The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palette
Oops, I expressed the angle as a bearing :frown: so I did '73+90=163 as a bearing'.

If you said it was a bearing or from the vertical that shouldn't be a problem. It asked for the direction.
Hey guys, i think i got full mark ,which is good after that disaster fp2 paper .But for the angle between center of mass and dc, there is 2 angle right, 66.4 and 113.6 ? Since i got 66.4.
I draw the thing and showed which angle i calculated.
What will be the UMS needed for an A and a B for this paper?
Reply 323
Was anyone else thrown of by the wording in 1B i knew it was weird but couldnt figure out why
Reply 324
Original post by NinjaOtter
Welp, I said gravity acted sideways, messed up all of Q6 for me.
Q4 I messed up my COM ending with me getting 70 degrees as overall angle.
Q1 last part I said between 3 and 4 not 2 and 3.
Apart from that it went OK.

Original post by HarshaPeed
Am I the only one who got 0.28m for the centre of mass. Also if this is wrong but I did the right method for the angle can I get all four follow through marks? My angle was 128 btw.

Original post by Sophie Wilczek
I feel you! I ****ed that up on fp2 but when I saw them today I was like "not today mofos! I got this" 😂

Original post by Mattematics
It was 73.3 degrees.

Original post by KyleBroflovski
This paper was really bad. had to skip questions 4 and 7 completely!

Can anyone remember the questions
Original post by Reda2
Guys, I know I have 240 UMS in AS Maths, if I got a E on this M2 exam, so I will have total UMS = 240 + 40 = 280 UMS. What do I have to get in C3 and C4 to get A overall or B?

You would need 70
Answers for the ial m2 not uk that is plzzz?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone explain how they got such big angles for the angle between AD and the vertical in the COM question? I don't understand how you can get an angle bigger than 90 degrees?
What did people get for the distance travelled in question 1?
Reply 329
http://www.strawpoll.me/10508393
Please be honest so we can get a clear indicator of what the grade boundaries could be. Send to as many people as you can who have done this exam
thanks
FML seen so many different answers on this thread for the same q's - now I have no idea how I've done.

So many random decimals and no show thats so it was hard to know where you were going!
To be honest, for me the paper was alright. I got full mark i think, which is lucky since i did so badly in fp2 :smile:.
Original post by linaxq
http://www.strawpoll.me/10508393
Please be honest so we can get a clear indicator of what the grade boundaries could be. Send to as many people as you can who have done this exam
thanks

:colondollar:There's already a poll:colondollar:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4171568

I did the same stupid mistake in Q1... How many marks out of 5 do you think we'll get?

I'm pretty sure that's right, it was distance travelled in the 3rd second, therefore 3-4 seconds :smile: got 23/3
how many marks do you think i'll lose for b and c if i got lambda wrong in 6a but then did the right method onwards?
Original post by steenis
I'm pretty sure that's right, it was distance travelled in the 3rd second, therefore 3-4 seconds :smile: got 23/3

Yeah I got this too - you're right :smile:
Reply 337

2 polls with similar results will increase the reliability of the final conclusion on grade boundaries no?
Reply 338
Original post by steenis

The third second would be from 2 to 3
Reply 339
Is there defo no arsey type thing out there with the answers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending