The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Deanjones96
No it is 331 days because at exactly 330 days, the half life hasn't yet been achieved so you have to do it to the next day :-)

Yeah that's what I thought but I wasn't too sure because the way they asked for the answer was weird.
Reply 161
I found it to be a nice paper, until Question 6. Dropped 5 marks on vectors at least, a futher four on question 7 and then 7 marks on the final question of the paper. Honestly, until that point I thought I would get full UMS.

A paper which I got almost certainly below 59 on doesn't scream 'generous' to me personally. I think Questions 7 and 8 were horrible, and the final vector question was also pretty disgusting. By far the hardest C4 paper I've done anyway, I don't usually find myself unable to do more than one 5+ mark question, and this week both the C3 and C4 papers have been like that.

I'm thanking God for my UMS last year, else I would be screwed. Disappointed that I definitely didn't get an A*, because 90% of the past papers I've done I've got an A* in... Biology paper was also harder than previous years
Original post by 000536
Yeah that's what I thought but I wasn't too sure because the way they asked for the answer was weird.

They've been renowned for that this year though in other subjects as well as Maths! I think I aced C3 and this paper went really well apart from the last vectors question but I can sacrifice a few marks here and there and probably still get my A* so I'm happy! :-)
(edited 7 years ago)
I got C = pi

What was the final answer though?
Reply 164
They've been renowned for that this year though in other subjects as well as Maths! I think I aced C3 and this paper went really well apart from the last vectors question but I can sacrifice a few marks here and there and probably still get my A* so I'm happy! :-)

If you aced the C3 paper, you deserve an A* without even sitting this paper, wow
Original post by Suits101
I got C = pi

I got the same for c, but I couldn't get the final answer- no idea how to get it at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got C = pi

I THINK that I got sin3y-3ycos3y=0.5tan^-1(3x/2)+pi. I can't remember exactly though but I think that's what I got.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RedNebula
I got the same for c, but I couldn't get the final answer- no idea how to get it at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I got sin3y - 3ycos3y = 6tan^-1(2x/3) + pi or whatever order the sin and cos went in and the thing in the tan function
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 168
I think I got sin3y - 3ycos3y = 6tan^-1(2x/3) + pi or whatever order the sin and cos went in and the thing in the tan function

which question was this?
Did anyone else get the gradient for the implicit differentiation question to be e^4/2 ?

Should have been a 1/6th rather than 6 I think because the 6 was on the top of what you found and you wanted it to cancel.
Original post by JamieG1009
Did anyone else get the gradient for the implicit differentiation question to be e^4/2 ?
Yep, it is.
That wasn't...terrible?

That was a pretty average paper for me and would've been okay if my core three had gone well. Shame.
Original post by 000536
which question was this?

Last one.
Original post by irMike
If you aced the C3 paper, you deserve an A* without even sitting this paper, wow

Genuinely think that I had only dropped one mark on C3 (the functions one - I said that y had a maximum at the x coordinate which I think was something like 8-8ln8 but I can't remember for sure - and forgot to show that d^2y/dx^2<0) but I suppose that I will see on results day HAHA!
Original post by -jordan-
Should have been a 1/6th rather than 6 I think because the 6 was on the top of what you found and you wanted it to cancel.

Damn I was debating this!

How many out of 7 do you think I'll get for it, since everything else is fine?
Well, its not like I wanted to go to Bath, or even university, at all...
Original post by JamieG1009

Yeah thats the answer I got too :biggrin::u:
Genuinely think that I had only dropped one mark on C3 (the functions one - I said that y had a maximum at the x coordinate which I think was something like 8-8ln8 but I can't remember for sure - and forgot to show that d^2y/dx^2<0) but I suppose that I will see on results day HAHA!

Why did you need to show d^2y/dx^2 < 0? Surely it's known that that point was the maximum point and it was only 5 marks.
No it is 331 days because at exactly 330 days, the half life hasn't yet been achieved so you have to do it to the next day :-)

The nearest day to your answer is surely day 330, not 331.
Original post by GetSomeNutz
Yeah thats the answer I got too :biggrin::u:

I got exactly 30.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending