The Student Room Group

Asset/Investment Management target universities.

Do asset management companies have targets and semi targets like banks do, If so are they the same ones?
Original post by Earl Campbell
Do asset management companies have targets and semi targets like banks do, If so are they the same ones?

Same ones as usual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Same ones as usual

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks; when companies like BlackRock and Allianz emphasise strong quantitative and analytical skills for their investment schemes (fixed income in the case of BlackRock) do you think Management at Warwick would be sufficient or would I be better off taking Econ at Durham (planning to firm Warwick tomorrow but starting to get cold feet).
Thanks; when companies like BlackRock and Allianz emphasise strong quantitative and analytical skills for their investment schemes (fixed income in the case of BlackRock) do you think Management at Warwick would be sufficient or would I be better off taking Econ at Durham (planning to firm Warwick tomorrow but starting to get cold feet).

Firm Warwick (also firmed management, however international) Best option to be honest. Durham is a dry university

It'll be sufficient, you won't be doing any wacky quant. modelling in investment management.

Just firm it bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
It'll be sufficient, you won't be doing any wacky quant. modelling in investment management.

Just firm it bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by glebp
Firm Warwick (also firmed management, however international) Best option to be honest. Durham is a dry university

Just as an update I ended up firming Warwick, still a tad concerned that the majority of MBB/Tier 2 and analysts at top Asset Managers on LinkedIn seem to be more "academic" subjects (Econ, Maths, History), whereas the management students seem to favour the IBD side of things more. I guess I'll do by best to hit the ground running and hope that it's mainly down to Econ/Maths students applying for MBB/Tier 2 and AM jobs in greater number.

Thanks for the advice guys!
Just as an update I ended up firming Warwick, still a tad concerned that the majority of MBB/Tier 2 and analysts at top Asset Managers on LinkedIn seem to be more "academic" subjects (Econ, Maths, History), whereas the management students seem to favour the IBD side of things more. I guess I'll do by best to hit the ground running and hope that it's mainly down to Econ/Maths students applying for MBB/Tier 2 and AM jobs in greater number.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Selection bias bro, selection bias

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Any degree from a target is fine, but Schroders also prefers a mathematical subject like maths, physics, computer science or econometrics.

"Clearly you’ll need a strong academic record, including a 2:1 or above in an honours degree or equivalent. Ideally this will be in a relevant discipline, such as Maths, Science, Statistics, Data Science, Econometrics, Operational Research, Engineering, Machine Learning or Financial Mathematics"
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending