The Student Room Group

AQA Physics P2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

What did people put for the very first question and the annomolous result question?
Original post by gibsond9
What did people put for the very first question and the annomolous result question?

i said she didnt measure the temperature? idk if its right

for the what could go wrong part i put she could start/stop the stopwatch at different times
Original post by goldenusername
how many marks was it? and thats good :smile:

1 mark
Reply 104
Original post by dianmian12
There was a question on the chest spring that said three circuits was the same as three of 0.25 stretches or something?
I did 3*0.25 which gave me 0.75 and forgot what rest was

You had to look at the graph and find 0.25, then go across to the line and down to a force, which was 100. 100x3=300
Reply 105
Original post by lily628
for the what could go wrong part i put she could start/stop the stopwatch at different times

I also put something along those lines

I said the most common error could be not stopping the stopwatch at the right time and for the anomalous result, they started the stopwatch before dropping the ball.
Reply 107
what question was how did the wire effect the wire??

It said something about a fuse being like a resistor in some way, and it links to this sentence in the specification I think:
a) When an electrical charge flows through a resistor, the resistor gets hot.
May be wrong..
what question was that again

when they asked you to calculate the spring constant for the line which the force was directional proportionate to the extension of the spring, can you remember any 2 values for any point?
Original post by dianmian12
6 marker
Describe the properties of alpha, beta and gamma radiation; include - penetration through materials, etc

penetration through materials, range in air and deflection from magnetic fields: answer=

penetration, gamma through most, alpha stopped very easily, beta in-between both
range in air, gamma very far - stopped by a few miles, alpha by a few cm, beta by a few metres
magnetic fields, gamma not deflected-no charge, alpha deflected and beta deflected... alpha and beta deflected in different directions because of different charge, beta deflected more because alpha has higher mass
Reply 110
Original post by greenapple10
spring constant 400 N/m anyone ?????

I got that too
Does anyone have any ideas about grade boundaries for this test ? Thanks
Reply 112
Original post by ggidl002
Does anyone have any ideas about grade boundaries for this test ? Thanks

Here are the grade boundaries from the past 2 years:

2015:
45 A*
36 A
27 B
19 C

2014:
44 A*
36 A
28 B
20 C

This exam was, in my opinion, the most challenging P2 paper AQA has made. I reckon they'll go down by a bit, but I don't think it'll be lower than 40 for an A*.

For those that also did P3, we should expect grade boundaries to fall for that paper too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Spring constant was 400Nm
Total force of all 3 springs is 400 x 0.25 x 3 = 300N
will i get a mark for dividing the total force for all 3 springs instead of multiplying?
Reply 115
Original post by Yusuf90
Spring constant was 400Nm
Total force of all 3 springs is 400 x 0.25 x 3 = 300N

Do you remember the values given for this question to work out the answer
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 116
What did everyone write for the 6 mark about electromagnets and the experiment
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
yeah there is but it's not really very thorough
Original post by Youngey4
Ayyyy I got 52W