The Student Room Group

QUICK Q: Would re-sitting an AS module jeopardise the chance to do Medicine?

Yeah I'm new to this, and I was just wondering if ...^ Thank you in advance
Original post by mlle_DT
Yeah I'm new to this, and I was just wondering if ...^ Thank you in advance

It would be okay.
Reply 2
Depends on each university as some universities have different policies over others. Generally you can re sit an AS, it should be fine but do let the university know.
Reply 3
Thanks, I think I'm just over thinking things at the moment 😅
Usually you're fine if it's AS, it's A2 that they don't like resits for.
Reply 5
I think the rules may change. As to re sit an AS you'd have to do it outside of the two years which most don't allow. Previously you'd be able to resit it in year 13. But if the as you did this year counts to your A2 then it's fine.
Depends. If it's a single resit they don't mind (my girlfriend did that and she's at Cardiff med school). Other Universities really do not care for it, especially if it is a trend. If it's a blip it won't cripple a decent application. Just focus on a rounded application, e.g. good work experience, decent grades (even if a resit is required), and extra-curriculars. Having said that you may wish to be tactical, e.g. Oxbridge might not be the best idea with serial resitting.
Reply 7
Yeah I don't think I'll be planning to go to Oxbridge, I'll have to see on results day 😅 Thank you guys so much though, I'm a little less stressed now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending