2016 AQA Physics P3 higher tier Unofficial Markscheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michelle15
Hi guys, if I get an
A* in my ISA,
A in bio
A in chem
C in physics
Can I still get an A overall?!? This physics has really ****ed me up ...

Yes, a low A, assuming that you got A*2, A2, A2 and C2.
Original post by Annabel3315
No, I think it was further away. Aw don't worry, the grade boundaries will hopefully be low!! I hope so anyway

Which question was this? I don't remember a question askign you to describe the image? The only object i had was object O which i had to draw a converging magnifying glass for?
Original post by dianmian12
There was the question on the foot pedal and drums. You had to find out the force of the chain from the foot pedal (3 marks)
It said there was a 1.5 N force from toe I think. 0.20 from pivot to the chain. 0.12 from pivot to toe.
What did you all get for the answer?

i got A* in my ISA
around 50 in P1
Around 30 in P2
Around 35 in P3
Do you think I can get an A???
There was the question on the foot pedal and drums. You had to find out the force of the chain from the foot pedal (3 marks)
It said there was a 1.5 N force from toe I think. 0.20 from pivot to the chain. 0.12 from pivot to toe.
What did you all get for the answer?

i got 0.9N

Original post by Youreawizard
1)a) What was electromagnet better for sorting rubbish?
1)b) How can the students use this equipment to create an electromagnet, and test it - and vary its strength?

1a. i put that the electromagnets's magnetic field can be turned on and off

Don't know which question it is but there was one that asked for the equipment used to do the eye surgery that had heat or something? I put a laser...

i put a laser of light
Reply 65
For the question on ultrasound speed:
I believe the question said that the time taken for the ultrasound to reach the baby was 80x10^-6 seconds, and to get back to the scanner took 30x10^-6 seconds. I believe that the time taken was 110x10^-6 seconds and the distance was 4cm and you had to convert it to metres so = 0.04m. Speed = distance/time so I did speed = 0.04/110x10^-6

This is what I remember and I have a feeling some parts are wrong so DO correct me. I cba to work out the answer lol so have fun who ever wants to provided the numbers are correct.
OMG I was seriously getting scared. I don't think I had that question either.
Original post by ruadb0y
I believe the question said that the time taken for the ultrasound to reach the baby was 80x10^-6 seconds, and to get back to the scanner took 30x10^-6 seconds. I believe that the time taken was 110x10^-6 seconds and the distance was 4cm and you had to convert it to metres so = 0.04m. Speed = distance/time so I did speed = 0.04/110x10^-6

This is what I remember and I have a feeling some parts are wrong so DO correct me. I cba to work out the answer lol so have fun who ever wants to provided the numbers are correct.

I did 80 take 30 instead of adding them..
Reply 68
Original post by ruadb0y

this is correct calculation provided the info given by you, should get about 363.6 m/s
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by surina16
There were questions about like the centre of mass and stuff:

what is meant by the 'centre of mass'?
the point where the mass appears to be concentrated

why is tower B more unstable than A?
- narrower base
- higher centre of mass

why doesn't this tower fall over?
- the line of action of the weight lies within the base so there is no resultant moment causing it to topple

(not sure if these are correct)

i put that tower doesn't fall over because the clockwise moment equals the anticlockwise moment so there is a balance and there is no resultant moment
btw, how does the line of action lies within the base? the base was narrower than the sides
14661676585881408865978.jpg
Original post by mediaya
i put that tower doesn't fall over because the clockwise moment equals the anticlockwise moment so there is a balance and there is no resultant moment
btw, how does the line of action lies within the base? the base was narrower than the sides

The line of action is simply the downward force which in this case is the weight.
I don't think I had a question about describing the image of the ray diagram?
Reply 73
Original post by BDunlop
The line of action is simply the downward force which in this case is the weight.

You had to write about the anti-clockwise moment being equal to the clockwise moment, trust me
Original post by lewisorm
You had to write about the anti-clockwise moment being equal to the clockwise moment, trust me

Yes i know, i wrote that too and the reason the moments were equal. I was just explaining what the line of action is.
Original post by TSRPAV
this is correct calculation provided the info given by you, should get about 363.6 m/s

You needed to do (80 x 10^6 - 30 x 10^6) / 2 because it gave you the time for the wave to reach the boundary and be partially reflected, so this is the time it took for the wave to go there and back, you want the distance of going there, so the answer would work out to be 1600 m/s and if you forgot to half the time you would've gotten 800 m/s
Oh dear I got 1.3N for the foot pedal one! I found p2 a lot worse than p3 but p3 was so bad too :frown:
Original post by harison291
I don't think I had a question about describing the image of the ray diagram?

Me neither? Just a question on drawing it? The question beforehand was about a similar thing with the light bulbs though maybe it was that
Original post by ruadb0y

i did 80x10-6 - 30x10^-6= 50x10^-6
4cm=0.04m
so 0.04/0.000005=8000
but because it is going there and back (full reflection) you had to divide by 2
8000/2 = 4000 m/s

and i know this is wrong because i divided the speed by 2 instead of dividing the TIME by 2:frown:
how many marks would i get?

and one more thing, i am rubbish at standard form, that's why i got it so wrong. they shuldnt be allowed to put that in...:angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
This paper made and still makes me feel sick. I need to get at least a B to do A Level but I think I did terribly, it couldn't have gone much worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending