The Student Room Group

Warwick University Eng Lit 2016 Offer holders!

Hi everyone! So I'm an international student from malaysia who will (hopefully) be attending warwick this october for eng lit as I got an offer but I dont actually know who things work in the UK. Is there a reading list that warwick sends us about books we need to read before going up? Because York is my insurance and they sent me a 5 page reading list I should complete during the summer and that got me thinking about Warwick. Also, I understand that we have to pick modules for eng lit in Warwick so perhaps is that when we get our reading list?? and last question, did anybody get their IT services username yet? Because the warwick website requires me to sign in for certain things which uses the IT services username and I dont remember ever getting an email about it. Do they give that to us after we are confirmed our place in the uni? Thank you!
Original post by marissaofmnm
Hi everyone! So I'm an international student from malaysia who will (hopefully) be attending warwick this october for eng lit as I got an offer but I dont actually know who things work in the UK. Is there a reading list that warwick sends us about books we need to read before going up? Because York is my insurance and they sent me a 5 page reading list I should complete during the summer and that got me thinking about Warwick. Also, I understand that we have to pick modules for eng lit in Warwick so perhaps is that when we get our reading list?? and last question, did anybody get their IT services username yet? Because the warwick website requires me to sign in for certain things which uses the IT services username and I dont remember ever getting an email about it. Do they give that to us after we are confirmed our place in the uni? Thank you!

Hello,

Just a point of clarification about the reading list for English Literature at York.

The reading list outlines the reading for the modules you'll be taking at the start of the degree so that students have a chance to get their books before the start of term and to begin reading around.

We don't expect students to complete the reading over the summer; instead, the list is intended as a helpful starting point for preparing for the term ahead.

Best wishes,
Alison O'Byrne
Admissions Tutor
Department of English and Related Literature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending