The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Music 2016

Scroll to see replies

I found an AMAZING website that will be useful for all of you for the listening portion of the exam.. type in teoria.com and go on ear listening exercises, it asks you to dictate rhythms and melodies, identify diminished chords etc- really useful!!!
Think it is only safe to not revise one applied set work cos that is easily avoidable in the essay as you only have to choose 2! Apparently jig and reel MIGHT come up as the world music always has.... But idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucySingh
I found an AMAZING website that will be useful for all of you for the listening portion of the exam.. type in teoria.com and go on ear listening exercises, it asks you to dictate rhythms and melodies, identify diminished chords etc- really useful!!!

Yeah I use that sometimes but still can't hear neopolitan 6ths etc........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what type of question could be asked about the Irish and the E.T. ?
If you could provide me the answers as well it would be really helpful
I've got confused about the 36 markers, how many points do you need to make?
Original post by eeyore_17
I've got confused about the 36 markers, how many points do you need to make?

So you need to write 6 paragraphs, 2 paragraphs on each of the 3 set works you're asked about. So 36 divided by 6 is 6, so you need to be getting 6 marks a paragraph for full marks. normally you should get 2 marks per illustrated point so that's giving a bar number along with a point you've made so at the least make 3 illustrated points, but to be safe I would recommend making 4 or 5 points where you can, because if you struggle on one piece you can make the points up with another piece (within reason, they stop marking after a certain number of points per composer). Hope this helps :smile:
what does everyone think will come up?
Original post by lucyaliceh
So you need to write 6 paragraphs, 2 paragraphs on each of the 3 set works you're asked about. So 36 divided by 6 is 6, so you need to be getting 6 marks a paragraph for full marks. normally you should get 2 marks per illustrated point so that's giving a bar number along with a point you've made so at the least make 3 illustrated points, but to be safe I would recommend making 4 or 5 points where you can, because if you struggle on one piece you can make the points up with another piece (within reason, they stop marking after a certain number of points per composer). Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you!! tbf 3/4 points for each once should hopefully be ok, but now I've said that ill do awful haha!
Original post by aggelosmandil

Remember my teaching telling us 'how does williams convey a sense of excitement and adventure in ET flying theme' hope this helps
Original post by aggelosmandil

Hi hope these help....
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466013478.674048.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466013500.788431.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466013524.384865.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466013538.200272.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you find it?
How did you find it?

I thought the 13 markers went great but I struggled a bit more for the 36 marker. You?
Original post by katielaybourn
I thought the 13 markers went great but I struggled a bit more for the 36 marker. You?

The first listening made me laugh ngl! I liked the questions i think, just hope I've put enough points! Which questions did you do?
The first listening made me laugh ngl! I liked the questions i think, just hope I've put enough points! Which questions did you do?

I did Schoenberg and Bernstein for the applied questions and then I did the texture and instruments one!
Doesn't seem like anyone did the Bach Cantata applied question, not surprised really :curious:
I didn't do that question either, how did you guys fine the applied and instrumental questions. I liked the 36 marker, which was a BIG surprise for me! :happy2:
I did Bernstein and Schoenberg too and then the one about melody and rhythm...I thought the essay section was pretty nice but the listening section was horrible!

Question 2 in section A was really hard...what did everyone put for composer/date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student9977
I did Bernstein and Schoenberg too and then the one about melody and rhythm...I thought the essay section was pretty nice but the listening section was horrible!

Question 2 in section A was really hard...what did everyone put for composer/date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was Mozart 1789
Original post by OllieDavies
It was Mozart 1789

Oh my god I got it right! What did you put for the other things? Chord etc.???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OllieDavies
It was Mozart 1789

Was it definitely Mozart? I put him but wasn't sure!

Quick Reply