The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Guy was mentally ill
Original post by J_C_
If, as you suggest, a distrust/dislike of Muslims is ingrained in the majority of our society, then surely it's just as valid to target that attitude as it is to target the issues bred by radical Islam. If they both lead to violence, then neither can be condoned or defended, we should be intervening in both.

Either way, the idea that this stems from PC culture is absurd. It is an issue that irritates some of the population at best, but it is not a major contributor to a level of social polarity that can lead to murder.

Mate, listen, every ideology except pure pacifism will lead to people being violent if they cannot adopt that ideology without being disadvantaged or simply unable to do it fully. Multiculturalism clearly isn't working. And Islam is a horrible ideology. If getting rid of Islam, or otherwise weakening it would stop these other problems then we ought to. Course, it's deeper than that. But either way positive action must be taken and saying.

PC culture is a massive benefit for the far right politics. What other explanation do you have for the massive increase in support for UKIP?

I disagree. I think it is a massive driver for violent attacks. I see it where I live ffs.
Original post by ftw93
It's because all the ones who immediately jumped at him being a right wing assassin were remainers...

We both know why, they want to politicise the event because the leave side is winning and desperate for some last minute dirt to turn the tide.

Exactly, he knows that many people who are in the middle are hesitant of voting for leave because they might be associated as BNP lovers/ Nazis. Trying to push through this Britain First to demonise the leave campaign further.
Original post by ftw93
It's because all the ones who immediately jumped at him being a right wing assassin were remainers...

We both know why, they want to politicise the event because the leave side is winning and desperate for some last minute dirt to turn the tide.

That's not the case at all. Why would you make such assumptions?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Guy was mentally ill

Yeh, he had OCD.
Original post by Sun_Bear
Exactly, he knows that many people who are in the middle are hesitant of voting for leave because they might be associated as BNP lovers/ Nazis. Trying to push through this Britain First to demonise the leave campaign further.

Original post by ftw93

No one on the remain side has been saying that. Just you guys projecting your insecurities.
Reply 426
Original post by DorianGrayism
No one on the remain side has been saying that. Just you guys projecting your insecurities.

Lies, smears, it doesn't work anymore, people have woken up
Original post by ftw93
Lies, smears, it doesn't work anymore, people have woken up

Seems like you are smearing yourself.
Reply 428
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Thank you for showing compassion and condemning this attack, but the point is that the problem is not just with Muslims. As this pretty much proves, there's some form of violent tendency with every group of people of every persuasion, and any anti-Islam right winger who says (albeit rightly) that ordinary Muslims must do more without simultaneously at least condemning those holding their political beliefs who are inclined towards violent methods is, in my opinion, a hypocrite. Political violence in a democratic and free political system is always wrong, whatever the motivation and whether committed by left or right wingers.

No, it is not the same even less hypocrite. Muslims make up a small portion of the population yet make the majority of terrorists attacks. On other hand not only Europeans are under represented in terrorists attacks, the death tool of muslim terrorists attacks are much higher.
Considering muslim attack you would be right if European right-wingers comite every day an attack with at least 1000 deaths

What my concer is that the Remainiasn will toxic the Brexit debate with this. The left-wing is happy this happened.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have never mentioned the Brexit campaign.

The only people that have mentioned the campaign are .... Brexiters.

O rly?

Check our the EU Migration Commissioner...

https://mobile.twitter.com/avramopoulos?lang=en-gb

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like this argument. Can I presume that all of Islam is responsible when one Muslim woman stabbed Stephen Timms MP in 2010, over his decision to support the Iraq War?
Just incase the EU Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship deletes his tweet for the backlash he is recieving.

"Jo Cox murdered for her dedication to European democracy and humanity.Extremism
divides and nourishes hatred.Solidarity with her beloved"

This was a few hours after she died without any official police report or hard evidence.
Original post by XcitingStuart
O rly?

Check our the EU Migration Commissioner...

]

No. He was talking about me and claiming that I was trying to link it to Brexit.

I am not taking responsibility for every person across twitter.
How did she get shot?

I thought guns were banned here

Or do criminals get guns anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slaven
This is a left-win false flag attacks. Patriots and far-rights hardly do anything since they are legalist in nature, unlike muslims and leftist.

Forgive me, but considering in this thread something people from both sides agree on is the need to await until more evidence is produced, do you have any evidence that has led you to this conclusion?
the rising tide of hatred sadly.

fitting that the racist members of UKIP released a Nazi style propaganda poster saying "breaking point" just hours before she was shot, rather sums up the state of UK politics right now; nasty, proto fascist, full of hatred.

RIP Jo Cox, just awful that this has happened.
No. He was talking about me and claiming that I was trying to link it to Brexit.

I am not taking responsibility for every person across twitter.

You did not say...?

The only people that have mentioned the campaign are .... Brexiters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thutmose-III
I agree with all of that. Good post.

People who change their views or beliefs due to the action of a lone gunman probably arent the type pf people you want,who has time for weak willed people.
Original post by WalkingAbortion
the rising tide of hatred sadly.

fitting that the racist ******s in UKIP released a Nazi style propaganda poster saying "breaking point" just hours before she was shot, rather sums up the state of UK politics right now; nasty, proto fascist, full of hatred.

RIP Jo Cox, just awful that this has happened.

How is UKIP racist?
Original post by CitizenOne
I like this argument. Can I presume that all of Islam is responsible when one Muslim woman stabbed Stephen Timms MP in 2010, over his decision to support the Iraq War?

What were your previous accounts called?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending