The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
My mum is taking me to some resource centre tomorrow to get me help with filling out my PIP application form. Absolutely dreading it. I'm gonna have to be completely honest and open about how OCD and a few other things affects me day to day with even simple tasks to a total stranger and then knowing its gonna get read by someone higher up is humiliating :frown: has to be done though I suppose.

I'll dread the upcoming medical assessment even more though :frown: I did pass it a few years ago when it was DLA back then for my mental health problems but it is still a scary and stressing thing to go through.

I got my "invite" this morning. I am so not looking forward to this. :frown: Thankfully, a friend has offered to take me somewhere to get help filling in the forms.
Having a rubbish few weeks. Just having to really force myself to do basic things and feeling really low. My heart keeps beating really fast randomly as well.

Knew my fast referral to IAPT was too good to be true too. Saw her once and she was on holiday the following week so saw her again the week after that then arranged an appointment to see her the week after that. She rang to cancel that appointment and haven't heard anything since. :dontknow:
Original post by Anon #2
Having a rubbish few weeks. Just having to really force myself to do basic things and feeling really low. My heart keeps beating really fast randomly as well.

Knew my fast referral to IAPT was too good to be true too. Saw her once and she was on holiday the following week so saw her again the week after that then arranged an appointment to see her the week after that. She rang to cancel that appointment and haven't heard anything since. :dontknow:

Sorry to hear you're struggling :hugs:

Deary me your experience sounds a lot like Spock's Socks! What are these people about? Hope some semblance of consistency starts to form otherwise wouldn't be surprised if you felt like it was more stress than worth in which case you should request a change of therapist!
Original post by Little Popcorns

Deary me your experience sounds a lot like Spock's Socks! What are these people about? Hope some semblance of consistency starts to form otherwise wouldn't be surprised if you felt like it was more stress than worth in which case you should request a change of therapist!

It's a crying shame, really. We need more investment from the government in mental health services! I tried CAMHS and referrals from my GP but I swapped multiple times as they were awful. Either really cold and distant or judgemental to the point where they would look at you in a condescending manner when you tell them something embarrassing. Heck, one even started chuckling at me and that was the final straw.

Sadly, I had to take the private sector route and have to pay £30 an hour to see a private therapist. However, she really is worth it. But it's just not good enough for people who don't have the money and I can only see her once every two weeks which is stressful because we find it hard to cover the costs ourselves!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think studying isn't for me, it just makes me depressed. I'm generally less depressed when I'm working. So no more studying for me I guess, even if it means not getting a degree.
So fed up and let down atm.
Teachers not turning up to lessons etc like if you are gonna make us come in at least reciprocate the effort.
Also everyone wants a piece of me if that makes sense, like everyone wants me to excel in their subject cos im such a 'chill person' yeh right ._. just hide it well that is all :/
anyway goodnight, if i have bad dreams idk what tbh..

Just fed up :redface:

~Anon 1
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I think studying isn't for me, it just makes me depressed. I'm generally less depressed when I'm working. So no more studying for me I guess, even if it means not getting a degree.

Know the feeling. I had an exam today and I'm fairly sure I'll only get a D, if that. Really thinking I made a huge mistake coming back to university; the stress is absolutely killing me.

Have you considered an apprenticeship? That way you're working but also learning valuable skills.
Original post by Sabertooth
Know the feeling. I had an exam today and I'm fairly sure I'll only get a D, if that. Really thinking I made a huge mistake coming back to university; the stress is absolutely killing me.

Have you considered an apprenticeship? That way you're working but also learning valuable skills.

:hugs: Sorry you're feeling stressed.

Yes, I've considered apprenticeships since I was 19. It was probably too late by then though, as many employers seem to only want 16-18 year olds. I applied for loads back then but never got on to any. I tried applying for one more recently at the age of 24 and they basically said I was too old and overqualified. Even my boyfriend says I'm too old, as he managed to get an apprenticeship with no problem when he was 16. As much as I'd love to go down the apprenticeship route, I don't think it's gonna happen for me, unfortunately. I'm just going try for a normal entry-level job and try to work my way up instead, which I've seen some friends do, so I know it's possible :smile:
Original post by Little Popcorns

:hugs: Yeah, I felt like my last session went really well too so it's going to be hard to build that trust up again, if I ever see her.
Probably not going to sleep tonight. Everything's just too much. :hide:

Honestly just feel ignored by those around me and it's making me feel like ****. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

What's even worse is when everyone else around you doesn't have it happen to them, but it happens to you constantly. :cry2: am I really that much of a ***** that I don't deserve a meaningful response from those that are supposed to care?
I feel like my depression is coming back, I need to start taking my meds again -_-
is anyone awake that doesn't mind PMing with me, please?
Original post by Pathway
is anyone awake that doesn't mind PMing with me, please?

I'm awake :hugs:

Would be easier to WA me though :jumphug:
Reply 1253
Original post by Midnightmemories
Probably not going to sleep tonight. Everything's just too much. :hide:

Honestly just feel ignored by those around me and it's making me feel like ****. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

What's even worse is when everyone else around you doesn't have it happen to them, but it happens to you constantly. :cry2: am I really that much of a ***** that I don't deserve a meaningful response from those that are supposed to care?

I feel so similar to this! It's a horrible feeling :frown:
ED TW

Spoiler

My friend is winding me up :/
Everytime I try to tell them what im worried about or confide in them about anything (which i never normally do with anyone) said friend usually tells me im wrong even though it is my life so idk how they have the audacity to say that. The friend is also really blunt and idk almost harsh, i don't want to be patronised or treated to like a child but a bit of patience and understanding wouldnt go amiss :/
anyway i've given up trying to tell them anything cos the clearly don't care and i'm fed up of being treated as inferior :s-smilie:

tbh idk why i expected anyone to be any different cos fundamentally no-one gives a **** and you are better off keeping it to yourself :smile:

~Anon 1
Has anyone been to one of the priory hospitals? Specifically the nottinghan one? Meant to be admitted their today and don't know what to expect!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel like im gonna burst.

~Anon 1
Does anyone know when it would be helpful to be hospitalised for something like severe depression? I just feel like I'm too depressed to do all the things I could do to make myself feel better, if yanno what I mean. At least in the hospital I'd eat and drink enough. I even forget my meds on purpose sometimes. I just think my behaviour is becoming too self-punishing that I can't take care of myself. Then again, I already feel like a waste of resources - I guess I don't believe I'd deserve the opportunity cost to the taxpayer. Maybe I'm just being attention seeking? Idk it feels like I'm just overthinking and magnifying the situation unnecessarily by even considering it.
SH/scars question

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile