The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fenice
Where did he 'call for violence'? Your illustration of this is silly and unhelpful

Here you go mate:

https://www.facebook.com/ImagineFaragesFace/videos/590766171101451/
Reply 561
Original post by Bornblue
My point about UKIP and Farage is that they normalise racism. They make far-right opinions mainstream.

Their opinions are only mainstream because people vote for them... Before UKIP, Farage-like politicians were among the Conservatives, whose doctrine would have been considered as racist by our current standards. It's not difficult to find racist quotes from Churchill and other Tory leaders, such as Enoch Powell.

You seem to think that UKIP and their ideas are something new, whilst they have always existed. UKIP is just in fact a split from the Conservative Party. This is why Farage claims to be the true inheritor of Thatcher.
Original post by Josb
Their opinions are only mainstream because people vote for them... Before UKIP, Farage-like politicians were among the Conservatives, whose doctrine would have been considered as racist by our current standards. It's not difficult to find racist quotes from Churchill and other Tory leaders, such as Enoch Powell.

You seem to think that UKIP and their ideas are something new, whilst they have always existed. UKIP is just in fact a split from the Conservative Party. This is why Farage claims to be the true inheritor of Thatcher.

I disagree.
UKIP are far more about social views, tories now are generally socially liberal and care more about economics.

I do believe that Farage has made the views of the National Front and BNP mainstream. Yes these views have always existed, but they'd always been fringe views.

Now suddenly it's mainstream to publish a Nazi-like Propaganda poster attacking refugees and to declare you don't want to live next to Romanians.

Even a few weeks ago you saw Boris Johnson ordering a member of the crows to go and intimated a news reporter.
The tone from Farage and the leave campaign has been incredibly aggressive and intimidating.
Reply 563

I think you are obviously choosing to interpret this as him calling for violence where it can just as easily be his view on what happens when people feel powerless. In other places he is much clearer that he doesn't want violence himself
Original post by Fenice
I think you are obviously choosing to interpret this as him calling for violence where it can just as easily be his view on what happens when people feel powerless. In other places he is much clearer that he doesn't want violence himself

Semantics.
He justifies violence by effectively saying the EU is directly responsible for any violence because if we don't 'control our borders' then 'violence is the next step'.

It's far more of a prediction, it's a justification and quasi call to action.

It's typical of the aggressive and intimidating campaign of the Brexiters.
Reply 565
Original post by alevelstresss
i have no doubt whatsoever that we will see people blaming the left / islam somehow within the next few hours by some tsr users
Considering that people have tried to blame criticism of Islam for radicalising Muslim extremists, I assume that they will also blame Islam for the radicalising of right-wing extremists.

He's right. It probably will be. Racism is on the rise both ways.
Original post by TorpidPhil
You're actually delusional. You sound like one of those crazy, woo-woo religious types.

"It's far more of a prediction, it's a justification and quasi call to action.It's typical of the aggressive and intimidating campaign of the Brexiters.
"

Wtf is this? It's none of those things at all. Getting yourself hyped up over nothing. Thinking the world's out to get you. Put you down. Make it your dog. You'll be crafting a pipe pistol yourself in no time and going off to kill farage no doubt...

It's not a prediction. It's a mixture of a justification, a threat and a all to action.
'If we don't close the borders there will be violence'.

But it's no surprise to see Nigel's fan boys out in force. I don't think the world's out to get me, that's Farage and UKIP who seem to think everything is an elitist conspiracy and stitch up against them.

Give your head a wobble you troll.
This is not spam, I'm simply reposting a comment I made on another thread related to the Jo Cox murder.

Is there even any evidence Thomas Mair was targetting Jo Cox?

From what I understand, he was having some kind of fight with another person, Jo Cox intervened and she was attacked.

Also his neighbours and half-brother revealed he had no political affiliation or motive at all.

According to eye witnesses, he never shouted "Britain first".

This video is well worth the watch:

[video="youtube;QtDKfd-pEGw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDKfd-pEGw[/video]

Of course RIP Jo Cox.
Original post by Josb
It's obvious that his motives were political, but trying to link it with UKIP is just wrong.

It is obvious from what we know that his motives were not at all politically motivated. He was being treated for mental illness, and his neighbours claim that he never shared any view on the EU and that he was not political. How can you say that this attack was politically motivated? Where is your evidence?
Original post by Anno007
It is obvious from what we know that his motives were not at all politically motivated. He was being treated for mental illness, and his neighbours claim that he never shared any view on the EU and that he was not political. How can you say that this attack was politically motivated? Where is your evidence?

If you have the time, please do watch the video I linked :smile:, or there's a mp3/soundcloud copy of it :wink:
Original post by The Roast
This is not spam, I'm simply reposting a comment I made on another thread related to the Jo Cox murder.

Is there even any evidence Thomas Mair was targetting Jo Cox?

From what I understand, he was having some kind of fight with another person, Jo Cox intervened and she was attacked.

Also his neighbours and half-brother revealed he had no political affiliation or motive at all.

This video is well worth the watch:

[video="youtube;QtDKfd-pEGw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDKfd-pEGw[/video]

Of course RIP Jo Cox.

Oh dear. Thus sums you lot up.
Your campaign has been violent, aggressive and intimidating and despite the tragic events of yesterday you show no sign of changing course.

To suggest that people are anything other than deeply upset and horrified by the murder, is outrageous and petty points scoring. You lot think everything is a conspiracy against you. Leave it out and let people pay their respects without trying to claim it's some 'remain stitch up'.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you have the time, please do watch the video I linked :smile:, or there's a mp3/soundcloud copy of it :wink:

Guaranteed that you will get non-argument emotional responses or InfoWars/Stefan ad hominem attacks. Even LiveLeakers are attacking Stefan.
To suggest that people are anything other than deeply upset and horrified by the murder, is outrageous and petty points scoring. You lot think everything is a conspiracy against you. Leave it out and let people pay their respects without trying to claim it's some 'remain stitch up'.

This is utterly false. People are so much more than upset. They are/have been churning out charged and unsubstantiated political rhetoric and false news reports.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anno007
This is utterly false. People are so much more than upset. They are/have been churning out politically charged and unsubstantiated political rhetoric and false news reports.

Deary me. You lot are willing to do anything to change the facts.
It has been proven he had links with far right organisations. He bought instructions on how to make a gun from a neo-nazi group. He shouted 'Britain First'.

Of course though that's all just a conspiracy against you, everything is, isn't it?

We've already had people on here claiming the murder was a remain conspiracy, we've had others blaming it on PC culture, we have idiots like you claiming some are happy with it.

Just clear off. Take your victim mentality and conspiracist mindset elsewhere.
Oh dear. Thus sums you lot up.
Your campaign has been violent, aggressive and intimidating and despite the tragic events of yesterday you show no sign of changing course.7

To suggest that people are anything other than deeply upset and horrified by the murder, is outrageous and petty points scoring.

"You lot" :lol:

'Violent'? 'Aggressive'? 'Intimidating'? Please, do expand on these.
"You lot" :lol:

'Violent'? 'Aggressive'? 'Intimidating'? Please, do expand on these.

The dust has barely settled and people are accusing it of either being a remain conspiracy or that remain are happy because it gives them political capital.

By 'you lot' I mean the typical UKIPY little englander who thinks everyone's out to get you and that the biggest problem we face is 'pc liberal culture'

When you have the likes of Farage calling for violence and producing Nazi like propaganda and his fan boys rimming him, it's unsurprising to see things like this.

Just clear off and let people pay their respects and mourn her, rather than pinning the blame on 'remain'.
Reply 577

Urgh, I hope you've found your way onto a watch list. It's being repeated on the BBC every 5 mins, think you need to accept it happened chap.
Reply 578
Original post by Anno007

Just because he never shared any political views, doesn't mean he didn't have any, all the reports are saying he was quiet, so it's not too much of surprise that he didn't share his views with others and there are reports now that he had been subscribed a South African pro-apartheid magazine and had links to neo-nazi group in the US.

Coupled with the fact that Jo Cox was well known for championing humanitarian and refugee causes and defending immigration, I really don't think it's a huge stretch to believe that this was politically motivated, it hasn't been confirmed yet of course, but it seems unlikely that an MP murdered in broad daylight was just a random attack and a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Deary me. You lot are willing to do anything to change the facts.
It has been proven he had links with far right organisations. He bought instructions on how to make a gun from a neo-nazi group. He shouted 'Britain First'.

Of course though that's all just a conspiracy against you, everything is, isn't it?

We've already had people on here claiming the murder was a remain conspiracy, we've had others blaming it on PC culture, we have idiots like you claiming some are happy with it.

Just clear off. Take your victim mentality and conspiracist mindset elsewhere.

You are misinformed - due to the false news reports I mentioned.

Firstly, I am not part of any 'lot'. I am a centrist classical liberal - an almost non-existent political orientation today.

Secondly, he did not shout 'Britain First' according to Hichem Ben-Abdallah, a nearby restaurant owner, and other witnesses.

Thirdly, there have been no substantiated far-right links with the killer. These are simply inferred from the false reports that he shouted 'Britain First' - which evidence shows he did not. ]

Fourthly, I'm not calling a conspiracy. I'm saying that her death is being exploited - which it is. There is no conspiracy, and I am one of those who is regularly battling baseless conspiracy claims. Calling me an idiot, and making things up about me, you are unable to argue with my fact-based argument, and therefore must resort to ad hominem and fiction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending