The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anno007
You are misinformed - due to the false news reports I mentioned.

Firstly, I am not part of any 'lot'. I am a centrist classical liberal - an almost non-existent political orientation today.

Secondly, he did not shout 'Britain First' according to Hichem Ben-Abdallah, a nearby restaurant owner, and other witnesses.

Thirdly, there have been no substantiated far-right links with the killer. These are simply inferred from the false reports that he shouted 'Britain First' - which evidence shows he did not. ]

Fourthly, I'm not calling a conspiracy. I'm saying that her death is being exploited - which it is. There is no conspiracy, and I am one of those who is regularly battling baseless conspiracy claims. Calling me an idiot, and making things up about me, you are unable to argue with my fact-based argument, and therefore must resort to ad hominem and fiction.

He had links with two far-right organisations. He bought a gun manual from ne-nazis. He shouted Britain first.

To claim this is anything other than a politically motivated attack is laughable and so typical of the far right who will do anything to avoid taking responsibility when one of their own carries out such a brutal attack.
Original post by Olie
Just because he never shared any political views, doesn't mean he didn't have any, all the reports are saying he was quiet, so it's not too much of surprise that he didn't share his views with others and there are reports now that he had been subscribed a South African pro-apartheid magazine and had links to neo-nazi group in the US.

It is not intellectually valid to say that just because he never shared any views, he therefore must have conducted a political attack. These reports are unsubstantiated. Where is the evidence? It is valid to say that it was not politically motivated because we have no evidence to suggest that it was.

Original post by Olie
Coupled with the fact that Jo Cox was well known for championing humanitarian and refugee causes, I really don't think it's a huge stretch to believe that this was politically motivated, it hasn't been confirmed yet of course, but it seems unlikely that an MP murdered in broad daylight was just a random attack and a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We know that she intervened in an argument/fight which involved a mentally ill person. Of course it is a huge stretch. This was not a premeditated attack.
Original post by hovado
Urgh, I hope you've found your way onto a watch list. It's being repeated on the BBC every 5 mins, think you need to accept it happened chap.

Link me to a confirmation that he yelled 'Britain first' then.

I've read that one of the witnesses, who allegedly heard Mair shout it, said he didn't.
Original post by Bornblue
He had links with two far-right organisations. He bought a gun manual from ne-nazis. He shouted Britain first.

To claim this is anything other than a politically motivated attack is laughable and so typical of the far right who will do anything to avoid taking responsibility when one of their own carries out such a brutal attack.

I am not part of the far-right. Saying that I am part of it is not valid argument.

Secondly, where is the evidence for these claims? Present it if you want to argue rationally. There is no evidence besides and unnamed witness's claim that he shouted Britain First. A named witness has claimed otherwise.
Reply 584
Original post by hovado
Urgh, I hope you've found your way onto a watch list. It's being repeated on the BBC every 5 mins, think you need to accept it happened chap.

Indeed, even the Daily Mail is still reporting he shouted 'Britain First' :rolleyes:
Original post by hovado

These have been unconfirmed by Hichem Ben-Abdallah, an actually named witness.
Original post by Anno007
I am not part of the far-right. Saying that I am part of it is not valid argument.

Secondly, where is the evidence for these claims? Present it if you want to argue rationally. There is no evidence besides and unnamed witness's claim that he shouted Britain First. A named witness has claimed otherwise.

The evidence has been coming through all morning that he was signed up to two far-right organisations and bought a gun manual from a neo-nazi group as well as several witnesses stating he shouted 'Britain First'.

Yet the far-right are unwilling to accept that and as always claim he wasn't 'far right' but just mentally ill. It reminds me of those who say Hitler wasn't far right, perhaps he was just mentally ill too?

Of course though, when the far right murder people it's nothing to do with the far right. It's as bad as those who claim that ISIS are not Muslims.
The evidence has been coming through all morning that he was signed up to two far-right organisations and bought a gun manual from a neo-nazi group as well as several witnesses stating he shouted 'Britain First'.

In order for a killing to be politically motivated, the perpetrator must have conducted a premeditated killing for political gain. This man killed Cox because she intervened in a fight which involved a mentally ill man - not because he planned to kill her for her political views. Mairs also purchased a book about free speech - what does that 'prove'? Nothing, is the answer. Just like how his purchase of Flash comics proves nothing. There is no evidence to suggest that he planned to kill her.

Furthermore, I have already said multiple times how the Britain First claims have been showed false by Hichem Ben-Abdallah.
Reply 588
Original post by Anno007
These have been unconfirmed by Hichem Ben-Abdallah, an actually named witness.

Welcome to the watch list. :h:
Original post by Anno007
In order for a killing to be politically motivated, the perpetrator must have conducted a premeditated killing for political gain. This man killed Cox because she intervened in a fight which involved a mentally ill man - not because he planned to kill her for her political views. Mairs also purchased a book about free speech - what does that 'prove'? Nothing, is the answer. Just like how his purchase of Flash comics proves nothing. There is no evidence to suggest that he planned to kill her.

Furthermore, I have already said multiple times how the Britain First claims have been showed false by Hichem Ben-Abdallah.

Where did you get this from?
Reply 590
Original post by xxvine
Where did you get this from?

My moneys on breivik news or whatever its called,
Reply 591
Original post by Anno007
I am not part of the far-right.

Hello not part of the far-right, I am batman, nice to meet you.
Original post by hovado
My moneys on breivik news or whatever its called,

Indeed. Guessing they'll claim he wasn't far right either, just 'mentally ill'. Because whenever someone on the far right commits a politically motivated atrocity it has nothing to do with the fact they are far right.
Now Nazi regalia has been found at the suspect's house. Of course he wasn't far right though, just 'mentally ill'.
Now Nazi regalia has been found at the suspect's house. Of course he wasn't far right though, just 'mentally ill'.

Mentally ill, far-right Nazi, whatever he was has has nothing to do with the leave campaign which seems to be what remainers are trying to pin him to.
Original post by Sun_Bear
Mentally ill, far-right Nazi, whatever he was has has nothing to do with the leave campaign which seems to be what remainers are trying to pin him to.

It has everything to do with the far right and the hatred whipped up and mainstreamed by the likes of Farage who are so dominant in the leave campaign.

It encourages people to hate politicians, to see them as evil and greedy and doing the work of the dictatorial Brussels, seeking to replace them with immigrants etc.

The tone from the leave camp has been incredibly aggressive and intimidatory and it's no surprise to see someone take it too far.
It has everything to do with the far right and the hatred whipped up and mainstreamed by the likes of Farage who are so dominant in the leave campaign.

It encourages people to hate politicians, to see them as evil and greedy and doing the work of the dictatorial Brussels, seeking to replace them with immigrants etc.

The tone from the leave camp has been incredibly aggressive and intimidatory and it's no surprise to see someone take it too far.

If he ordered his Nazi stuff over 2/3 weeks ago then it has nothing to do with Nigel Farage since he had this hatred way before Farage started campaigning

I doubt that he suddenly decided overnight to kill this woman because of a speak Farage said...
Original post by Sun_Bear
If he ordered his Nazi stuff over 2/3 weeks ago then it has nothing to do with Nigel Farage since he had this hatred way before Farage started campaigning

I doubt that he suddenly decided overnight to kill this woman because of a speak Farage said...

I'm not saying he did.
But his views were allowed to prosper and become more mainstream because of the hatred and xenophobia that the likes of Farage whip up.
I'm not saying he did.
But his views were allowed to prosper and become more mainstream because of the hatred and xenophobia that the likes of Farage whip up.

No they were not.. If he killed a migrant MP or migrant then i would completely agree with you. But this woman was not a migrant she was a white middle age woman...

EDIT: Farage's views is one of controlled immigration of a point system such as Australia. During his campaign he has infact welcomed skilled migrants from india and other commonwealth countries rather than kill them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Conservationofmass

No I don't care at all, I only feel sorry for the children,she's a politician, there's no reason why I should care.

She was a ****ing human being. If you don't care when a human being is shot dead, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending