The Student Room Group

2 year old Boy snatched by alligator at Disney

Sorry if this has been posted already. I had a quick scan and didn't see anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/15/disney-world-alligator-attack-boy-search

I felt sick reading this. I found out about this because of a 'meme' or whatever making a comparison of the response by the media to the gorilla incident and this. This involving a white kid, and the gorilla incident involving a black kid.

The meme pointed out that the father of the child who wasn't at the zoo was 'bashed' and that his criminal conviction was brought up, where as with this incident that I've posted; nothing but sympathy and respect.

The article states the young childs father was very close to the boy when he was snatched and attempted to wrestle the boy out of the jaws of Death but was not successful :frown:

Harrowing.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Oh goodness, I have no words. ):
I'll just say that a life lost is a life lost no matter what the parent might have or might not have done, and I'm sad to hear about the death of someone so young. And at a time when they should have been happy.

My best wishes go out to the boy's family.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I'll just say that a life lost is a life lost no matter what the parent might have or might not have done, and I'm sad to hear about the death of someone so young. And at a time when they should have been happy.

My best wishes go out to the boy's family.

I concur.

The body of the child was found intact so at least that might provide some closure to the family. I don't think anybody is to blame here. But even if there was, like you said, a life lost is a life lost.

So tragic :frown:
I heard on the radio that the boy is presumed dead and they do not expect to find a body
Reply 5
Question is...Who the f*ck has an alligator at Disneyland?
Original post by Results
Question is...Who the f*ck has an alligator at Disneyland?

Florida has loads...

This is a few days old btw.
Original post by champ_mc99
Florida has loads...

This is a few days old btw.

Apologies, I've only just seen it.

The body has been found so I presume that's why it's appearing in my feed?
Original post by hezzlington
I concur.

The body of the child was found intact so at least that might provide some closure to the family. I don't think anybody is to blame here. But even if there was, like you said, a life lost is a life lost.

So tragic :frown:

Apparently the father tried to snatch him back from the alligator's jaws and got injured in the process. These things are crazy tough.
I think you have more grounds for shooting an alligator over a great ape in this kind of situation. Alligators are naturally "killers", it's what they do. An ape doesn't have the same instinct to just kill and eat anything that comes near it like an alligator. It probably has similar nurturing instincts that we have as well.
We should not be moving these alligators away from their home at Disney, or shooting any. After all, not ALL alligators are child killers are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending