The Student Room Group

*Rough*DECISION 1 EDEXCEL JUNE 17TH MARKSCHEME w/Explained Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMathsMan
w = 11 because they tell you the float is 1 so 17 - w - 5 = 1 therefore w = 17-5-1 which is 11
z = 4 because that was the shortest going back when the early was 3 ..
y = 17
x = 22
so you got 2 out of the 4 right ...
Reply 41
[QUOTE="TheMathsMan;65872230"]
w = 11 because they tell you the float is 1 so 17 - w - 5 = 1 therefore w = 17-5-1 which is 11
y = 17
x = 22

I had X as well bro - 22 was always in there. I'm usually good with float so I think I got 11. At least 3/4
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't do too bad ... but I mucked up on a few ... like the linear programming .. I put y + 3/2x whereas you'all are saying 3/2y + x which makes more sense ... I was rushing and I don't read properly when I'm rushing .. that resulted in me losing a further 5 marks from the next few questions ... then I lost 3 marks for leaving the 2nd gannt chart ... then I lost about 1 mark for not answering the second part to the flowchart question ... I answered the which one should be x but not the one after that. I lost 2 more marks because of a stupid mistake I made that I don't want to share ;-P so that leaves ... 64/75 which is me being generous so I'd say I got 60 which I'm satisfied with unless the examiners are complete ass holes and they mark incredibly harshly like they did for my AS's
Original post by frances98
Im pretty sure it was 12

It think it was11. Because D had a float of 1. Therefore, it was 17-?-5=1

.............which gives 11.
[QUOTE="TheMathsMan;65872230"]
y = 17
x = 22

Exactly what I got
Reply 45
How many critical activities? 4? And which?
What was the route length for the first part of chinese postman?
Original post by FugFig
How many critical activities? 4? And which?

Yeah I had 4 critical values .. sure about that being correct :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Nikhilm
Anyone remember a 459?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah from Chinese postman - people saying it's 460 though :/
Original post by adso222
Yeah from Chinese postman - people saying it's 460 though :/

Yeah idk what the answer is...anyone else get 459?
Reply 50
I didn't do too bad ... but I mucked up on a few ... like the linear programming .. I put y + 3/2x whereas you'all are saying 3/2y + x which makes more sense ... I was rushing and I don't read properly when I'm rushing .. that resulted in me losing a further 5 marks from the next few questions ... then I lost 3 marks for leaving the 2nd gannt chart ... then I lost about 1 mark for not answering the second part to the flowchart question ... I answered the which one should be x but not the one after that. I lost 2 more marks because of a stupid mistake I made that I don't want to share ;-P so that leaves ... 64/75 which is me being generous so I'd say I got 60 which I'm satisfied with unless the examiners are complete ass holes and they mark incredibly harshly like they did for my AS's

I messed up on bin packing FFS! Harshly 1/5
Algorithm I don't think the answer is about it going negative - it's about it always being odd - of so that's another 2.
Prim's I rushed like mad so harshly 1/4
Probably dropped marks on the network 2/5 harsh as possible.
Question 7: blergh probably 8 marks harshly.
Question 8 : 7 harshly
Absolute minimum is around 50. Hopefully error carried forward and methods mean I could scrape 60. Averaging that out so realistically 55-57. Damn
I swear it's physically impossible to finish that d1 paper in time
Reply 52
Original post by ellie.12
I think you got the points wrong for -x+24y=24 i got points (0,1) (24,2) not sure if this is right but gave me a final answer of 11 and 4

This is what I got!
Original post by Nikhilm

People on the SR can be wrong .. I would tell you the correct answer but I don't remember my own after suffering a major headache after looking at the brain **** that was this paper .. If you remember the weight of the network for route inspection then I can tell you.
Yeah I had 4 critical values .. sure about that being correct :smile:

Was there a question asking to state how many?
People on the SR can be wrong .. I would tell you the correct answer but I don't remember my own after suffering a major headache after looking at the brain **** that was this paper .. If you remember the weight of the network for route inspection then I can tell you.

The weight was 384 and I remember getting a 75 which totalled 459. Then for the second i used 35 to get 419
Original post by Nikhilm

I got 459.
Original post by lucabrasi98
Was there a question asking to state how many?

No but you needed to know them for the gannt chart :smile:
Original post by Nikhilm
The weight was 384 and I remember getting a 75 which totalled 459. Then for the second i used 35 to get 419

Oh yeah .. I remember .. that is absolutely correct :smile: I'm sure of it
Reply 59
Original post by Nikhilm

That is correct! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending