The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
I never said that it was related to the EU. That is simply made up by you.

If you are waiting for "facts", then i have no clue why you are going on about his mental status when you don;t know anything about it.

I am simply going off the Newspaper reports, which is quite reasonable at this stage.

Going off newspaper reports a few hours after the murder ALLEGING stuff happened without hard evidence or police report isn't reasonable. Especially as you know the implications punish a campaign who you oppose.
Reply 401
Original post by Thutmose-III
In fairness, that one Prime Minister who was assassinated was iirc Lord Liverpool about 180 years ago.

You say that in a way that suggests it undermines my contention that violence against politicians is not a new phenomenon

It was Spencer Perceval

Politicians of all stripes have reported increasing levels of abuse and violence. Abuse and death threats are much more common than they were prior to the internet becoming ubiquitous

The internet makes communicating much quicker and easier. Obviously there will be more death threats than before.

But I simply don't see any evidence that violence against politicians is more common today than it's ever been
Reply 402
Original post by alevelstresss
thats weird because usually you're all pouncing on it 'radical islamic terrorism bla bla bla'

The Orlando terrorist pledged allegiance to ISIS on 911 before the massacre. It's not the same situation here.
Original post by Josb
The Orlando terrorist pledged allegiance to ISIS on 911 before the massacre. It's not the same situation here.

Yes it is, he shouted Britain First.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bornblue

Posted from TSR Mobile

STOP LYING. The murder did not shout Britain First. It actually turns out the 'witness' wasn't even at the scene.
Original post by slaven
Righty here. I will comment it for you.

Firstly, the MP was opposing the EU. But even if she did not, this is still nothing compare the Islamo-left did in the last couple of years. You stock just recently killed 50 people in a gay club, our stuck was just this one incident and even it is not yet confirm whether the perpetrator was a right-winger. While I do condemnt this attack the MP should think now of all the victims of the muslims comiteed in the past years and have compassion.

Thank you for showing compassion and condemning this attack, but the point is that the problem is not just with Muslims. As this pretty much proves, there's some form of violent tendency with every group of people of every persuasion, and any anti-Islam right winger who says (albeit rightly) that ordinary Muslims must do more without simultaneously at least condemning those holding their political beliefs who are inclined towards violent methods is, in my opinion, a hypocrite. Political violence in a democratic and free political system is always wrong, whatever the motivation and whether committed by left or right wingers.
Original post by Sun_Bear
Going off newspaper reports a few hours after the murder ALLEGING stuff happened without hard evidence or police report isn't reasonable. Especially as you know the implications punish a campaign who you oppose.

Yawn.

I am tired of Brexiter's trying to shut down discussion.

There is evidence to suggest he is a Nationalist. It isn't my issue that you don't like it.
Original post by Josb

Yeh, well, this guy is White and shouted Britain first instead of Allah Akbar.

That requires more investigation.
Original post by Josb

And this guy allegedly shouted Britain First, I don't think passers by would make that up
Yawn.

There is evidence to suggest he is a Nationalist. It isn't my issue that you don't like it.

I would agree even as a brexiter, but there are contradicting reports. How about we let the media and the police straighten the situation out before we come to some flimsy conclusions?
Reply 410

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we assume he did say it, does it confirm he was affiliated with them? I don't think Britain First have ever assassinated anyone before, doing it now on a fairly major figure just before a referendum doesn't really make sense and is a bit suspicious.
Reply 411

Posted from TSR Mobile

Britain First is not a terrorist group and it is a witness who reported that he shouted that, not the police.
Yawn.

I'm shutting down people linking this murderer to the brexit campaign to try and persuade people not to vote for it.
thats weird because usually you're all pouncing on it 'radical islamic terrorism bla bla bla'

When an Islamic terrorist attack occurs, you have a problem with somebody saying that an Islamic terrorist attack has occurred? What a strange thought process you have.
Original post by Sun_Bear
I'm shutting down people linking this murderer to the brexit campaign to try and persuade people not to vote for it.

I have never mentioned the Brexit campaign.

The only people that have mentioned the campaign are .... Brexiters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you spreading lies?
No, I have a problem with you being a massive stuck up hypocrite :rofl:
A hypocrite is somebody that says one thing and does another. Explain where my hypocrisy is.
Reply 417
I have never mentioned the Brexit campaign.

The only people that have mentioned the campaign are .... Brexiters.

It's because all the ones who immediately jumped at him being a right wing assassin were remainers...

We both know why, they want to politicise the event because the leave side is winning and desperate for some last minute dirt to turn the tide.
Original post by ftw93
It's because all the ones who immediately jumped at him being a right wing assassin were remainers...

We both know why, they want to politicise the event because the leave side is winning and desperate for some last minute dirt to turn the tide.

Yeh, I mean....When I called the Orlando Terrorist a Muslim, there must have been an another motive.
I don't know what to make of this but the Guardian's coverage has mentioned that the man was shouting 'Britain First' while he was being arrested. I guess we will know for certain when the police release a statement. For the time being, I'm not going to make any accusations.

EDIT: This is considerably different to the allegation he was shouting 'Britain First' whilst attacking Jo Cox. That seems to have witnesses divided whereas this new revelation can be easily confirmed by the police themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending