a insane Nationalist could also explain the odd behavior as well.
So, it makes a big difference if it is inside the clinic or just outside the clinic? lol.

Depends on the mental issues.

Being a insane Nationalist could also explain the odd behavior as well.

Yes it does, as if it was inside of the clinic, it could be said that she was targeted, outside, then its possible to just encounter people.

You have no idea of his politics, he could be a green party supporter for all we know, what a silly comment.
Yes it does, as if it was inside of the clinic, it could be said that she was targeted, outside, then its possible to just encounter people.

You have no idea of his politics, he could be a green party supporter for all we know, what a silly comment.

Or he could be outside because he was waiting for her.

You have no idea of his mental status either, making most your speculation useless.
Original post by neal95
Tried to reply earlier but the pc tsr mods declined my comment. Indeed, if only I was there now **** off to ROF where you belong you politically correct toerag

No no, I saw it. It was very manly and I'm now quite convinced that I was wrong to make light of your bravado.
Absolutely disgusting move by people to pin murderer to certain ideologies or movements without any police reports or hard evidence.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
No no, I saw it. It was very manly and I'm now quite convinced that I was wrong to make light of your bravado.

I'm glad you admit your shortcomings, it's heartwarming, really :smile:
Or he could be outside because he was waiting for her.

You have no idea of his mental status either, making most your speculation useless.

I am not the one saying that he did something like you and your fellow leftists, that are claiming that she was assassinated, that he was a nationalist, that he killed her for something EU related, a big difference.

I am waiting for the facts and want people to stop lying and bending truths.
I am not the one saying that he did something like you and your fellow leftists, that are claiming that she was assassinated, that he was a nationalist, that he killed her for something EU related, a big difference.

thats weird because usually you're all pouncing on it 'radical islamic terrorism bla bla bla'

I never said that it was related to the EU. That is simply made up by you.

If you are waiting for "facts", then i have no clue why you are going on about his mental status when you don;t know anything about it.

I am simply going off the Newspaper reports, which is quite reasonable at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending