The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Hmmm, maybe he just found a generic picture of a white man and showed us all. #exposed

Srs though, however you look, somebody with low confidence is always gonna rate themselves worse than they actually are.
I'm a 5.5 which I think is fair and I doubt you're any lower than that, probably higher tbh mate.

Would people rather hang out with sr90 or sheddy? That's the real question.

You certainly think ridiculously high of yourself. Maybe you meant on a scale of 1-100, in which case I apologise, in more ways than one.
Reply 982
Original post by Aky786UK
No news yet on his future. He was supposed to be meeting Mourinho few weeks ago but not sure if that's happened. Would think it hasn't as there hasn't been any news on him. Don't envisage him being at the club tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Media reporting today that Jose does not want Giggs as assistant because he could be a managerial rival, reports said Jose think Giggs distanced himself from LVG and Moyes when the going got tough.

To be fair that is a pretty reasonable explanation imo, if he doesn't trust Giggsy then having him as part of the team would only cause trouble. If Giggs wants to be manager he needs to go out and get some experience if not that then at least manage the u21s, Lets not forget Giggs management record so far is not perfect, he's been assistant 2 times in 2 failed regimes.
Giggs needs to GTFO.
Original post by Kutta
Media reporting today that Jose does not want Giggs as assistant because he could be a managerial rival, reports said Jose think Giggs distanced himself from LVG and Moyes when the going got tough.

To be fair that is a pretty reasonable explanation imo, if he doesn't trust Giggsy then having him as part of the team would only cause trouble. If Giggs wants to be manager he needs to go out and get some experience if not that then at least manage the u21s, Lets not forget Giggs management record so far is not perfect, he's been assistant 2 times in 2 failed regimes.

And the hostile environment that Mourinho creates begins..
Giggs should test himself at a smaller club, i literally have no idea how good he'll be.
Giggs does have to go for now, his initial purpose under Moyes failed, his repurposed role under LVG hasn't materialised. Him being around just looks bad, as everyone knows he's being groomed for the job. His presence is just destabilising, and it tbh its not helpful for him. I don't think he's any closer to being appointed now than when he started, and he won't be until he has success somewhere else.
Original post by Fizzel
Giggs does have to go for now, his initial purpose under Moyes failed, his repurposed role under LVG hasn't materialised. Him being around just looks bad, as everyone knows he's being groomed for the job. His presence is just destabilising, and it tbh its not helpful for him. I don't think he's any closer to being appointed now than when he started, and he won't be until he has success somewhere else.

Yukinoshita-san has spoken
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Yukinoshita-san has spoken

Reported for avoiding the swear filter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
And the hostile environment that Mourinho creates begins..

He's not wrong, though.

Giggs has done nothing to prove he is good enough to be manager here. He has been an assistant for two managers and both regimes ended in failure. He can leave and get experience managing another team.
Reply 990
Original post by Kutta

Lol at that so when Van Gaal was giving him control of the Barcelona team in the copa del rey didn't see him complain.
Original post by NathanW18
He's not wrong, though.

Giggs has done nothing to prove he is good enough to be manager here. He has been an assistant for two managers and both regimes ended in failure. He can leave and get experience managing another team.

His job was to only support Moyes and LVG - why blame Giggs for the failure of your owners/executive of picking the wrong managers?

Impossible to judge from the outside if Giggs is doing a good job or not but Mourinho wants to get rid for all the wrong reasons (which should cause alarm bells).
His job was to only support Moyes and LVG - why blame Giggs for the failure of your owners/executive of picking the wrong managers?

Impossible to judge from the outside if Giggs is doing a good job or not but Mourinho wants to get rid for all the wrong reasons (which should cause alarm bells).

The assistant manager must be there to do more than just 'support'. What is the point in them being in the role if they're not really doing anything? Unless they're there just to be yes men. That just makes their presence even more pointless The failure is down to the whole of the management structure and not just one person.

I also didn't see Van Gaal being the wrong pick at the time. It made a lot of sense. It didn't work, but I don't blame the club for appointing him. Moyes was obviously a bad pick from the start.

Based on the stories that were coming out during the end of Moyes' and Van Gaal's time here, I'm not surprised that Mourinho wants him to leave.

Giggs is a legend here and I massively respect him for everything he has done for the club on the field. That being said, this isn't Giggs United. He can't expect to be given the managers job, without proving himself beforehand.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NathanW18
The assistant manager must be there to do more than just 'support'. What is the point in them being in the role if they're not really doing anything? Unless they're there just to be yes men. That just makes their presence even more pointless The failure is down to the whole of the management structure and not just one person.

I also didn't see Van Gaal being the wrong pick at the time. It made a lot of sense. It didn't work, but I don't blame the club for appointing him. Moyes was obviously a bad pick from the start.

Based on the stories that were coming out during the end of Moyes' and Van Gaal's time here, I'm not surprised that Mourinho wants him to leave.

Giggs is a legend here and I massively respect him for everything he has done for the club on the field. That being said, this isn't Giggs United. He can't expect to be given the managers job, without proving himself beforehand.

But Mourinho bringing in his own team won't be full of yes men?

Giggs not being assistant manager means that if Mourinho is struggling at any point, there won't be a logical candidate already at the club that can replace him. It's an entirely cynical act by Mourinho to ensure the strongest possible position for himself (whether it is bad or good for the club).

I'd look at it as more losing a man of huge influence who lived and breathed SAF's philosophy.
United aren't going to sack Mourinho halfway through the season (given that we stayed with Van Gaal until the end) so there won't be a need for a logical candidate at the club.
SAF's philosophy is gone now. New era.

Rather have Giggs go elsewhere and build his credentials as a manger.
Reply 995
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Lol at that so when Van Gaal was giving him control of the Barcelona team in the copa del rey didn't see him complain.

I see what you mean, but its hardly a valid comparison as Jose was never competing with LVG for the Barca job at that stage in his career.

Giggs not being assistant manager means that if Mourinho is struggling at any point, there won't be a logical candidate already at the club that can replace him. It's an entirely cynical act by Mourinho to ensure the strongest possible position for himself (whether it is bad or good for the club).

I'd look at it as more losing a man of huge influence who lived and breathed SAF's philosophy.

1/10 at best, nobody wanted Giggs to stay because he wouldn't, nor we wouldn't benefit from him being on the sidelines, learning nothing and developing nothing whilst Mourinho does a mad one. Mourinho has worked with certain coaches all his career, don't see why you'd say it's toxic for him to have this continuation in his managerial development lol. Giggs doesn't, and likely never will, "breathe SAF's philosophy" which was largely an absolute elite mentality (as a manager anyway).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Giggs, whose managerial experience consists of less than 10 games up against The Special One.
Money's on Jose.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
1/10 at best, nobody wanted Giggs to stay because he wouldn't, nor we wouldn't benefit from him being on the sidelines, learning nothing and developing nothing whilst Mourinho does a mad one. Mourinho has worked with certain coaches all his career, don't see why you'd say it's toxic for him to have this continuation in his managerial development lol. Giggs doesn't, and likely never will, "breathe SAF's philosophy" which was largely an absolute elite mentality (as a manager anyway).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Presumably Giggs and board members like SAF and Bobby would want him to stay?

You're saying that Giggs couldn't learn anything or develop further under Mourinho? You don't seem to think very highly of your new manager..

Toxic because Mourinho is already trying to burn down any bridges which could lead to any sort of challenge. Would be the press who give Giggs' name as being a potential successor if he was struggling rather than anyone else.

Not sure why the sudden hate on Giggs tbh.

No idea tbh. Mourinho and his backroom staff have been successful wherever they have gone. What they're doing together works and I wouldn't attempt to fix it.

Why is Giggs the logical candidate? He shouldn't be considered as manager of this club. He has next to no experience being the main man in charge. I find it logical to want to remove someone that is potentially going to attempt to stab you in the back if/when things go wrong.

SAF is the past. The club has to stop living in the past and move on.

Latest