The Student Room Group

DSA - second year - laptop

Hey all.

Last September, I started a course but due to my health reasons, I couldn't continue it and I dropped out. Fortunately, they've allowed me to re-study this year and I will be applying for DSA again.

I received a laptop (£200) the first year but due to finances and health reasons, I had to sell the laptop so that I could have enough money to pay my rent & bills (£250).

Could I re-apply for a new laptop in the second year (although it'll be my first year study again)? Or will they not fund me because I sold the one in the first year? I guess I'll ask this when the time comes, but I'm just wondering if anybody else had an experience like this.

Thanks.
I doubt they'd fund another one. Ask. But I really don't think they will
Reply 2
Unlikely. When you apply, they will look at what you've already been provided with and you will be expected to use the computer that was given to you.
Reply 3
I really doubt it, as really you ended up using the £200 as your own spending money rather than for its actual purpose (a laptop)
Reply 4
Original post by cheesejug
I really doubt it, as really you ended up using the £200 as your own spending money rather than for its actual purpose (a laptop)

I paid £200 towards it and I sold it for £200 (After eBay fees/delivery costs), nothing gained, nothing lost.

I will just be honest with them and tell them that I sold it for whatever reason. If they don't or can't provide me with another one, I'll accept that.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest