The Student Room Group

Should we keep our notes from GCSE?

I've just finished my last exam today and im not sure whether I should keep any of my notes.
I've been thinking that the only reason I might need to keep my notes are for like retaking exams but that's it.
In the case that I am not retaking any of my exams, should I keep any of my notes?
Reply 1
Was thinking the same thing
Would it be wise to keep science cgp books from year 11? Would they come in handy?
Original post by Chupatroopa
I've just finished my last exam today and im not sure whether I should keep any of my notes.
I've been thinking that the only reason I might need to keep my notes are for like retaking exams but that's it.
In the case that I am not retaking any of my exams, should I keep any of my notes?

I highly doubt they'd be useful for A-levels but I think you might want to keep something to look back on 10 years' time for the nostalgia.
I would keep them - some notes really come in handy depending on what a levels you are taking. Also they are useful if you want to become a tutor. I have used my GCSE notes during my A levels as some topics are the same :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
If you're not retaking any exams, then probably not. The level of depth you need to go into at A-level is a lot higher than at GCSE, so it's unlikely you would need them. I put the majority of mine in a bonfire after GCSEs and kept the subjects I was doing at A-Level. I've just finished my A2s and I don't think I used them once. You could always keep them just to have a look at a few years down the line, but it is pretty satisfying to burn them.
Keep the ones you're doing at A level and perhaps the core subjects as well.
When i did gcse i kept them until results day then discarded what i didnt want to keep. What i did keep was for nostalgic reasons :smile:
Reply 7
Keep the core subject notes in case you have to retake, but I don't see why you need to keep any of the others.
I wouldn't let them burn in flames, I'll recycle every single piece if I have to!
Reply 9
Original post by Evilstr99
I wouldn't let them burn in flames, I'll recycle every single piece if I have to!

There is a special place in heaven for you.
As a 26yr old who did her GCSEs 10 years ago I say ..

BURN THEM ALL
My 84 year old Grandmother still has all her notes.....
You could save them for bonfire night, my friends did and threw all his old notes into a massive fire 😉
Or keep them if you feel as if you've failed the exam, otherwise they're worthless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest