The Student Room Group

Gcse Ocr gateway B Biology

Didn't find a thread on this yet. How are you guys feeling about the exam tomorrow? Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Do you need to learn equations by heart?
Original post by John Dalrymple
Do you need to learn equations by heart?

It'd be better if you do, there is like 1 equation.
If you're talking about word or balanced symbol equations, yes you need to memorise them.
I'm going to need a miracle to get an A on this exam
Does anyone have a list of predicted topics to come up would appreciate it to just go over make sure I am prepared! Thanks and good luck everyone
Reply 5
Original post by hchapman00
does anyone have a list of predicted topics to come up would appreciate it to just go over make sure i am prepared! Thanks and good luck everyone

b4/
population
zonation
biodiversity
photosynthesis
diffussion and osmosis
decay
leaves
pesticides

b5/
bones and cartilage
heart
lungs
kidneys
clotting
donors and transplants
fertlity

b6/
bacteria
yeast
brewing
soils
biofuels
Reply 6
I know this is late but does anyone have the 2015 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
I know this is late but does anyone have the 2015 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly i need it to i just wanna know the topics
I just saw this. Here is the 2015 paper:
This is dreadfully late. I suggest you briefly look at the question and read the mark scheme. Try to remember the key words since it's not uncommon for very similar questions to appear the following year i.e. today.
@mxskaan
@ellamoon_22
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
This is dreadfully late. I suggest you briefly look at the question and read the mark scheme. Try to remember the key words since it's not uncommon for very similar questions to appear the following year i.e. today.
@mxskaan
@ellamoon_22

thnks
@mxskaan
@ellamoon_22

thanks for this! the paper looks much harder than the one i did as a practice (2013) so i'll be looking through the mark scheme haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
@mxskaan
@ellamoon_22

Thanks for this although I didn't have time to look at it! How did you find the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exam was exam really good I might make a mark scheme
Original post by mxskaan
Thanks for this although I didn't have time to look at it! How did you find the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was alright...I found it far better than the first paper. I am trying to make an unoffical mark scheme...
Original post by mxskaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about yourself?
How about yourself?

Same I found it a lot better than B123 but that calls for high grade boundaries. It was 49/85 for an A* last year but I think it will rise to around 53-54? Yes an unofficial mark scheme would be great, let me know if you need any help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
Same I found it a lot better than B123 but that calls for high grade boundaries. It was 49/85 for an A* last year but I think it will rise to around 53-54? Yes an unofficial mark scheme would be great, let me know if you need any help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I agree. I probably need help with the mark scheme...it's not going very weel with all my random question) Lol!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65861709&highlight=
B4 was a shambles, was really nice on the whole though
super glad that i'm free of biology now!
@mxskaan
@ellamoon_22

Really sorry for bothering you again but could you also upload the 2015 physics p456 paper and MS please. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending