The Student Room Group

Messages me first then ignores me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elivercury
They probably are - as you were told is most likely the case.

Take the cue, end the conversation. Why are you trying to continue a conversation with someone who isn't interested? Go talk to someone who is.

I somewhat indirectly asked her to do a run with me and she said no, guess that's the end of that :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I somewhat indirectly asked her to do a run with me and she said no, guess that's the end of that :frown:

Yup, sorry buddy. Next time just ignore her, she'll probably be more interested. If she isn't at least you haven't wasted your time.
Original post by Anonymous
She replied acting like she forgot... From what she is saying she feel like she doesn't want to talk, but I just can't stop myself from sending another message...

Her replies seem like they're trying to stop the conversation..

Thats rude... I'd do it to her to knock it off.
Original post by ckfeister
Thats rude... I'd do it to her to knock it off.

What is rude about not wanting a conversation with someone? She's being civil and responding, if slowly and in a manner that indicates she doesn't want to have a conversation. It's about as polite as you can get really.
What is rude about not wanting a conversation with someone? She's being civil and responding, if slowly and in a manner that indicates she doesn't want to have a conversation. It's about as polite as you can get really.

No it isn't as polite as you can get, just say " I'm busy "... not hard, straight-talking and won't cause problems.
No it isn't as polite as you can get, just say " I'm busy "... not hard, straight-talking and won't cause problems.

We can agree to disagree. Forcing conversation when you don't want to have one is politer than saying you are busy and brushing them off imo.
We can agree to disagree. Forcing conversation when you don't want to have one is politer than saying you are busy and brushing them off imo.

Men think different than women, think that before doing it otherwise it can become toxic.
Men think different than women, think that before doing it otherwise it can become toxic.

I'm a man and we clearly think differently, so I'm unsure that is strictly true.
I'm a man and we clearly think differently, so I'm unsure that is strictly true.

Oh are you in this " British politeness " society?
Oh are you in this " British politeness " society?

If you're asking whether I believe in manners, yes.

Not to mention asking someone a question then immediately telling them you are too busy to talk sounds rather ridiculous.
If you're asking whether I believe in manners, yes.

Not to mention asking someone a question then immediately telling them you are too busy to talk sounds rather ridiculous.

Manners... that annoys me when they take it too far.
Yup, sorry buddy. Next time just ignore her, she'll probably be more interested. If she isn't at least you haven't wasted your time.

Okay so she sent me a snapchat are we're literally having the long conversation we've ever had about 30 snaps long.... They consisted of us talking for the first few now we are just staking the piss out of each other.. I'm overthinking this way to much I guess she's just being nice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending