The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

y = e / (2(1-x)^1/2(1-ln(2(1-x)^1/2))) ?
Original post by SunDun111
I did it completley different, I Differentiated implicatley got Sec^ and the theta, changed it into Tan then rearranged the original to put it in but got 6 as well is this valid?

I did this too!
Original post by SunDun111
I did it completley different, I Differentiated implicatley got Sec^ and the theta, changed it into Tan then rearranged the original to put it in but got 6 as well is this valid?

I did the same, it's fine
Uuurgh so annoyed core 3 went really well for me but this didn't. Hope my core 3 ums brings me up to A* :/ For the integration question I got 9/2ln3 -69/2, but this comes up as a negative number.. Have I done it wrong?
Original post by Yo12345

ye
Original post by Yo12345

that is what i got i am pretty sure its right
Original post by maisym00
Uuurgh so annoyed core 3 went really well for me but this didn't. Hope my core 3 ums brings me up to A* :/ For the integration question I got 9/2ln3 -69/2, but this comes up as a negative number.. Have I done it wrong?

I'm pretty sure that was right, if not very similar (69/2 I definitely recognise)

That is correct
Original post by Yo12345

I got this too :smile:

No, it was negative, my calculator gave me a negative number like -25 to -35, and my answer was/similar to yours, yay!
what was the binomial expanasion answer i got a really messy one ayone else?
UMS for 65/75 predictions?
k was 2 right? For the d theta/dx question?

im pretty sure 9/2ln3<69/2 => it should be a negative number anyway you had to leave it in its exact form
Did anyone else get 9/2 e^4 for their gradient at (ln2, 1/2)?
Anyone know if the UMS needed for an A* needs to be 90% in C3 and separately 90% in C4 or can it be a combined total of the two?
I sometimes forgot to cross out my incorrect working and leave it in there as well as the correct answer, will they deduct marks for wrong working even if I did the correct working later on? And on the last question I intergrated both correctly but didn't have time to put it in an equation and calculate c. How many marks do you think I'll get?
Yeah some **** like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
k was 2 right? For the d theta/dx question?

k was 6.
Reply 359
Original post by WillTwigger
UMS for 65/75 predictions?

id say thats 90

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending