The Student Room Group

Latest You Gov poll shows 7% majority for Leave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Aside from the fact that they are refugees seeking money.

fixed that for you.
Reply 381
it's good to see TSR support team doing their night shift of EU shilling
Original post by NickLCFC
I've seen the comparison to the Nazi propaganda. Quite pathetic really. The sheer number of refugees (many of which are just economic migrants) flooding into Europe is a genuine concern.

Let's ship you off on an all expense paid trip to Libya/Syria/Somalia and see how long you fancy staying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ftw93
it's good to see TSR support team doing their night shift of EU shilling

Pre-decimal?

(Edit to add: it's good to see you are able to use all the experience you've acquired about TSR since you joined the site on the 16th June)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Midlander
Let's ship you off on an all expense paid trip to Libya/Syria/Somalia and see how long you fancy staying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't we do the same to you for Turkey and the Balkans, and when you come back ask you why you left turkey and the Balkans

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Why don't we do the same to you for Turkey and the Balkans, and when you come back ask you why you left turkey and the Balkans

Posted from TSR Mobile

All expense paid trip to Istanbul sounds nice thanks, when do I go? First class please. You must send me a postcard from Damascus, if you keep your head long enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
All expense paid trip to Istanbul sounds nice thanks, when do I go?

Dalaman is lovely too.
Reply 387
Original post by jneill
Dalaman is lovely too.

Can't beat the Croatian beaches at this time of year either! Little Englanders literally think we live in some sort of utopia, when in reality places like the Balkans and Turkey are incredibly beautiful and rich in culture. Oh well old Nige down at the pub has fond memories of the Empire which he can't seem to let go of so I guess the EU can jog on
Original post by scidak
Can't beat the Croatian beaches at this time of year either! Little Englanders literally think we live in some sort of utopia, when in reality places like the Balkans and Turkey are incredibly beautiful and rich in culture. Oh well old Nige down at the pub has fond memories of the Empire which he can't seem to let go of so I guess the EU can jog on

And conveniently forget that Boris's great grandpa was a highly significant Turk, and his family changed their surname from Kemal to Johnson...
Original post by scidak

Oh, well, if they're nice, pretty places then clearly we need to have a political union with them.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Oh, well, if they're nice, pretty places then clearly we need to have a political union with them.

We already do. Croatia joined the EU in 2013. Is the population of Zagreb now living next door to you? No.
Original post by jneill
We already do. Croatia joined the EU in 2013. Is the population of Zagreb now living next door to you? No.

How do you know who lives next door to me?

My point was that all this talk of how nice continental landscapes and architecture and culture and people are is, whilst very pleasant and mostly true, no argument at all in favour of political unification with continental States.

I've noticed many in the Remain camp develop a habit of making soppy statements about Europe and then saying that we should Remain in the EU, without ever bothering to draw a logical nexus between those two statements. It's a very irritating distraction from real debate.

My point was that all this talk of how nice continental landscapes and architecture and culture and people are is, whilst very pleasant and mostly true, no argument at all in favour of political unification with continental States.

I've noticed many in the Remain camp develop a habit of making soppy statements about Europe and then saying that we should Remain in the EU, without ever bothering to draw a logical nexus between those two statements. It's a very irritating distraction from real debate.

I don't. But I bet you €1 it's not the population of Zagreb.
Original post by jneill
I don't. But I bet you €1 it's not the population of Zagreb.

I live in Zaprešić. How are you going to transfer me my euro?
I live in Zaprešić. How are you going to transfer me my euro?

Paypal?
Reply 395

Eurosceptic from Croatia. Did not know such people exists.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Axion
Yes, the more likely Leave goes through, the more turbulent the markets are becoming and the more evident the economic impact is going to be. Over £110bn wiped off the Uk markets alone over the past week when Remain odds have shortened from 70% to 57%, and the markets starting to tank.

Still who cares right.... right?

When the value of the pound drops overnight they'll understand... too bad it will be too late
Reply 397
Original post by jneill
Aside from the fact that they are refugees seeking humanity and assistance.

Oh and the distinct similarity to this (Nazi propaganda film):

Very bad comparison. The people from back than were not moving 10+ secure countries to join a destination and in most cases they were fleeing in safer parts of the countries where they already live.
I'm still sitting on the fence as i am seeing points from both sides that are intriguing and interesting. I also have friends from both sides that are also trying to convince me to vote either side. Does anyone here have some good points to point me in a direction?
Original post by Warminator
I'm still sitting on the fence as i am seeing points from both sides that are intriguing and interesting. I also have friends from both sides that are also trying to convince me to vote either side. Does anyone here have some good points to point me in a direction?

Well, I can tell you that I am firmly in. Mainly from an economic perspective.

Several companies that have said that they will reallocate jobs or investment in a Brexit.

In a survey of 700 British and German firms, more than 29% said they would relocate or cut capacity.

In a survey of 127 American companies that employ 300,000 people, 70% said a Brexit would negatively impact on future investments.

I cannot name a single company that said that they will invest more money in a Brexit.

We have record low unemployment and good growth and are just recovering from the recession of 08-09. Why change that?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest