The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamieG1009
I think I got (0, 10/3, -5/3) and (4, -10/3, 1/3)

That'll be a -1/3 for that last ordinate
Averages of i, j, k should be (2, 0, -1)
Original post by LucasFletcher
Am I the only one who got 28days? Did you all recalculate k? As it differed depending on the substance

I got 28 too, i recalculated as it was ofc different
Original post by rhiannon_
That's what I meant sorry, what did you get?

13/35 or sth yeah
Original post by JRKinder
The half life is 330, I'm pretty sure.

I think i gt same as u😊
Reply 324
I find this so funny after an exam hahahah so much nervousness and excitement
Original post by LucasFletcher
Am I the only one who got 28days? Did you all recalculate k? As it differed depending on the substance

Yes, you had to calculate a new value of k.
Original post by C0balt
13/35 or sth yeah

That's what I got! Thanks
Original post by ThusSpakeAlex
I got 28 too, i recalculated as it was ofc different

But it took longer than that just to get down to 8g ?
does anyone remember question 7 where you found the gradient that supposedly came out to e^4/2. Was there any follow on questions from this? Wondering because I remember getting something ridiculous like 72e^4 at one point and I'm curious about method marks
Original post by rhiannon_
That's what I got! Thanks

What question is this for
Reply 330
Original post by asdgsgh
does anyone remember question 7 where you found the gradient that supposedly came out to e^4/2. Was there any follow on questions from this? Wondering because I remember getting something ridiculous like 72e^4 at one point and I'm curious about method marks

it was that rearranging question so you're fine, didn't have to use that
So glad about that exam :biggrin: Much easier than Core 3 and some of the past papers
Original post by ThusSpakeAlex
were your lamba values like 5/3 and 1/3

Thats exactly what they were. I got them by solving 35(lambda)^2 - 70(lambda) +35 =140/9 if that sounds familiar to anyone?
[QUOTE="Mowerharvey;65659139"]I actually find Core 4 slightly harder than core 3 myself :smile:[/QUOTE
Are you kidding me?
what did people get for the value of theta when you had to solve the quadratic with a cos identity?
Original post by ValerieKR
Almost right but the x^2 should have another factor of 2 in its coefficient
So you get 6/4+9x^2

I did it completley different, I Differentiated implicatley got Sec^ and the theta, changed it into Tan then rearranged the original to put it in but got 6 as well is this valid?
Original post by Sam1231
But it took longer than that just to get down to 8g ?

Around 300 definitely correct. It started at 10 grams and after 100 days it was down to 8. So in 100 days it's at roughly 80% of the original value. So 10*(0.8)^3=5.12 (to the power of 3 as it's the half life is approximately 100 days x 3) which is approximately half of the original 10.
Original post by asdgsgh

I got that too because I stupidly took the 12e^-2 to the top instead of leaving the 12 on the bottom -.-
I dropped a mark on the vectors question for calculating that 4root35xroot35 = 5root35. Genius.
Reply 339
im gonna cry i lost 10 easy marks that i normally would've down if i was at home doing that one question
it was easier than core 3 but I'm just dumb and not even my insurance choice is an option anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending