What grade do you think this will be?

Probably B
Reply 24
Original post by edothero
M2? :biggrin:

Yeah if I can remember it. It'll come back to me let's hope
Original post by kprime2
Probably B

Hey mate could you just answer some questions please.
For question 3a, I wrote sum of x squared as 958.88 as opposed to the actual 985.88, then carried on with the calculation as so. Will I lose all 3 marks for this error or will I get some marks?

For 4b, I wrote independent so P(B AND D)= P(B) x P(D). Will this get me one mark?

For 4di and 4dii, will I get any marks for writing out the formula , so for I 4di wrote that is is equal to P(D AND R AND B) divided by P(R AND B) and for 4dii I wrote that it is equal to P(D AND R AND NOT B) divided by P(R AND NOT B). Will I get any marks for laying these formulas out?

For question 5a, I got the width right but height wrong. Will this only get me 1/3 marks?

For 5e I said that it may be a good decision as the median and mean are quite similar, will this get me any marks?

Thanks mate<3
Hey did you do any mark schemes for the C1 or C2 papers?
Reply 27
Original post by kprime2
60 will be at least an A

what would you say a B would be this year? it was 52 last year
Reply 28
Original post by imran_
what would you say a B would be this year? it was 52 last year

Reply 29
Original post by adelemaexo
Hey did you do any mark schemes for the C1 or C2 papers?

C1 has been done by Arsey

there is a really nice mark scheme style solutions to the C2 somewhere on TSR
Reply 30
Original post by Hasanalm
Hey mate could you just answer some questions please.
For question 3a, I wrote sum of x squared as 958.88 as opposed to the actual 985.88, then carried on with the calculation as so. Will I lose all 3 marks for this error or will I get some marks?

For 4b, I wrote independent so P(B AND D)= P(B) x P(D). Will this get me one mark?

For 4di and 4dii, will I get any marks for writing out the formula , so for I 4di wrote that is is equal to P(D AND R AND B) divided by P(R AND B) and for 4dii I wrote that it is equal to P(D AND R AND NOT B) divided by P(R AND NOT B). Will I get any marks for laying these formulas out?

For question 5a, I got the width right but height wrong. Will this only get me 1/3 marks?

For 5e I said that it may be a good decision as the median and mean are quite similar, will this get me any marks?

Thanks mate<3

ahhh I have no clue about marks won and lost.

What I can advise you to do is look for past papers with similar questions and see how the mark scheme awarded marks for them.
Reply 31
Original post by kprime2

really? that seems too low ^,^
Original post by imran_
really? that seems too low ^,^

It seems average but for a hard paper like this, expect low grade boundaries is all i am going to say
Thank you so much!!! LEGEND
Thank you so much for this!

Is it just me or is question one not there?
Reply 35
Original post by undercxver
Thank you so much for this!

Is it just me or is question one not there?

It's you
Original post by kprime2
ahhh I have no clue about marks won and lost.

What I can advise you to do is look for past papers with similar questions and see how the mark scheme awarded marks for them.

Yes please, that would be great.
Reply 37
Original post by Hasanalm
Yes please, that would be great.

Yeah do it
When you said the PMCC value r increases, did you mean that it goes closer to 0 or does it get closer to -1?
Reply 39
Original post by kprime2
Soz for the delay. Got caught up with the Euro games:colondollar:

I thought this was quite tricky
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xSC6XqSy7kMGhaRHh2MHlnaDQ

For Q3b)

If you compare the formulae for Variance and Syy, you'll notice that Syy = n x Var(Y), which makes it a lot easier!
I got the same answer tho.

Quick Reply