The Student Room Group

what are ur views on R.E?

Do u find it interesting or boring and why?
I picked it so am thinking if I should change the subject to Sociology or something:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Found it pretty mundane and boring. Piss easy though. Got near full marks in the exams. I got a B in sociology but I found it more interesting. So if you want an easy subject then do RE. If you want interesting then do sociology. If you can, do both :tongue:
Original post by tamil fever
I picked it so am thinking if I should change the subject to Sociology or something:smile:

Depends on what is taught in the R.E course I think.

I went to a Catholic school, so R.E was compulsory. We were taught Christianity and Islam, and I actually preferred the Islam section over the Christianity secton because it was more straight forward. I never really enjoyed it on the whole - but this is mostly because of being forced into the subject and that I prefer the sciences.
Reply 3
I found it pretty interesting to learn about all the mainstream faiths even though I personally didn't believe in them. At first I only took RE as a standard grade choice so I would get a free period :colondollar: but I ended up enjoying it and took it as a higher the following academic year.
Reply 4
Take R.E. Could be a really easy A/A* to grab - from what i've heard anyways
Original post by Kiniun
Take R.E. Could be a really easy A/A* to grab - from what i've heard anyways

But which subject is more enjoyable?
Sociology or RE?
I failed r.e
Reply 7
Sociology or RE?

I don't take R.E but I do take Sociology and it is very interesting, especially if you get a teacher who allows you to have debates in class after you learn theories
It can get pretty repetitive though and despite what other people might say, I found it quite challenging (especially because the mark schemes are INCREDIBLY vague)

If you want an interesting subject, take Sociology:smile:
Reply 8

or philosophy
Is this GCSE or A level?
I took Philosophy (Similar to RE) and found it very interesting.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Is this GCSE or A level?

GCSE:smile:
GCSE:smile:

Avoid GCSE RE, it's easy but it's boring as hell.

Spoiler

Original post by Kholmes1
I took Philosophy (Similar to RE) and found it very interesting.

Lucky!my school doesn't have that subject:frown:
Tbh...it doesn't have any interesting subjects.u could say my school is **** like hell.
I did it for GCSE, and I enjoyed it, as I love to learn about different religions, because it helps me to be more tolerant, and understanding, and I just love to learn about them, and I respect every religion, and their beliefs. :smile:
Reply 15
Sociology or RE?

I took both RE ( went to a faith school so had to and studied OCR RE B Christianity) and I also took Sociology(AQA). Personally, I thrived in sociology compared to RE. I was pulling A*'s consistently compared to B/A in RE.

In general, I think that if you enjoy watching the news and reading about current events you'd enjoy sociology because you'd find most of it to be common sense.

If you enjoy debates around belief in God and whether or not something is viewed good or bad according to the Bible (e.g arguments on homosexuality : whether or not a Christian should accept it?) then you'd enjoy R.S because that's what the majority (well at least my spec ) of it is.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I did it for GCSE, and I enjoyed it, as I love to learn about different religions,

For additional clarification for OP, I like learning stuff about other religions but GCSE RE was still ****.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Retired_Messiah
For additional clarification, I like learning stuff about other religions but GCSE RE was still ****.

Nice to know. Mine wasn't tht much better, I didn't have my teacher, because she weren't here for like 7 months. I had a supply, but I enjoy it.
u know I think I might change RE if I get a certain RE teacher.She taught me today and she was so accusing of me and so I couldn't help it so I talked back to her.Now she HATES me.She might not let me do RE.:frown:
Isn't a red erection when you stick a fire ant up your...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending