The Student Room Group

Medical School interview help

Does anyone know any resources out there which can help me prepare for my medical school interviews????
Original post by scrubs4life
Does anyone know any resources out there which can help me prepare for my medical school interviews????

I hug my recommend this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-Interviews-Questions-Analysed-Multiple-Mini-Interviews/dp/1905812051

I wouldn't learn answers from there or anything, but just use it as a guide. For now though, it'd be best to concentrate on things like the UKCAT/your PS.
I assume you're a sixth former, in which case your school may be able to prepare some mock interviews. I found it very useful when I was applying as it gets one used to a panel and their differing personalities. Failing that Youtube has some mock interviews, but in general just prepare or at least consider answers to the standard questions, e.g. "so why medicine?", "why not nursing?", - some ethical question - etc.
Original post by usycool1
I hug my recommend this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-Interviews-Questions-Analysed-Multiple-Mini-Interviews/dp/1905812051

I wouldn't learn answers from there or anything, but just use it as a guide. For now though, it'd be best to concentrate on things like the UKCAT/your PS.

what resources would you recommend as best for UKCAT and BMAT preparation?
Original post by alkaline.
what resources would you recommend as best for UKCAT and BMAT preparation?

For the UKCAT, I found the 600Q book useful (although it's very out of date now, although they've released a 1000Q book now which looks good) and medify.

It's quite difficult to find good BMAT resources IMO. I'd just use A-Level thinking skills papers for section 1 prep, the official online science textbook they release and the past papers.
For the BMAT, it might be useful to also do the TSA and IMAT papers on www.admissionstestingservice.org. It might be just my opinion but especially the TSA seemed slightly easier than S1 of BMAT, but you can try to do it in less time which can be really beneficial too.

For the interview, videotaping myself answering some questions has been really useful. That way you really get to see what nonverbal cues you unconsciously send off, and hear more clearly what patterns of speech and intonations work for you and what don't etc.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending