The Student Room Group

Latest You Gov poll shows 7% majority for Leave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
wot?

The 2 people above are saying it's the opposite to what's been reported. That's all I'm saying - hence the "if anything...". I (and you) have no better knowledge of this terrible event.

Anyway. enough.

I owe you an apology for discriminating against Bremainers in my post.

I'm sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XcitingStuart

I'm sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accepted.

This whole thing is tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XcitingStuart

I'm sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And here's the poster comparison. I don't think it's appropriate in the Jo Cox thread.
1466111719862.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
And here's the poster comparison. I don't think it's appropriate in the Jo Cox thread.
1466111719862.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Difference is Jewish people integrate well in our society. 1-2 million in 2015 alone, Syrian migrants, many of which are not even from Syria with a hatred for western values don't integrate as well. Especially with overcrowded hospitals, school and housing many european countries already face.
[video="youtube;yxVaULyI4HM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxVaULyI4HM[/video]
Original post by Sun_Bear
Difference is Jewish people integrate well in our society. 1-2 million in 2015 alone, Syrian migrants, many of which are not even from Syria with a hatred for western values don't integrate as well. Especially with overcrowded hospitals, school and housing many european countries already face.

The referendum is (partly) about EU immigration not Syrian refugees.

And you're missing the main point about the apparent similarity between the photos.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
The referendum is (partly) about EU immigration not Syrian refugees.

And you're missing the main point about the apparent similarity between the photos.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The two are not unrelated one bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, you've just managed to automatically stereotype the WHOLE country of Syria and anyone from there. You can't actually believe that EVERY Syrian refugee in Europe actually hates the West. The West to these people coming from a conflict where even there own Government is bombing them, never mind ISIS as well, is seen as safety and paradise almost, in Europe they aren't being bombed. It's ignorant and damn right foolish to believe that all these people want to displace Western Values with their own. I think you've been watching a bit too much of the media coverage on ISIS and have just incorrectly assumed that all Syrian's follow the same beliefs as ISIS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aidenj
Wow, you've just managed to automatically sterotype the WHOLE country of Syria and anyone from there. You can't actually believe that EVERY Syrian refugee in Europe actually hates the West. The West to these people coming from a conflict where even there own Government is bombing them, never mind ISIS as well, is seen as safety and paradise almost, in Europe they aren't being bombed. Its ignorant and damn right foolish to believe that all these people want to displace Western Values with their own. I think you've been watching a bit too much of the media coverage on ISIS and have just incorrectly assumed that all Syrian's follow the same beliefs as ISIS.

Many do.. even if say 10% hate western values (i think this value could be very low) that's still 100k-200k people with values which could be anti-western ie homophobic, anti-semitic whatever.. That's a HUGE problem considering it only takes 1 person to kill 50+.

In addition, the GERMAN AUTHORITIES admitted that 1/3 of these Syrian refugees had fake ID. ie We have no idea who they are and why they want to fake their id.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/316570-eu-false-syrian-refugees/
Original post by Jammy Duel
The two are not unrelated one bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hadn't realised the Farage poster actually is about Syrian refugees (as opposed to EU migrants). In my naivety I'd hadn't thought he would stoop so low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
Original post by aidenj
Wow, you've just managed to automatically stereotype the WHOLE country of Syria and anyone from there. You can't actually believe that EVERY Syrian refugee in Europe actually hates the West. The West to these people coming from a conflict where even there own Government is bombing them, never mind ISIS as well, is seen as safety and paradise almost, in Europe they aren't being bombed. It's ignorant and damn right foolish to believe that all these people want to displace Western Values with their own. I think you've been watching a bit too much of the media coverage on ISIS and have just incorrectly assumed that all Syrian's follow the same beliefs as ISIS.

I'll concede that's a poor stereotype. But the truth is that the ability of any race to "integrate" into our society is neither here nor there. The issue we face is not integration, but overcrowding. Not enough teachers to teach the children in the country, not enough health care professionals to treat them, 1.7M unemployed (AKA 1.7M too many people for the jobs and economy to support), not enough money to treat and protect them. Where people are coming from doesn't matter, what matters is we are already too many. I would add though that having immigrants adult or child who don't speak English is a pain. I have many friends who are teachers, expected by the government to teach these people to pass GCSEs and they can't speak english, nor are they learning. THAT integration is insulting. In control of our own borders we could make a simple language test a condition of immigration, imagine that, I don't think it too much to ask someone expecting to live in our country make the effort to speak our language.

I don't understand the immigration debate on this page, not even a Bremainer can claim being in control of borders is a bad thing, do you not realise if we vote out we can still let whoever we want in, so it is not a loss in any case. You Bremainers are clutching at the wrong straws, debate the merits to the economy, and free trade etc. which has the potential to worsen after Brexit (though I strongly doubt it), stop debating the drawbacks to taking control of something which we could then still implement as was before if we so choose (though obviously I'd expect we wouldn't). Taking control of something which is currently uncontrollable and unsustainable cannot in anyones view be construed as a negative.
(edited 7 years ago)

Always good to quote a Russian news source.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Many do.. even if say 10% hate western values (i think this value could be very low) that's still 100k-200k people with values which could be anti-western ie homophobic, anti-semitic whatever.. That's a HUGE problem considering it only takes 1 person to kill 50+.

In addition, the GERMAN AUTHORITIES admitted that 1/3 of these Syrian refugees had fake ID. ie We have no idea who they are and why they want to fake their id.

To say "Many Do" has no more value than me saying "the Moon is made of cheese!" you just assume that "Many Do".

Lets propose that ALL of Syrians hold Anti-Western Values: wouldn't ISIS have at least 18,502,413 members ( the population of Syria)? That would make the fighting power of ISIS at least 9,116,760 ( the estimated number of males) fighters, this would make the fighting power of ISIS larger than the Syrian army so then: why doesn't ISIS completelyhold Syria?

Also if ISIS did have that many members, surely ISIS would of started a full blown war in Europe by now? And I'm not talking about terror attacks I am talking about full blown WW1, WW2 style of war, because if ISIS has 9million + members they'd have the fighter power to do so.
Original post by aidenj
To say "Many Do" has no more value than me saying "the Moon is made of cheese!" you just assume that "Many Do".

Lets propose that ALL of Syrians hold Anti-Western Values: wouldn't ISIS have at least 18,502,413 members ( the population of Syria)? That would make the fighting power of ISIS at least 9,116,760 ( the estimated number of males) fighters, this would make the fighting power of ISIS larger than the Syrian army so then: why doesn't ISIS completelyhold Syria?

Also if ISIS did have that many members, surely ISIS would of started a full blown war in Europe by now? And I'm not talking about terror attacks I am talking about full blown WW1, WW2 style of war, because if ISIS has 9million + members they'd have the fighter power to do so.

Not really, just because you have anti-western values doesn't mean that that you are extreme enough that you will kill other people. However, the larger the amount of people with anti-western values the higher the numbers of lunatics who are willing to kill. This is a problem when millions come at the same time, live in their own communities and don't integrate with western values.

Also, I read your Russia Today news article ( I'm not even going to touch on the fact that you're essentially quoting Putin through this source), and it doesn't say that about the Syrian refugges it says and I quote:

"
About 30 percent of these pretending to be Syrians come from different countries, Tobias Plate, an Interior Ministry spokesman, said on Friday.The explanation is rather simple: asylum seekers from Syria are registered quicker.

"

So I'm not sure if you read the article properly or just read the headline " 1 in 3 'Syrian' refugees have fake ID's" obviously missing the inverted comma's which shown the actual content of the article but the article clearly shows why people, obviously NOT from Syria, are buying fake ID's.

But from this you do bring up a good point ( anyone smart enough to understand how much BS he is saying: hear me out! ), we should have more checks on those coming into Europe through none EU channels such as Syria that there ID isn't fake so that Europe's kindness in protecting those who lived in a civil war as well as under ISIS attack, is not exploited

But does this mean that we still shouldn't protect the 2 in 3: no it doesn't. Why? Because shouldn't we open our hearts to the genuine 2 in 3 who are fleeing from war because if the shoe was on the other foot we'd like for them to open their hearts for us.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not really, just because you have anti-western values doesn't mean that that you are extreme enough that you will kill other people. However, the larger the amount of people with anti-western values the higher the numbers of lunatics who are willing to kill. This is a problem when millions come at the same time, live in their own communities and don't integrate with western values.

Well perhaps if people, such as yourself, aren't so anti-immigration - automatically stereotyping any migrants because of where they were born - they wouldn't want to live in the own communities because at the end of the day, we naturally want to be part of an wide community but if there's people in that wider community of a country who you migrate to ( who dislike them just for being born in a country different to your own) surely wouldn't you want to form your own community without people like that?

Heck, I'm British and I don't really want to integrate with you purely because of your ignorant and quite stupid views.
There is literally nothing wrong with this poster.

Original post by NickLCFC
There is literally nothing wrong with this poster.

Aside from the fact that they are refugees seeking humanity and assistance.

Oh and the distinct similarity to this (Nazi propaganda film):
Original post by jneill

Oh and the distinct similarity to this (Nazi propaganda film):

I've seen the comparison to the Nazi propaganda. Quite pathetic really. The sheer number of refugees (many of which are just economic migrants) flooding into Europe is a genuine concern.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NickLCFC
I've seen the comparison to the Nazi propaganda. Quite pathetic really. The sheer number of refugees (many of which are just economic migrants) flooding into Europe is a genuine concern.

Yeah i think though that the poster looks really ugly to don't knows and to remainers who we want to try and swing over. Even as a firm leaver from the start, it makes me feel awkward. Should have been done in a more subtle but effective manner which has been extremely successful in the past week. I also find the killing of the labour MP just makes it look worse, especially to the general public, most of whom quickly glance over the papers.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest