The Student Room Group

I didnt tag my extra paper to my exams booklet during an exam...

I required extra paper to complete my exam paper, but towards the end of the exam, the invigilator claimed he didn't have any treasury tags to tag the extra sheet of paper onto my exam paper, so I had just tucked in the sheet into my exam paper.

This is concerning me, since I fear that the extra paper in the exam booklet may get lost during its transit to the exam board, since it wasn't tagged securely onto the exam paper.

What shall I do?

EDIT: its 1 extra sheet buried in a 12-13 page booklet, I don't think exam officers will go through every paper hoping to find extra sheets like mine will they? i mean they would mostly be tagged onto it.... FML

Its just that I worry about the occurrence of blunders and incompetencies in a situation like this. I mean it's only natural people make mistakes, that mistake could be my extra sheet not being tagged lol.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aegonsconquest
I required extra paper to complete my exam paper, but towards the end of the exam, the invigilator claimed he didn't have any treasury tags to tag the extra sheet of paper onto my exam paper, so I had just tucked in the sheet into my exam paper.

This is concerning me, since I fear that the extra paper in the exam booklet may get lost during its transit to the exam board, since it wasn't tagged securely onto the exam paper.

What shall I do?

You will be fine. It has your name and ID number plus the exam officer will check.
Did this in my history exam gcse, it got marked.
Dont worry as long as you have your name and candiate number on it, its fine- examiners would discard it. Also you school have to check everythings in order before sending things off
Original post by Biologyquestions
Did this in my history exam gcse, it got marked.
Dont worry as long as you have your name and candiate number on it, its fine- examiners would discard it. Also you school have to check everythings in order before sending things off

when do they send it off? The next day? I meaan my extra sheet was buried in my biology paper, they do go over every page dont they?

:frown: ah im so stressed about it getting lost on transit or something
Original post by 999tigger
You will be fine. It has your name and ID number plus the exam officer will check.

it was buried in my biology exam paper, do you reckon they would go through every page and somehow find it before sending it off?
when do they send it off? The next day? I meaan my extra sheet was buried in my biology paper, they do go over every page dont they?

:frown: ah im so stressed about it getting lost on transit or something

You need to calm down. I did the same thing - I didn't even think of fastening the extra book to my original one so I just tucked it inside. I've done this in past years as well and everything has been fine. It won't get lost because your school will check everything's in order and the examiner will be able to tell that you've used an extra booklet, so if it does get lost (highly unlikely) they will take steps to rectify the situation.
it was buried in my biology exam paper, do you reckon they would go through every page and somehow find it before sending it off?

The exma officer checks. If it became separated it has your unique id on. No need to panic.
Original post by connieiscrazy
You need to calm down. I did the same thing - I didn't even think of fastening the extra book to my original one so I just tucked it inside. I've done this in past years as well and everything has been fine. It won't get lost because your school will check everything's in order and the examiner will be able to tell that you've used an extra booklet, so if it does get lost (highly unlikely) they will take steps to rectify the situation.

But the thing is the extra sheet was literally a sheet, I slid it into the 10-12 page or so exam booklet, how would the exam officer even know if anything is in it?

Unless they go through 200 or so exam papers bit by bit before sending them off daily?
(edited 7 years ago)
But the thing is the extra sheet was literally a sheet, I slid it into the 10-12 page or so exam booklet, how would the exam officer even know if anything is in it?

Unless they go through 200 or so papers bit by bit before sending them off daily?

Well it is their job to go through all papers, they can't be lazy about these things, as people's grades depend on them, and if papers weren't checked properly it would cause more aggro for examiners as well. Honestly it will be fine

Unless they go through 200 or so exam papers bit by bit before sending them off daily?

Whatever does or doesn't happen, there is next to nothing that you can do about it. You could try speaking to your exams officer but that's about it.
Original post by SeanFM
Whatever does or doesn't happen, there is next to nothing that you can do about it. You could try speaking to your exams officer but that's about it.

I emailed the lady at the exams office in my school but she didn't respond, In times like this I really dont think people care about the futures of alevel students anyway :frown:
Original post by connieiscrazy
Well it is their job to go through all papers, they can't be lazy about these things, as people's grades depend on them, and if papers weren't checked properly it would cause more aggro for examiners as well. Honestly it will be fine

Would it be worth a shot calling edexcel and notifying them about this extra sheet with my exam paper that wasnt tagged?
I emailed the lady at the exams office in my school but she didn't respond, In times like this I really dont think people care about the futures of alevel students anyway :frown:

Maybe you mistyped the address or they are going to look into it or need some time. Chances are it'll be alright.
Would it be worth a shot calling edexcel and notifying them about this extra sheet with my exam paper that wasnt tagged?

If you really want to I can't stop you, but ultimately there's no point. There will be so many others in your position of untagged sheets who will just assume it'll reach the exam board, which it definitely will.
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe you mistyped the address or they are going to look into it or need some time. Chances are it'll be alright.

quick Q. are all exam papers sent at the same time by the centre? Or are they send like a day or two after the exam date?

You are getting this out of proprtion. If it had you ID and name on it as its meant to do then you will be fine. You know she might not have replied because she has hundreds of other exams and things to do. You seem determined to worry no matter what anyone tells you.
Reply 16
In my school we don't have tags or clips, we always just tuck the extra sheets inside each other, don't worry i's fine!
Just contact edexcel just to put ur mund at rest then

Thst perfect if you put it in your paper- I didnt even put it in my paper when I did it just put it behind the exam paper- when its being comprised they will come across it

Seriously your worrying for nothing
What if you attached it into your exam booklet but didn't write your candidate number? I did this in one of my exams :frown:

Latest