The Student Room Group

How do I structure questions for SY3 and SY4 A2 Sociology WJEC

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me by giving me advice on how to structure my exam questions, I've not learnt much about exam technique during sixth form so could someone explain how to structure each question?

For SY3 I am doing Crime so I need help on how to structure a 15 mark question and a 45 mark question.

15 marker question will be Outline and explain a term
45 marker could be anything for example explain a perspectives view on crime

For SY4 I am doing Research Methods and Social Inequality so I need help structuring a 10 mark question and 30 mark question on Research Methods to start and then a 20 and 30 mark question on Inequality.

The research method 10 marker will ask to identify reasons for using a certain research technique possibly.
The research method 20 marker will ask to design a research project.

The Inequality 20 marker will ask to identify 2 areas in life where there is inequality through class, ethnicity or gender.
The 30 marker question on inequality will ask to evaluate the view on something.

Thanks for the help guys, good luck in your exams! :smile:
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
[15] - Definition and example ( if possible )
- 4/5 paragraphs, including: concepts, names, studies etc. Just format it nice I guess?? // Like maybe theories first, then concepts, or if they link in, just mash them all in there, while linking them of course !!
// After each paragraph, say something like "And this explains the term/gives an example of ..." - Reference to the question is needed for top band marks.
- Conclusion: short and sweet - make sure you reference the question.

[45] Definition and example or meat introduction explaining the summary of theorist sorta thing.
- 5+ paragraphs: concepts, theories, studies etc. These paras will be longer than the ones in the 15 marker.
- Evaluate each point as you state them, and after each paragraph, link back to the question like above.
- Conclusion: summarise the question again :-))
Any predictions of whats going to come up?
Original post by Uchiha25

i hate to make predictions because they're most probably wrong. I haven't finished revising and I'm worrying so much on what's gonna come up, I need an A for this :frown: i just hope that something about theories comes up so that there's a lot to talk about!
Reply 5

My teachers prediction is that youth or class will come up for the 45 marker tomorrow but like the person below said, predictions can be wrong! I've gone over most sociologist for functionalism, marxism, interactionism, postmodernism, realism but it could be on something like gender.
Original post by Zak Hig
My teachers prediction is that youth or class will come up for the 45 marker tomorrow but like the person below said, predictions can be wrong! I've gone over most sociologist for functionalism, marxism, interactionism, postmodernism, realism but it could be on something like gender.

Thanks!
Reply 7
Thanks!

I've looked over the past papers from 2012-2015 summer and winter for crime and I've not seen a postmodernist question come up for their view on crime so that might be one to look out for also. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending