The Student Room Group

What is the actual point of having ten weeks off?

Personally, I don't see the point in us having ten weeks off. Wouldn't it be better to start learning A-level content?

I'm starting over the summer anyway.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamie Vardy
Personally, I don't see the point in us having ten weeks off. Wouldn't it be better to start learning A-level content?

nope you cannot start A-level content because everything relies on your results, some people change their options :cute: you can start A-levels at home :yep: and get prepared for them when you come back :woo: you should spend 10 weeks relaxing as you have done a lot hard work :yy:
:goodluck: for future :h:

What ever happened to jamie vardys having a party?
Reply 3
Original post by fatima1998
nope you cannot start A-level content because everything relies on your results, some people change their options :cute: you can start A-levels at home :yep: and get prepared for them when you come back :woo: you should spend 10 weeks relaxing as you have done a lot hard work :yy:
:goodluck: for future :h:

I know I've got an A in Maths, if not definitely a very high B; would you recommend revising GCSE/starting A-level content at home especially for this? I also hear you pick Mechanics or Statistics - what time of the year do you start learning stuff for this? Thanks. :smile:
Reply 4
This is the longest break you're ever going to have for a long time, enjoy it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
What ever happened to jamie vardys having a party?

I've had it broo. Now my wife's chatting **** so she's gonna get banged g. Gonna tear gas her.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Having a life ?

This
and also work experience
Reply 7
Original post by luciie
This is the longest break you're ever going to have for a long time, enjoy it :smile:

I suppose. But then again some people are doing part time jobs (I seriously can't be bothered to do that, so might as well do some studying?)
Reply 8
I know I've got an A in Maths, if not definitely a very high B; would you recommend revising GCSE/starting A-level content at home especially for this? I also hear you pick Mechanics or Statistics - what time of the year do you start learning stuff for this? Thanks. :smile:

You usually learn C1 and C2 first, then start learning M1 or S1 after (typically around February). I suppose you could start learning the A-Level content, but there is really no point.

Wouldn't bother revising GCSE Maths for A-level - chances are you'll just learn some of the same stuff again, without less relevant bits from GCSEs.

What applied units you do depends on how your 6th form is run.

I would say enjoy your time off, do whatever it is that you want to do and maybe start looking at preparation 1-2 weeks before it starts.
I wouldn't recommend starting A level revision over the summer, because with the new system all previous content has been replaced and rewritten? (apparently anyways)
Original post by alkaline.
This
and also work experience

Ah yes ! As a French person I don't have to do that so I didn't think about it, but definitely right :yep:
Original post by sierra117
You usually learn C1 and C2 first, then start learning M1 or S1 after (typically around February). I suppose you could start learning the A-Level content, but there is really no point.

Why is there no point? I don't want to go in the lessons forgetting how to do even the most basic of maths because it'll be pretty embarrassing.
Original post by SeanFM
Wouldn't bother revising GCSE Maths for A-level - chances are you'll just learn some of the same stuff again, without less relevant bits from GCSEs.

What applied units you do depends on how your 6th form is run.

I would say enjoy your time off, do whatever it is that you want to do and maybe start looking at preparation 1-2 weeks before it starts.

Alright, thanks mate. Pretty tempted to have a look and do a bit of work, it won't do any harm.

meh after internal mocks our school already started teaching us a level stuff :smile:
Alright, thanks mate. Pretty tempted to have a look and do a bit of work, it won't do any harm.

You say that, but I remember from A2 as well as straight after uni exams, it might not be immediate but you just feel knackered for days once the adrenaline has gone..maybe that is just me :lol:
Original post by fartinugget
meh after internal mocks our school already started teaching us a level stuff :smile:

What?! Elaborate...
Why is there no point? I don't want to go in the lessons forgetting how to do even the most basic of maths because it'll be pretty embarrassing.

Well I agree with that. Before starting the A-Level course I revised GCSE stuff, but I don't believe starting the A-Level course during the 10 weeks off is necessary. Anyway, your Maths tutor in sixth form/college will likely go over GCSE content briefly before starting C1.
What?! Elaborate...

huh what do i need to say?

After we finish mocks, spend a lesson or 2 going through them--->start a level content

but then again we don't have study leave so while internal mocks are still going on we starting dat a level content xD
Original post by fartinugget
huh what do i need to say?

After we finish mocks, spend a lesson or 2 going through them--->start a level content

but then again we don't have study leave so while internal mocks are still going on we starting dat a level content xD

I don't get it. Internal mocks? Are you in Year 11? Haven't you just finished GCSEs? Don't have a go at me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick - I'm just confused. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest