The Student Room Group

Physics P2 Unofficial Markscheme Edexcel.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What was the answer 15.8 for
Original post by jamiedwight
I got this. I worked out the weight and then the work done using weight as the force in the formula.

Doesn't that seem too complex for only 2 marks?
Reply 22
Original post by keepyourapology
Yeah, I got that.

I got that but someone said it was 171 million because it was GPE.

I got 1,710,000 for the KE one because it was GPE as you said

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UnknownStudent1
Doesn't that seem too complex for only 2 marks?

I did that too, I think it was the only way you could do it. But I think was 3 marks
no it was 2 marks
Reply 25
Original post by NextGenRemix
also did anyone get 15.8 for one of the answers?

Do you mean a question asking you to calculate something to do with velocity?
Do you think the whole paper will be released like the Maths exams? Or is it just going to be in text format? I would prefer the whole paper being released 😒
Original post by UnknownStudent1
Do you think the whole paper will be released like the Maths exams? Or is it just going to be in text format? I would prefer the whole paper being released 😒

As far as I know, none of the Edexce Science papers have been released yet, so I doubt it.
Original post by Rof74
I got 1,710,000 for the KE one because it was GPE as you said

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was 1,710,000 as in the question it told us that earths gravitational field strength is 10 N/kg and there is no other equation that requires gravitational field strength other than the 'weight = mass x gravitational field strength' equation. Unless they were trying to play us, which I highly doubt, I think that's the correct answer. I got that too, so am hoping for the best ☺️
Original post by Bush12
What did you get for the mass 7 days before, I got 330 something, I cant remember exactly

I think it is 330. It would around that value
Original post by Bush12
What did you get for the mass 7 days before, I got 330 something, I cant remember exactly

I got 315. A friend of mine got 260. Idk. I calculated mine.
Static electricity q- Earthing. The student is discharged when it touches a metal object. The electrons from the earth travel to the metal object and to the student. The electrons travelling between the metal object and the student causes an electric shock.
Original post by keepyourapology
As far as I know, none of the Edexce Science papers have been released yet, so I doubt it.

Oh. Well, maths Edexcel papers were released. The same should be for science. But oh well, I guess the text format will do. Hope it gets released soon
Reply 33
Absolute beauty of a paper!
I thought 2(a) was that only fission is triggered by a neutron...
Did anyone get 2375000 for the rollercoaster work done question?

Yeah that's what I got
Reply 36
Can't remember the values for the calculation on question 1, but it was in mA and you needed to DIVIDE by 1000 to convert to amps - NOT times. :smile:
If I've gotten 2 A* in biology and chemistry and A in my ISa and a b in physics today do you think I will get an a overall
Did anyone get 2375000 for the rollercoaster work done question?

I did, no clue if it's right though, those two maths rollercoaster questions tripped me, swear there was no way to work out the KE on the second one :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bue34 c
Do you mean a question asking you to calculate something to do with velocity?

Yeah that's what I got, nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending