The Student Room Group

AQA Physics P2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Right so this has been confusing me for the past half an hour. I did not get a question regarding Voltmeter resolution and I don't think that there was a question under the ray diagram aswell. Why?
Original post by melhoare
Surely for 4 it was timed before the ball was dropped. The cross was after the line of best fit, meaning it had taken more time, so the stopwatch was started before the event and the time recorded was longer.

Surely if the terminal velocity is higher then it takes a greater amount of drag for the ball to reach terminal velocity? And so as it's travelling at a faster speed then it will have more drag?
QUOTE=Ferg.;65867296]It was further across on the x axis (time), which means the graph is saying the anomalous result took longer than it actually did, which would mean that the stopwatch was pressed before to make the time more, wouldn't it? I may be completely wrong.[ QUOTE]

That's what I thought :tongue:
Original post by kad126
Because the x was after the line of best fit. If it was before it was timed too early, if it was after, it was timed too late (after it dropped).

I don't think that's right. Time was on the x axis. Therefore, for a given distance, being further to the right meant that the time measured was too long. Therefore, the stopwatch was started too early (before the ball was dropped).
Original post by Cakes717
What was the answer to the battery tick box question about 4.5v or something...
That exam was hard especially the graph question with the resistance or something😢

The question with the tick box you had to make sure that going from the negative to the positive end of the cells was all either anti-clockwise or clockwise (I can't remember which one). Basically, they all went the same way around.
Original post by B1L4L10
What did you guys get for the last question... It asked us to find the combined mass so 10 times 840= 8400?

The total weight was 700N+140N. Therefore, the total mass was 84kg. On the next bit, the upwards force was 1850 so the resultant force was 1010. a=F/m so the acceleration was 12.02 m/s^2 (I think).
Original post by dianmian12
The live wire connected to the fuse.
I put that the socket pin was made out of metal so they could conduct electricity?
I didn't get the how did the wire effect the wire question either. I ticked the third box for the circuit diagram.

what question was how did the wire effect the wire??
I am slightly confused. I didn't see the question on resolution of a voltmeter. I do double science with aqa (higher). I think my paper was PH2HP. I guess it wasn't on there since I'm not the only one. Did we do different exams?
did anyone get 400 and 600 as an answer in any of the questions?
Original post by goldenusername

I think the question was how does current affect the wire?
Original post by Naco88
This mark scheme is made completely by people who have done the exam so is written purely from knowledge. We will try and get the questions in the right order however putting marks next to each is very hard so please do not request this. If you remember a question we forgot then feel free to comment it below or contact me on twitter (@NacoRBLX) and I will be sure to add it.
This mark scheme is not official and was made purely from what we saw in the exam.
It does not contain all answers.
AQA P2 Higher - Unofficial Mark Scheme (Updated Regularly) (Should have a few questions of foundation)
1. Ball bearing in oil

2. Radiation

6. Chin up question

7. Stars

8. Water Jetpack

This is All I remember...

do you mind putting the answers in, if youre going to start to do a p2 markscheme forum be PREPARED TO COMPLETE IT MATE!!
did anyone get 400 and 600 as an answer in any of the questions?

Yes. I got 400 N/m as the spring constant and I got 600 ohms as the resistance of the fixed resistor.
Original post by WillCrowe00
I think the question was how does current affect the wire?

what was the answer? I didnt touvh question 6 at all, do you remember how many marks it was roughly for the whole of question six?
Original post by WillCrowe00
Yes. I got 400 N/m as the spring constant and I got 600 ohms as the resistance of the fixed resistor.

okay good, thank god. :smile:
Original post by greenapple10
do you mind putting the answers in, if youre going to start to do a p2 markscheme forum be PREPARED TO COMPLETE IT MATE!!

Presumably they will complete it later. They might not be online right now.
Reply 75
for the plug question i put plastic case as its an insulator and copper for the pins because its a good conductor. Apparently the pins are actually brass. do you think i could still get all the marks for that because copper is a metal or would they specifically want brass? annoying as im sure ive lost loads of other marks....
what was the answer? I didnt touvh question 6 at all, do you remember how many marks it was roughly for the whole of question six?

I think the bit about the current was that it heats the wire. There was a question about how the earth and the fuse work together to protect from fire. I think that was probably 2/3 marks. I can't really remember the rest, sorry.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77
i think it was 'how does current affect the wire" i just said it makes it heat up.... ?
Original post by gmus
for the plug question i put plastic case as its an insulator and copper for the pins because its a good conductor. Apparently the pins are actually brass. do you think i could still get all the marks for that because copper is a metal or would they specifically want brass? annoying as im sure ive lost loads of other marks....

I guessed brass for the pins, is that right??
Original post by gmus

I put copper as well. I don't know but you will probably get a mark for the reason anyway since it's probably the same for both. You might even get a mark for copper since it would make some sense. and I don't know if we were expected to know that the pins are made of brass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending