The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Ahh why did i get 33 instead of 330???
Reply 221
Original post by C0balt
I was so scared whilst doing first 5 questions because they were too nice and I was so convinced that the paper must have some nightmarish question lol
Glad to have been proven wrong.

Everything was very at standard until question 7 imo. The vector geometry question had a strange arrangement but the difficulty was the same as every other recent vector geometry questions.

Question 7 algebra was slightly more involved than usual but nothing out of ordinary.

Question 8 would've been very difficult for non fp2 students had they not told us to rearrange the tan^-1(3x/2), but they pointed us towards the right direction so it was doable. The following differential equation was not the simplest one ever but at least it did not involve double parts like that C3.

I expect very average gb

What was so familiar about the final vector question? I didn't have much time so couldn't concentrate, but I didn't know where to start, and Vector is probably my strongest topic of all the typical 5+ mark questions.
Original post by C0balt
I was so scared whilst doing first 5 questions because they were too nice and I was so convinced that the paper must have some nightmarish question lol
Glad to have been proven wrong.

Everything was very standard until question 7 imo. The vector geometry question had a strange arrangement but the difficulty was the same as every other recent vector geometry questions.

Question 7 algebra was slightly more involved than usual but nothing out of ordinary.

Question 8 would've been very difficult for non fp2 students had they not told us to rearrange the tan^-1(3x/2), but they pointed us towards the right direction so it was doable. The following differential equation was not the simplest one ever but at least it did not involve double parts like that C3.

I expect very average gb

Any predictions on 63/64 raw marks on C4?

Also do you have any predictions on C3 boundaries?
Reply 223
Did anyone do the vestors?
I got (0, -5/3, -5/3) and (4, ?, ?)
Can't remember the 4 one
Original post by Krithika256
Grade boundary predictions?

I'm thinking 65 for an A*, 59 for an A, 53 for a B and probably 71 for 100 UMS. General consensus seems to be that everyone found it *okay*
Reply 225
For the last question does this look familiar to anyone?
3ycos3y - sin3y - pi = -18x(4-9x^2)^-2 (or something like that)
Reply 226
Original post by Jm098
Anyone get 13/35 for costheta in the vectors

The amount of times my calculator trolled me...but thankfully i got that too yes
Original post by irMike
Somewhere around 94/95 perhaps, I'm not too sure though.

Reply 228
Original post by Ryhana
The amount of times my calculator trolled me...but thankfully i got that too yes

Hahaha good
Dropped AT LEAST. 20 marks on that paper... Hopefully decision 1 resit is more pleasant than the c3 and c4 papers this year. Aqa have no chill.
Original post by Jm098

23/35
Reply 231
Original post by Jm098

I got 92/140, can't remember what it simplified down to
Original post by Jm098

That's what I got
Reply 233
Original post by Suits101
Any predictions on 63/64 raw marks on C4?

Also do you have any predictions on C3 boundaries?

For core 3:

A* = 60
A = 54
B = 48

Roughly
Original post by Deanjones96
I'm thinking 65 for an A*, 59 for an A, 53 for a B and probably 71 for 100 UMS. General consensus seems to be that everyone found it *okay*

You need to remember that the people on TSR are more or less A/more A* students.

I thought it was harder than June 15 in my opinion.
Original post by Jm098

Same as me!!
Reply 236
Original post by Yo12345
23/35

Yeah, I got this
Original post by irMike
For core 3:

A* = 60
A = 54
B = 48

Roughly

Might have just missed out on an A* then - damn!
Reply 238
You need to remember that the people on TSR are more or less A/more A* students.

Agreed, I'm usually an A* student but think I got around 56/57 on this unfortunately. I expect that to be a low A

Aye I suppose that's true. I sat last year's paper and this year's was harder in my opinion personally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending