The Student Room Group

2017 resits

Will it be possible to resit summer exams from 2016? I'm confused how it would work because the spec is changing. It seems a bit unfair if you can't resit and have to do the a level all over again with a different spec.

Scroll to see replies

:bump:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
:bump:

The new spec means you will be tested on AS and A2 in the second year so there will be no need for AS resits as they don't necessarily count.
Reply 3
Will it be possible to resit summer exams from 2016? I'm confused how it would work because the spec is changing. It seems a bit unfair if you can't resit and have to do the a level all over again with a different spec.

Are you in the 2014-2015 AS cohort?
If so then you can resit papers next summer ... they will be making them. As otherwise it would have not been fair. Just to clarify I checked with AQA :biggrin::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Clovers
Are you in the 2014-2015 AS cohort?
If so then you can resit papers next summer ... they will be making them. As otherwise it would have not been fair. Just to clarify I checked with AQA :biggrin::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way, that's great news I was so worried that I this was it- is it for all subjects or just specific ones ?
Reply 5
Original post by Eryka
No way, that's great news I was so worried that I this was it- is it for all subjects or just specific ones ?

As far as I am aware this goes for all subjects :smile:
I'm still quite confused about this, mostly because I visited my exams office last month and they didn't really put a strong case forward for being able to retake AS (started in Sept 2014/ ended summer 2015) and A2 (started 2015/ ended in summer 2016) in the summer of 2017, I'm still rather unclear.

I am going to call my exam boards tomorrow after my last exam and ask if they can give me any information on it.I don't really want to rely on information that isn't clear :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'm still quite confused about this, mostly because I visited my exams office last month and they didn't really put a strong case forward for being able to retake AS (started in Sept 2014/ ended summer 2015) and A2 (started 2015/ ended in summer 2016) in the summer of 2017, I'm still rather unclear.

I am going to call my exam boards tomorrow after my last exam and ask if they can give me any information on it.I don't really want to rely on information that isn't clear :redface:

The decision on these resits was only reached very recently, not all teachers or exams officers would have known .

The official government policy is here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/timings-for-the-withdrawal-of-legacy-gcses-as-and-a-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
The decision on these resits was only reached very recently, not all teachers or exams officers would have known .

The official government policy is here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/timings-for-the-withdrawal-of-legacy-gcses-as-and-a-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen this but I'm still rather confused. It's not very clear.
Reply 9

What subjects do you wish to resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has a table listing every subject under the sun with a date of last resit for that subject.
Not sure how it could be any clearer

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says A Level resits are available and has a table that states when the last resit opportunity is for each subject.

Perhaps you was looking at the GCSE section? The A Level section is pretty clear.
Original post by gdunne42
It has a table listing every subject under the sun with a date of last resit for that subject.
Not sure how it could be any clearer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well take AS chemistry for example, it starts in 2014 but it's 1st sitting according to table is 2016. That confuses me, the first sitting would have been 2015 and 2016 would be a re-sit opportunity for AS and first sitting for A2. So therefore, I'm confused as to whether AS resits are available after our A2's (2017) as they have been for previous years.

Thanks for the attitude, thats always nice!

Original post by Legendary Quest
It says A Level resits are available and has a table that states when the last resit opportunity is for each subject.

Perhaps you was looking at the GCSE section? The A Level section is pretty clear.

I wasn't, the A-level section confuses me. It doesn't separate AS and A2.
Well take AS chemistry for example, it starts in 2014 but it's 1st sitting according to table is 2016. That confuses me, the first sitting would have been 2015 and 2016 would be a re-sit opportunity for AS and first sitting for A2. So therefore, I'm confused as to whether AS resits are available after our A2's (2017) as they have been for previous years.

I'm a little confused here. Forgive me. :colondollar: But what do you mean with the Chemistry AS? It says the course began in 2014 and the last exam was 2016 (that's when the course ended) and there will be a resit opportunity in 2017. It says 'AS and A Level' so you would be able to resit AS and/or A2 units.
If by results day I do wish to take a resit who would I speak to about it? The exam board that I did the original exam with?
If by results day I do wish to take a resit who would I speak to about it? The exam board that I did the original exam with?

Your school's exam officer is probably the best place to start.
(edited 7 years ago)
Your school's exam officer is probably the best place to start.

Ok thanks :smile:
Reply 17

That's the point, the final resit opportunities for both AS and A2 are the same exam season

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a little confused here. Forgive me. :colondollar: But what do you mean with the Chemistry AS? It says the course began in 2014 and the last exam was 2016 (that's when the course ended) and there will be a resit opportunity in 2017. It says 'AS and A Level' so you would be able to resit AS and/or A2 units.

I meant just the first AS part of the exam, not A2. I just worry that they only allow A2 resits in 2017 because thats what my exam officer was hinting, and it scared me because I actually have a couple AS units I wold like to re-sit to push up my UMS.

Original post by Andy98
That's the point, the final resit opportunities for both AS and A2 are the same exam season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! But idk why I feel uncertain, maybe because my exams officer put doubts in my mind and because the chart showed 2016 which is the A2 exam. I'm just being silly.
Reply 19
I meant just the first AS part of the exam, not A2. I just worry that they only allow A2 resits in 2017 because thats what my exam officer was hinting, and it scared me because I actually have a couple AS units I wold like to re-sit to push up my UMS.

Good! But idk why I feel uncertain, maybe because my exams officer put doubts in my mind and because the chart showed 2016 which is the A2 exam. I'm just being silly.

Argh, now you're confusing me:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest