The Student Room Group

HELP/ADVICE needed ASAP

Hello, my name is Aisha Sara and I'm a British citizen who lives in Sudan. I did my IGCSEs 2012-2013 these are my marks:

Maths (A*)
English as a First Language (B)
Biology (A*)
Chemistry (A)
Physics (A*)
Islamiyat (B)
Arabic as a Second Language (A*)
ICT (A)

After my IGCSEs I couldn't do my A-Levels because I applied to the only Sixth Form in the country and they rejected my application because my Father was previously employed there as a teacher and they had issues with him. So, the first year after my IGCSEs (2014) I stayed at home. The second year (2015) my Father enrolled me in an A-Level course online. That year when it came close to the time for my exams, I felt that I wasn't prepared so I cancelled them. Now, I've finished my AS exams but I don't think I did well.

I want to study Medicine in the UK and need advice on how to progress. I think I'll have to come to study for my A-Levels in the UK and if so I'm 19-years-old will it be free or will I have to pay fees?
Original post by aishasarailott
Hello, my name is Aisha Sara and I'm a British citizen who lives in Sudan. I did my IGCSEs 2012-2013 these are my marks:

Maths (A*)
English as a First Language (B)
Biology (A*)
Chemistry (A)
Physics (A*)
Islamiyat (B)
Arabic as a Second Language (A*)
ICT (A)

After my IGCSEs I couldn't do my A-Levels because I applied to the only Sixth Form in the country and they rejected my application because my Father was previously employed there as a teacher and they had issues with him. So, the first year after my IGCSEs (2014) I stayed at home. The second year (2015) my Father enrolled me in an A-Level course online. That year when it came close to the time for my exams, I felt that I wasn't prepared so I cancelled them. Now, I've finished my AS exams but I don't think I did well.

I want to study Medicine in the UK and need advice on how to progress. I think I'll have to come to study for my A-Levels in the UK and if so I'm 19-years-old will it be free or will I have to pay fees?

To study Medicine in the UK, you will need at least AAA in your A-Levels in the appropriate subjects, so the first step would be to try to attain them. Then you'll need to apply through UCAS, write a personal statement and take the UKCAT (and BMAT if you want to apply for BMAT Med schools but that's after you apply).

I don't know about fees though, I'm afraid. Your best bet wold be to contact colleges and ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest