5a) 8
5b) 4
6a) 6
6b)7
7a)7
7b) 3
7c) 2
Original post by linaxq
q2 d was 53.1 no? i did it both ways with work energy and normal suvat finding the acc by r3esolving and what not and got the same distance so i think 53.1 is right unless i read 53 as 58

I too checked it using suvat

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Original post by The_Big_E
1. Quadratic was and and distance covered in the third second was

2. Value for resistance was and the power of the vehicle was and the distance was

3. Value for c was but I'm pretty sure this was wrong because alot of others got

4. Distance of centre of mass from AD was and the angle was

5. Distance to the centre of mass of the rod from A was but fairly sure this was wrong too. For the vertical component at A I got something like and for the horizontal component was something like . Again, these are probably wrong lol.

6. Value for lambda was . The angle was below the horizontal. Feel like the angle was wrong though. Speed was .

7. The speeds of A and B after the collision were and , and the value of e was . A and B did not collide after B collided with the wall, because although they were going in the same direction, they had equal speeds and so would never meet.Those were my answers :smile:

All of those are right except for your value for c.
my answer, i am not quite confident about it though
1a) 4ms^-2
1b) 15m
2a)P=4900
R=784
2b)d=53.1
3) c=10/3
4a) 0.83
4b) 21 degrees
5a) R=5g-5/4gdcos(theta)
F=5/4gdsin(theta)
5b)d=26/11
6a) lambda=5.71
6b)speed=11.7ms-1
direction = bearing of 340 degrees
7a) VA= 3u/20
VB=21u/10
7b) e=1/14
7c) no further collision since the speeds are the same
How many marks were given for 1b? (distance)
Original post by The_Big_E
1. Quadratic was and and distance covered in the third second was

2. Value for resistance was and the power of the vehicle was and the distance was

3. Value for c was but I'm pretty sure this was wrong because alot of others got

4. Distance of centre of mass from AD was and the angle was

5. Distance to the centre of mass of the rod from A was but fairly sure this was wrong too. For the vertical component at A I got something like and for the horizontal component was something like . Again, these are probably wrong lol.

6. Value for lambda was . The angle was below the horizontal. Feel like the angle was wrong though. Speed was .

7. The speeds of A and B after the collision were and , and the value of e was . A and B did not collide after B collided with the wall, because although they were going in the same direction, they had equal speeds and so would never meet.Those were my answers :smile:

Your moments one look correct

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Reply 286
Original post by Major-fury
d had to be less than 4 lol

lol? d in the power question not the rigid body
Original post by Mattematics
All of those are right except for your value for c.

d was almost definitely 2.56 for the rod.
Reply 288
Im dead f u edexcel i got 0 right answers
Original post by moooolly
I think they have to mark all the attempts you make, so you won't get zero. It's written in some of the mark schemes that students can answer the question more than once and as long as nothing's crossed out, the examiner has to mark all of it. So if you can't decide between two ways of answering a question, just write out both ways and you should get full marks if one of them is right :smile:

Ahh thankyou, closure🙌
Reply 290
How many marks do you think it'll be for 100 UMS?
Reply 291
Guys, I know I have 240 UMS in AS Maths, if I got a E on this M2 exam, so I will have total UMS = 240 + 40 = 280 UMS. What do I have to get in C3 and C4 to get A overall or B?
Original post by USB111
Im dead f u edexcel i got 0 right answers

Ah man that sucks, hopefully you'll pick up some method marks. Best to focus on your other exams so this one matters less.
Original post by Maths2002
Got all the same :biggrin:, just one thing, the angle in 6b is 73.3 I think :biggrin:, a typo may be?

Yes it was a typo :smile:
Original post by USB111
I got completely different answers can someone podt their working

Perhaps you did the IAL paper?
Reply 295
Im stressed. I probbaly didnt get method marks if i got wrong answers. Pls anyone help me post their working or questions so i can see if i got mehod marks pls!!
Reply 296
Can someone explain how youll lose marks for sig figs

for example for lambda and c i did the fractions but wrote next to them the decimal to one decimal place and the degrees of the projectile below the hotizontal to eith 73.6 or 73.63
Original post by Reda2
Guys, I know I have 240 UMS in AS Maths, if I got a E on this M2 exam, so I will have total UMS = 240 + 40 = 280 UMS. What do I have to get in C3 and C4 to get A overall or B?
I would like to know the exact same thing XD I got 240 last year and need a B
Reply 298
Original post by Sophie Wilczek
Perhaps you did the IAL paper?

No i did the uk one i got few answers correct but the rest i got wrong
Original post by Reda2

100 UMS in both c3 and c4
Cause you need 480/600 to get an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending