The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have any ideas about full UMS/grade boundaries?

Think I got 63/64 marks
Reply 201
Original post by Deanjones96
It's not because at exactly 330 days, the half life has not yet been reached because of the extra 0.XXX days. That question was worded very weirdly but I suppose that it's down to interpretation.
Was the question not "Find the half life" rather than "Find the amount of days needed for the half life to be reached"

The half life is just a figure/characteristic of the element, the question wasn't ask how long it actually takes to reach it. That is kind of the same thing, but it should alter how you round it.
It's not because at exactly 330 days, the half life has not yet been reached because of the extra 0.XXX days. That question was worded very weirdly but I suppose that it's down to interpretation.

I thought it said to the nearest day, and half life would've been reached in the 330th day?
They've always had these questions phrased weirdly. Worse case scenario it's only one mark I guess
I got a pretty huge number x e^4 for something, I'm not sure if it was a different part of the same question
Original post by -jordan-
It's no different to getting a trigonometric solution and it says to the nearest degree. I don't think whether the half life has been achieved or not has anything to do with it. Not the way I interpreted the question anyway.

I literally think it's down to interpretation then because questions that I have done on past papers that are similar, you have always had to round up
Original post by irMike
Was the question not "Find the half life" rather than "Find the amount of days needed for the half life to be reached"

The half life is just a figure/characteristic of the element, the question wasn't ask how long it actually takes to reach it. That is kind of the same thing, but it should alter how you round it.

Yeah, I agree.
Reply 206
Original post by Krithika256
Grade boundary predictions?

I'd guess:

A* - 60
A - 54
B - 48
k=2?
Original post by asdgsgh
I got a pretty huge number x e^4 for something, I'm not sure if it was a different part of the same question

i got 6e^4 it was realy big
but people have got e^4 /2 :/
Original post by Yo12345
k=2?

i got k=6
Original post by -jordan-
Yeah, I agree.

I detest how unclearly they word questions. I put 330 days first but then changed it and justified my answer with a written answer just in case HAHAHA
It's not because at exactly 330 days, the half life has not yet been reached because of the extra 0.XXX days.....

they said to the nearest day not how many full days
I used an identity from FP2 but I don't think it's worked in my favour by the looks of it as a lot of people have 1/6 rather than 1/2. For GOD sake haha!

I put in 1/6 at first and then did something VERY weird to my RHS.... which is literally so infuriating as I so wanted to get this question right, gaaaaaahhhhhh
Reply 213
Thought the paper was okay until question 6 then went horrendously. Dropped 10 marks on the final question cause couldn't do it at all. Couldn't do the 5 mark vector equation. Got a rare answer for the finding the gradient from X and y equations. Couldn't re arrange the equation to find the Cartesian equation either. You needed far more time to be able to do it properly. I have been getting A/A* in all past papers and could have done this one if I had another hour. So pissed off as I've worked all year for this and now going to do ****
Original post by JamieG1009
-1+7x-22/3 x^2 for the binomial expansion?

i got that!
Original post by irMike
I'd guess:

A* - 60
A - 54
B - 48

What do you think 63/64 marks would be UMS wise?
Really good paper, I dropped 10 marks on vectors because I purposely ignored the question and focused on getting other things right, and I also put 330 days as it said 'find the half life to the nearest day' if the answer is 331 that is poorly worded as I specifically checked to see if it wanted the number of days for the half life to be achieved. Everything else was perfect.
I was so scared whilst doing first 5 questions because they were too nice and I was so convinced that the paper must have some nightmarish question lol
Glad to have been proven wrong.

Everything was very standard until question 7 imo. The vector geometry question had a strange arrangement but the difficulty was the same as every other recent vector geometry questions.

Question 7 algebra was slightly more involved than usual but nothing out of ordinary.

Question 8 would've been very difficult for non fp2 students had they not told us to rearrange the tan^-1(3x/2), but they pointed us towards the right direction so it was doable. The following differential equation was not the simplest one ever but at least it did not involve double parts like that C3.

I expect very average gb
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 218
Original post by Suits101
What do you think 63/64 marks would be UMS wise?

Somewhere around 94/95 perhaps, I'm not too sure though.
Reply 219
Anyone get 13/35 for costheta in the vectors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending