The Student Room Group

AQA Physics unit 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by etata
I did!!

Original post by Bulbasaur10
I did! Also, as that was in P3, can I ask whether the lens question was asking you to describe how the image changed as the object got closer to the lens or as it got further away? I can't remember and it is freaking me out!

Siiickk, thought I completely messed that up :biggrin:
And ah, sorry P2 and P3 have basically merged for me :/ I think it was as it got further away but idek, either way I still probably got it all wrong because I didn't know how to describe it. I drew a ray diagram for it and described both of the images :lol:
Original post by CopyThat
For that spring one it was 300 N because you had to times it by three to get the three springs

yay! I got that! What did you put down for the units of spring constant, my mind went blank.
Original post by a_homida
Did anyone get 52 N for the boy doing pull-ups question?

You couldn't of gotten newtons, the question was about power so you had to work out the g.p.e per pull up and then times this by 12 to get in a minute. Because Power is J/s you had to then divide this by 60 to get the power.
Original post by Crabber25
If I put units but no actual answer will i get a mark? :biggrin:

yeah :biggrin:
Original post by Risk08
Does anyone know the answer to the one about suggesting what the disc theory meant about other stars or something like that? I had no idea

I didn't even know what the question meant :biggrin: I wrote "there are other planets orbiting stars" :lol:
Original post by Ayesha_Narod
yay! I got that! What did you put down for the units of spring constant, my mind went blank.

N/m ... Took me a lot of thinking to get to that :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tomo_nufc
I put earth wire as it works in conjunction with the fuse

Same :h: think that was probably the only question I got right. However, people are saying its wrong. So maybe it just one of the 60 I got wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 0.015 and 84 👌
Original post by Brewah
That exam was hard!

I think I messed up all the calculations.

Did anyone remember getting these?

600 Ohms for resistance
0.015 Amps
400 Joules
100 Newtons
84 Kg
22 m/s^2

I got the first three but messed up the last three!
I can guarantee the fixed Resistance of Resistor A was 200 Ohmes.
Original post by Certified
Yes, I took away 840 from the bigger number because you needed the resultant force in the equation. Paper was fairly hard.

Thats what I did!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got A* in my ISAaround 50 in P1 Around 30 in P2Around 35 in P3Do you think I can get an A???
Original post by brewah
that exam was hard!

I think i messed up all the calculations.

600 ohms for resistance
0.015 amps
400 joules
100 newtons
84 kg
22 m/s^2

omg me too! But i think i got a few of ur answers
For the question where there was a image of a spring and you had to fill in the 2 blanks what did you all put?
Original post by SmithAmelia
Yes therefore you have to divide this by 2 to get the real distance right, and not the double distance right?

It asked for the speed. It gave the time for it to go there and back, but only the one way distance so you had to double it.
Original post by SmithAmelia
How? Bitesize says it's the earth wire?
Could you explain it please, thanks

you are both right but did slightly different papers! yes the earth connects to the casing but on another paper the question was 'What wire connects to the FUSE' which is of course is the live wire so dont worry you both get marks!
Original post by SkyeAmber
For the question where there was a image of a spring and you had to fill in the 2 blanks what did you all put?

Huh? I don't remember this question in the slightest. Please don't say I missed a question...
Original post by Brewah
That exam was hard!

I think I messed up all the calculations.

600 Ohms for resistance
0.015 Amps
400 Joules
100 Newtons
84 Kg
22 m/s^2

I got 600 ohms for the resistance and 0.015 Amps for the current. What was the 400J question? I might have got it. I just don't remember putting it. What is the question for the 100N? I got 84kg but I got 12.02m/s^2 for the last one.
Original post by TheDragonGuy
Huh? I don't remember this question in the slightest. Please don't say I missed a question...

I think the answer was elastic potential. The question was something like: "When work is done to extend the spring, the energy is stored as .............. ................"
Reply 159
Original post by SkyeAmber

Elastic potential

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending