The Student Room Group

AQA Physics P2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kad126
Because the x was after the line of best fit. If it was before it was timed too early, if it was after, it was timed too late (after it dropped).

It was further across on the x axis (time), which means the graph is saying the anomalous result took longer than it actually did, which would mean that the stopwatch was pressed before to make the time more, wouldn't it? I may be completely wrong.
Reply 21
Original post by Ferg.
It was further across on the x axis (time), which means the graph is saying the anomalous result took longer than it actually did, which would mean that the stopwatch was pressed before to make the time more, wouldn't it? I may be completely wrong.

Thats what I thought, because it took longer to reach the same spot, but if it was after the time shown on the stopwatch would be lower surely??
Original post by Ferg.

Yes that's right because if you put in x and y values then the only way it could of happened is if the x value was too big, which was the time and so this must've happened if they started it too early, because if you start it too late, then obviously you're going to get a shorter time
Reply 23
What did you guys get for the last question... It asked us to find the combined mass so 10 times 840= 8400?
Reply 24
Original post by BDunlop
Yes that's right because if you put in x and y values then the only way it could of happened is if the x value was too big, which was the time and so this must've happened if they started it too early, because if you start it too late, then obviously you're going to get a shorter time

Thank you or the reassurance, all of the unofficial mark schemes are saying after, but I spent a lot of time on that question making sure I understood it and I was almost certain I was right.
Would you happen to know what was meant by the resolution of the voltmeter?
Also did it ask for the most or least ionising radiation?
Original post by B1L4L10
What did you guys get for the last question... It asked us to find the combined mass so 10 times 840= 8400?

84kg, you were given the weight, which is mass x gravity, so have to re arrange to get weight/mass = 84kg
Original post by Ferg.
Thank you or the reassurance, all of the unofficial mark schemes are saying after, but I spent a lot of time on that question making sure I understood it and I was almost certain I was right.
Would you happen to know what was meant by the resolution of the voltmeter?
Also did it ask for the most or least ionising radiation?

Bit worried, i can't remember seeing a question on the resolution of a voltmeter? which exam paper did you take? It asked for the least ionising which was gamma as it usually passes straight through an atom without ionising it
Reply 27
Original post by B1L4L10

840Newtons between them
Weight=Mass x Gravitational field strength
840=?x10
?=840/10
?=84kg
That's what I got
Original post by Alex5674
Chin up question was 52w

260 J / 5 seconds

Ayyyy I got 52W
Original post by Ferg.
840Newtons between them
Weight=Mass x Gravitational field strength
840=?x10
?=840/10
?=84kg
That's what I got

Yes same.
What was the chin up question about? I don't remember doing it
Reply 31
Original post by BDunlop
Bit worried, i can't remember seeing a question on the resolution of a voltmeter? which exam paper did you take? It asked for the least ionising which was gamma as it usually passes straight through an atom without ionising it

It was in an experiment with two students, and they both got slightly different answers and it asked what is the resolution of the voltmeter and asked why it is suitable for the experiment.
I do higher.
Original post by BDunlop

My paper didnt have one on the resolution either. Did you do triple science? I think there are slightly different specifications.
Original post by Ferg.
It was in an experiment with two students, and they both got slightly different answers and it asked what is the resolution of the voltmeter and asked why it is suitable for the experiment.
I do higher.

I did PH2HP further, and PH3HP further additional, i didn't have a question that specifically asked about resolution but i guess if the resolution wasn't big enough then you won't be able to see a clear pattern + it doesn't tell you what happens in between the values? Does this answer your question?
Reply 34
Original post by CCGI
Thats what I thought, because it took longer to reach the same spot, but if it was after the time shown on the stopwatch would be lower surely??

As I said before, I am pretty sure if the anomalous result took longer there is no way the stopwatch was pressed after because it gave a longer time. Once again, I could be wrong
This exam was honestly depressing. It didn't help that I got over confident and thought I could semi wing it.
Original post by Youngey4
My paper didnt have one on the resolution either. Did you do triple science? I think there are slightly different specifications.

Yeah i did further and further additional, should probably have different threads for each one imo
Original post by BDunlop

There was one.
Resolution__________
Give a reason
They hit the stopwatch early, that's why the cross was to the right of the line of best fit.

I put that the biggest mistake they could've made was not stopping the clock as soon as the ball bearing reaches a certain distance.
I'm not sure what the second part asked to get 0.01?
For the next part I don't remember the question
Then I put that it was timed before because the anomaly was after the best fit line so they must have started the time a bit before the ball bearing was dropped.
And the last part I think was about how the ball bearing reaches terminal velocity?
I wrote that there is drag at first but the weight of the ball speeds it up(accelerates). Then drag increases because of acceleration so it reach its highest velocity.
Please reply if you know the questions to the others one that i couldnt remember.
Original post by dianmian12
There was one.
Resolution__________
Give a reason

Resolution is basically another way of saying the interval, so it would o.05 here and the reason could be it showed a clear pattern that as X did whatever then y did this

Quick Reply