The Student Room Group

Physics P2 Unofficial Markscheme Edexcel.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L0st45
Lol I got that one wrong then haha, I thought it was two marks so I just chucked a calculation in lol, oh well. 😂

Yeah that's fair enough, normally velocity graphs do ask for distance so that was easily done
Reply 61
Original post by Rof74
I checked how much activity after 7 days which was 100 so I did 180-100 which is 80, then did 180 +80 which is 260

Posted from TSR Mobile

At first I did 180 + 100 to get 280mg but ended up putting 180mg as my answer because it hadn't started decaying yet so the mass didn't really change.
Plus it was one mark so I thought it was a trick question
Original post by NextGenRemix
also did anyone get 15.8 for one of the answers?

I did - cant remember which one tho
Reply 63
For the nuclear fusion and fission question, in regards to the graph showing a correlation between rate of fusion reaction and temperature, I put:

- Fusion needs a high temperature to overcome repulsion between positive nuclei. The graph shows a correlation between the increase in rate of fusion reaction per second and temperature - as temperature increases, so does rate of reaction.

I think that might have been what they were looking for.

Oh and the Uranium atom, it was 92 for number of protons and (was it 235 mass number? I have an awful memory...) 143 for neutron number.
Original post by Rof74
How did you get that because I got 260

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 260 also
Reply 65
Question 6, the question about why cyclists need to keep pedalling to stop them slowing down, I put because air resistance would slow them down?
Original post by L0st45
Question 6, the question about why cyclists need to keep pedalling to stop them slowing down, I put because air resistance would slow them down?

That's essentially the same as what I put; except, I called it 'drag'.
I said that the pedalling force had to balance with the friction acting on the tyres. Is that also correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student2607
I did, no clue if it's right though, those two maths rollercoaster questions tripped me, swear there was no way to work out the KE on the second one :s-smilie:

You had to work out the GPE and that would've been the same as the maximum KE because the energy at the top of the roller coaster would convert to kinetic so they would be the same
I missed out the 1 mark question before the 6 marker what was the other question on that page because I might have missed the page all together
Original post by Bush12
I did 180/8 = 22.5. Then I did 22.5 * 7 = 157.5. Then 180 + 157.5 = 337.5. Every day it will have decayed 22.5

180 * 2 = 360mg was its mass 8 days ago because it doubles.
The 360/8 * 7 = 315.
Original post by keepyourapology
How did that exam go? Starting an unofficial mark scheme..xD Please add questions as well. :smile:

Spoiler

I didn't see that question :argh:
How many marks was it?
Original post by Lawliet-L
I didn't see that question :argh:
How many marks was it?

Which question?
If I've got: (unit 2 only)
a high A* in CA,
mid A* in Chemistry,
high A/low A* in Biology,
mid to high A in Physics,

What grade would I be looking at overall for additional science?
Which question?

Draw the voltmeter
Draw the voltmeter

One mark. :smile:

Original post by Bush12
But if you used that method to work out the mass of the stuff one day ago it would be wrong as 45 * 7 = 315. So if we do 360 - 315 = 45. But as we saw the mass at the current time was 180

It said estimate so I hope I get lucky. xP
If I've got: (unit 2 only)
a high A* in CA,
mid A* in Chemistry,
high A/low A* in Biology,
mid to high A in Physics,

What grade would I be looking at overall for additional science?

Mid-low A*, I think. I think I'm looking at the same grades but different distribution. xP
One mark. :smile:

It said estimate so I hope I get lucky. xP

Ah hopefully! I put down 270 but everyone else has 315 or something :tongue:
what was the 3 marker after the voltmeter?
Mid-low A*, I think. I think I'm looking at the same grades but different distribution. xP

Thank you, there's still hope! :banana:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending