The Student Room Group

Working abroad

Hi i was wondering how old you had to be to work abroad preferably in the USA
18 minimum, you'd be lucky to get in without any qualifications or a job offer however.

I know plenty of young people do summer camps etc. but those are temporary.
Original post by Elivercury
18 minimum, you'd be lucky to get in without any qualifications or a job offer however.

I know plenty of young people do summer camps etc. but those are temporary.

ye i am 16 im only looking for a summer one, do u know any ones that will take 16 year olds i can only find ones for 18 plus
Original post by roamingwilder
ye i am 16 im only looking for a summer one, do u know any ones that will take 16 year olds i can only find ones for 18 plus

No, because all these summer placement jobs place you in charge of children. To be in charge of children you need to be an adult.
No, because all these summer placement jobs place you in charge of children. To be in charge of children you need to be an adult.

r there any that r not to do with children thanks for ur help
Original post by roamingwilder
r there any that r not to do with children thanks for ur help

There might be, I suggest you look. However I suspect your odds of finding any job that will employ you at 16 in another country are slim to none. I would have thought 18 would be the minimum. There likely will be odd jobs going for 16 year olds, but they will be taken by local kids.
There might be, I suggest you look. However I suspect your odds of finding any job that will employ you at 16 in another country are slim to none. I would have thought 18 would be the minimum. There likely will be odd jobs going for 16 year olds, but they will be taken by local kids.

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending