The Student Room Group

Calling all africans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherryred90s
Wow, no one has ever asked me any of these questions.

I'd be pretty embarrassed to ask anyone those questions tbh
Original post by HurtfulHarold
My hair is probably one of my biggest problems. I live in a predominately white area so there aren't any barbers that work on afro hair. I don't go very often so lately I've been trying to grow an afro which doesn't even look all that god if I comb it. Also, the effort needed to comb it is just ughh...

my friend has the biggest fluffiest fro ever!!
Original post by 0to100
You called me rude and ignorant, if I want to defend myself in a hostile way so be it, even though I;m not feeling hostile at all. I just find all this very interesting tbh.

Anyway ok most of your post is sassy deflection and pointless so...

Anyway I don't care about your opinion lmao it's about facts, love, and facts say that many black African girls share the same features of Akon. The way you're posting "look like Akon" and using buzzwords to make me look the bad guy like say I'm stereotyping that, it's just low and kinda desperate. Well anyway, you're still going on pathetically and stubbornly about "girls looking like boys."

AGAIN for the millionth time I said most black people share Akon's FEATURES. I didn't ever say black girls look like black men! If I thought that I'd say it. So stop trying to make it seem like I said that, intentionally misconstruing my posts and putting words in my posts to make yourself look right when you look SO wrong. How about you run off and don't respond again if you're going to put words in my mouth because you know you're wrong but still insist on arguing with me for whatever reason.

For the last time, Iman and Akon don't look alike though they're both black. You admitted that. Despite that fact that we both agree on, most black people not just the WOMEN look like Akon! I never even specified black women look like Akon. I have been saying black people. :rolleyes: Go revise or summat you get me.

wow, you said it twice:redface: have you seen most black people then? Because there are a lot of us. How can you make such a ridiculous assumption?

Ah, the irony of it all. Where are your sources?
wow, you said it twice:redface: have you seen most black people then? Because there are a lot of us. How can you make such a ridiculous assumption?

Yea I said it twice because it's true. Are you seriously saying that most BLACK people don't look like Akon? I don't care how many of you there are, you probably have dark skin and thick hair, stop it. As opposed to Iman who doesn't. Have people in this thread huffed glue or are they seriously just taking the piss now.

And did you just ask for sources? It's called looking around. :rolleyes:
Just so you don't pay attention to this post instead of the other, since this is gonna be the newest, again: most black people have dark skin and thick hair, not light skin and silky hair like Iman, what is this piss take of a thread?

Original post by shawtyb
my friend has the biggest fluffiest fro ever!!

(As most black people will.)
Original post by 0to100
Yea I said it twice because it's true. Are you seriously saying that most BLACK people don't look like Akon? I don't care how many of you there are, you probably have dark skin and thick hair, stop it. As opposed to Iman who doesn't. Have people in this thread huffed glue or are they seriously just taking the piss now.

How can it be true when you have no evidence?
How can it be true when you haven't seen every single black person on this earth?

Your ignorance is showing. There are many black people with very fair skin and thinner hair. Stop being so narrow minded. Your comments are coming across as very discriminatory.
How can it be true when you have no evidence?
How can it be true when you haven't seen every single black person on this earth?

Your ignorance is showing. There are many black people with very fair skin and thinner hair. Stop being so narrow minded. Your comments are coming across as very discriminatory.

I never said there aren't many and why you're desperately trying to claim light skin and thin hair while you're black is truly the ignorant bit here.

Love yourself yeah lol and stop arguing with me. Most black people across the globe much less Africa have dark skin, thick hair. The ones with silky hair are as I have said a million times here, are mixed or from certain regions in Africa. Never said NO black people don't have light skin thin hair! I said most DON'T. And it's true!

Honestly do one, you're defending that black people can be light with soft hair and it's SAD honestly.

What is discriminatory about the truth? What is discriminatory about saying the facts?

Do black people not have dark skin, thick hair...? Answer me honestly.
Because I'm white it's discriminatory. If I were black saying "love your thick hair and dark skin" is it still "discriminatory"?

You know what's "discriminatory?" Automatically assuming I'm discriminatory just because I'm white! Psh whatever people! Denying having dark skin and thick hair honestly. When someone already admitted Akon and Iman don't look alike, and I never denied Iman as black :nah:
Original post by nostalgia22
Northern Africa are not black but they are still Africans.

Europeans are Asians.
Original post by alexschmalex
"Do you have electricity in Africa?"
"Wow, how come you speak such good English? I thought you all speak African at home!"
"What was it like living in a house for the first time when you came here?"
"Did it take you long to get used to cooked food?"
"So can you hunt?"
"Are you friends with wild jungle animals?"
"Are you sure you don't mean Canada? I've never heard of Cameroon!"
"If you're African, how can you afford all these nice things?"
"Is your family poor?"
"Did you experience a lot of oppression there?"
"Oh you have a normal name for an African. Is it pronounced differently? Are you sure??" (Seriously this vexes me, how else is Alex pronounced pls?)

The worst part is that I didn't even have to make these up, each of these things has all been said to me on at least 2 occasions if not more. And I've never even lived outside of Europe smh

Do you have an accent(different from the region you're from)?
Original post by 0to100
And did you just ask for sources? It's called looking around. :rolleyes:
Just so you don't pay attention to this post instead of the other, since this is gonna be the newest, again: most black people have dark skin and thick hair, not light skin and silky hair like Iman, what is this piss take of a thread?

(As most black people will.)

he wasnt black...or even half cast
Original post by shawtyb
he wasnt black...or even half cast

Yea rite.
Original post by Anonymous
What is annoying is that Somalis aren't seen as 'stereotypical looking Africans' when they are one of the oldest people in Africa. The struggle was real when the somali supermodel Iman Abdulmajid was said to look life a 'white women dipped in chocolate.'
http://madamenoire.com/586232/white-woman-dipped-in-chocolate/

when can african realise there is no stereotypical african look ?

Because they are mixed with Eurasians.
Original post by 0to100
I never said there aren't many and why you're desperately trying to claim light skin and thin hair while you're black is truly the ignorant bit here.

Love yourself yeah lol and stop arguing with me. Most black people across the globe much less Africa have dark skin, thick hair. The ones with silky hair are as I have said a million times here, are mixed or from certain regions in Africa. Never said NO black people don't have light skin thin hair! I said most DON'T. And it's true!

Honestly do one, you're defending that black people can be light with soft hair and it's SAD honestly.

What is discriminatory about the truth? What is discriminatory about saying the facts?

Do black people not have dark skin, thick hair...? Answer me honestly.

Because many black people have lighter skinned and thinner hair.
I do love myself, wtf are you talking about? Again, how can anything you say be relied on when your only source is 'looking around'? That's not even a source.

In comparison to white/European people, black people have darker skin. In the African and Caribbean community, black people come in a multitude of variations. Some are light, some are darker. Some have thicker hair, others have thinner here. Some have larger lips, others have smaller lips. You don't have to be mixed to be fairer skinned.
Because many black people have lighter skinned and thinner hair.
I do love myself, wtf are you talking about? Again, how can anything you say be relied on when your only source is 'looking around'? That's not even a source.

In comparison to white/European people, black people have darker skin. In the African and Caribbean community, black people come in a multitude of variations. Some are light, some are darker. Some have thicker hair, others have thinner here. Some have larger lips, others have smaller lips. You don't have to be mixed to be fairer skinned.

Ok you ask me for proof, you prove this then, in the bold? Where? Where is this colony of people who have light skin and thin hair you're so desperate to claim? And don't even bother saying East/North African, we've got that out the way already haven't we? So go on, where is this ethnicity of people who have light skin and silky hair? Or better still show me a celebrity with light skin and soft hair who doesn't have a white parent/grand parent. Go on, I'll wait. It's a beautiful morning and I am ok with waiting! :ahee:
Original post by Jibola240
Because they are mixed with Eurasians.

Yes boi! There's one who knows a damn thing. :shakehand:
Reply 96
Original post by 0to100
It can be in Angola or summat

Most people have never heard of it. The people I've met can't even name more than 5 countries in Africa :unimpressed:
Original post by alexschmalex
"Do you have electricity in Africa?"
"Wow, how come you speak such good English? I thought you all speak African at home!"
"What was it like living in a house for the first time when you came here?"
"Did it take you long to get used to cooked food?"
"So can you hunt?"
"Are you friends with wild jungle animals?"
"Are you sure you don't mean Canada? I've never heard of Cameroon!"
"If you're African, how can you afford all these nice things?"
"Is your family poor?"
"Did you experience a lot of oppression there?"
"Oh you have a normal name for an African. Is it pronounced differently? Are you sure??" (Seriously this vexes me, how else is Alex pronounced pls?)

The worst part is that I didn't even have to make these up, each of these things has all been said to me on at least 2 occasions if not more. And I've never even lived outside of Europe smh

I can relate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kkboyk
Most people have never heard of it. The people I've met can't even name more than 5 countries in Africa :unimpressed:

I got this:

Angola,
Liberia,
Morocco,
Libya,
Kenya,
Chad,
Zimbabwe,
Tanzania,
South Africa,
Egypt,
Tunisia,
Algeria,
Sudan,
Ethiopia,
Somalia,
Nigeria,
Niger,
Mali,
(getting difficult to come up with another tbh)
Original post by 0to100
Yea rite.

i went to school with him!
im pretty ****ing sure what colour he was

Quick Reply

Latest