The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackcoys
**** that biology I ****ed it up. Was sitting on full marked Unit 1 and full marked CA and i ****ed it up god damn who gives a **** anyway not like im doing it at a-level but it would of been nice to get the A*

I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think
Original post by chemnerd4life
I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think

I don't know. The paper was so long and boring. I get so bored during 1h45 papers and start losing focus. But I don't normally say that I mess things up. I reckon i'll end up scraping an A, but the A* dream is kaput without a doubt.
Original post by akrapovic
Further Maths was a treat! I personally didn't have any problems at all, despite a few odd questions here and there. Although credit to my amazing maths teacher.

Yes I completely agree :smile: Hopefully paper 2 will be like that
Original post by Tsunaomi
It was 2 and -3 :smile:

For the first matrices question?? I got 10 and -9 or something like that
I thought b2 was much easier than b1 tbh, didn't think it was long either finished after an hour, the question wording was terrible tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jcumiskey99

it was for the p and q question, p=2 and q=-3
FM people for the last question was it 150 people and £700 each?
Original post by jcumiskey99

It was for the finding p and q matrices question I think. I also got -9 and 10 for the first question or either -10 and 9, I can't remember .
Original post by Cbeattie740

That's what I got
Was the answer to the logs question 1.69?
That's what I got

Most people in my year also got that. I was really happy with the paper because I went in dreading the optimising problems & logs question, glad they were easy enough though :smile:
Was the answer to the logs question 1.69?

Yea I got that
Most people in my year also got that. I was really happy with the paper because I went in dreading the optimising problems & logs question, glad they were easy enough though :smile:

I was dreading questions about curves and stuff, I never know whether to differentiate or fill in x where or whatever, but I think it went really well!
I was dreading questions about curves and stuff, I never know whether to differentiate or fill in x where or whatever, but I think it went really well!

It was so good that they split it up into parts as well rather than just one question
It was so good that they split it up into parts as well rather than just one question

Exactly, they sort of talked you through it 😂

YESSSS you have made my day. I was so unsure about that question but now that you've said that I'm over the moon!

Did you find the proof for that question a bit weird. It probably wasn't hard but I got a similar equation and then just wrote (-400 for each) at the end and got the equation. How many marks out of 3 is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone do Biology Unit 2 today and want to discuss?

x. Purpose of amniotic fluid? I said to absorb impact.
x. 2 Osomsis environmental factors? Can't believe I forgot about this one in the exam, but I said temperature and pH. I'm pretty sure I won't get the mark for pH.
x. How can we tell from this diagram that fertilisation is occurring? I said that the nucleus of the sperm was touching/in contact with the egg cell.
x. Suggest the (according to the diagram) rate of blood flow in the capillaries. According to my friends this had something to do with pressure. I said that it moves at a slower rate to allow time for gasses to diffuse but I just evidence that it was because it was going upwards, I couldn't include pressure because it asked to use the diagram.
Original post by jackcoys
Anyone do Biology Unit 2 today and want to discuss?

x. Purpose of amniotic fluid? I said to absorb impact.
x. 2 Osomsis environmental factors? Can't believe I forgot about this one in the exam, but I said temperature and pH. I'm pretty sure I won't get the mark for pH.
x. How can we tell from this diagram that fertilisation is occurring? I said that the nucleus of the sperm was touching/in contact with the egg cell.
x. Suggest the (according to the diagram) rate of blood flow in the capillaries. According to my friends this had something to do with pressure. I said that it moves at a slower rate to allow time for gasses to diffuse but I just evidence that it was because it was going upwards, I couldn't include pressure because it asked to use the diagram.

**** I thought it was transpiration environmental factors

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually thought Biology was okay, I was freaking out this morning because I thought I knew literally nothing, but it definitely wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected!

Quick Reply

Latest