The Student Room Group

Physics P2 Unofficial Markscheme Edexcel.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Bush12
What did you get for the mass 7 days before, I got 330 something, I cant remember exactly

I can't remember exactly what I got, but the half-life after 7 days changed by a mass of 99, so I added 99 to the original mass as it was 7 days before. :biggrin:
Original post by UnknownStudent1
Do you think the whole paper will be released like the Maths exams? Or is it just going to be in text format? I would prefer the whole paper being released 😒

no one has access to the whole paper.
What was the answer to 2(a) about the difference between fission and fusion?
Reply 43
Oh for question 5 (can't remember which part of the question)

12 V = 12 joules per Coulomb.
Reply 44
I think it is 330. It would around that value

How did you get that because I got 260

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the first 6 mark question, I wrote that when a filament lamp is switched on the potential difference begins to increase causing the current to rise as shown in the graph. However, as this happens, the resistor starts to heat up due to the electrons colliding with ions meaning that the resistance increases. This is why the current is shown to stop increasing at 0.5A in the graph.
Original post by Rof74
How did you get that because I got 260

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get 260 because I got 315.
Reply 47
Doesn't that seem too complex for only 2 marks?

I thought it was too complex too. I did GPE to get 171mill joules because energy transferred = work done :smile:
I think it was 1,710,000 as in the question it told us that earths gravitational field strength is 10 N/kg and there is no other equation that requires gravitational field strength other than the 'weight = mass x gravitational field strength' equation. Unless they were trying to play us, which I highly doubt, I think that's the correct answer. I got that too, so am hoping for the best ☺️

It was 2,375,000, because, it was calculating the work done, which is Force times Distance travelled. The 10N/Kg was given to work out the Force of the cart (9500kg * 10N/kg), and then multiply it by 25 for 2,375,000 J
Reply 49
Do you think the whole paper will be released like the Maths exams? Or is it just going to be in text format? I would prefer the whole paper being released 😒

show me the paper and i can fill it in
Original post by harry_16
For the first 6 mark question, I wrote that when a filament lamp is switched on the potential difference begins to increase causing the current to rise as shown in the graph. However, as this happens, the resistor starts to heat up due to the electrons colliding with ions meaning that the resistance increases. This is why the current is shown to stop increasing at 0.5A in the graph.

I said that the increase in voltage, causes more energy to be transferred per coloumb of charge, hence for each electron. So the energy in the electrons are raised, meaning more collisions occur between the cations in the lattice, increasing the resistance of the wire. This causes the graph to level off, as the resistance increases and the voltage increases the temperature of the wire, meaning that the current levels off.
Reply 51
Original post by TheMasterofLife
It was 2,375,000, because, it was calculating the work done, which is Force times Distance travelled. The 10N/Kg was given to work out the Force of the cart (9500kg * 10N/kg), and then multiply it by 25 for 2,375,000 J

Yeah, 1,710,000 is the answer for the second part , about Kinetic energy not work done question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
For the velocity-time graph in Q6, did anyone get 18 as their answer? I did the area of a triangle for her accelerating velocity thing (can't remember the full question).
Original post by keepyourapology
How did that exam go? Starting an unofficial mark scheme..xD Please add questions as well. :smile:

Spoiler

You said the answer to 5b was "joules per coulomb" but you mean "12 joules per coulomb" :smile:
Original post by Rof74
Yeah, 1,710,000 is the answer for the second part , about Kinetic energy not work done question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't the kinetic energy transferred the same as the work done, assuming there is a perfect transfer. Plus it was only 1 mark?
Original post by L0st45
For the velocity-time graph in Q6, did anyone get 18 as their answer? I did the area of a triangle for her accelerating velocity thing (can't remember the full question).

Acceleration is the gradient not the area
Reply 56
Original post by keepyourapology
How did you get 260 because I got 315.

I checked how much activity after 7 days which was 100 so I did 180-100 which is 80, then did 180 +80 which is 260

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L0st45

I got 6. something, I don't think we had to work out the distance travelled by doing the area, it was just the gradient as it was for acceleration.
Reply 58
For the six marker about the filament lamp, I said:
- as the potential difference increases, so does the current as long as the temperature is constant so they are proportional.
- however this is only up to 0.3A where the graph starts to level off
- because the individual increased the resistance, the temperature increased too
- this is due to the electrons in the current colliding with ions in the lattice to convert kE into heat energy.
- therefore current decreases (so it levels off)
- the current stays at 0.5A because the voltage is still increasing to keep the current at the same value :-)
Reply 59
Original post by student2607
I got 6. something, I don't think we had to work out the distance travelled by doing the area, it was just the gradient as it was for acceleration.

Original post by TSlayerr
Acceleration is the gradient not the area

Lol I got that one wrong then haha, I thought it was two marks so I just chucked a calculation in lol, oh well. 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending