The Student Room Group

Muslim group urges members to break fast and donate blood after Orlando shootings

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Interesting how she was more focused on the religion rather than the good deed.

Blindly following scholars is a huge problem. Some Muslims who do blindly follow them say they can think for themselves but honestly can't.

In my old school, they had a separate prayer rooms for Ahmadis during Ramadan just because other Muslims didn't want to pray with them. Was disgusting asf. Ahmadis are viewed as pretty much the only sect in Islam that are compatible with the West.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? Your telling me in Britain, in the 21st century,this happens?
Smh.
Interesting how she was more focused on the religion rather than the good deed.

Blindly following scholars is a huge problem. Some Muslims who do blindly follow them say they can think for themselves but honestly can't.

In my old school, they had a separate prayer rooms for Ahmadis during Ramadan just because other Muslims didn't want to pray with them. Was disgusting asf. Ahmadis are viewed as pretty much the only sect in Islam that are compatible with the West.

That's disgusting...
Original post by Scythia
Why would you think I would waste time with him? I've been through this before. Epicurean a master of waffling 2000 word count of garbage and misusing Islamic text. It's obvious from his rambles about homosexuality :tongue:

I just think you, as a Qadiani, can't defend yourself on this thread, so you're resorting to asking non-Muslims(ironically the ones who mock/oppose Islam day in day out, for help).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Has to Google that word.**** off.What happened to only Allah can judge?
Tbh, I think it's a pointless discussion.

Non-muslims will keep seeing Ahmadis as Muslims. From my perspective, there are too many similarities for me to consider them separate religions.

That silly yat who told them to 'sod off' based on their religion was quite embarrassing, too.
Reply 84
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Has to Google that word.**** off.What happened to only Allah can judge?

Muslims judge all the time. The very reason we have laws etc... is so we can judge people. Allah will judge you on the day of judgement and you can expect that. And we'll hold you accountable for your actions in this life.

Abdullah ibn Utbah reported: I heard Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, say, “Verily, in the time of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, the people would be judged by revelation, but the revelation has ended. Now we judge you according to your outward deeds. Whoever shows us good, we will trust him and favor him and it is not for us to judge his inner secrets, for Allah will hold him accountable for those. Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 2498Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari

عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عُتْبَةَ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عُمَرَ بْنَ الْخَطَّابِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ يَقُولُ إِنَّ أُنَاسًا كَانُوا يُؤْخَذُونَ بِالْوَحْيِ فِي عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَإِنَّ الْوَحْيَ قَدْ انْقَطَعَ وَإِنَّمَا نَأْخُذُكُمْ الْآنَ بِمَا ظَهَرَ لَنَا مِنْ أَعْمَالِكُمْ فَمَنْ أَظْهَرَ لَنَا خَيْرًا أَمِنَّاهُ وَقَرَّبْنَاهُ وَلَيْسَ إِلَيْنَا مِنْ سَرِيرَتِهِ شَيْءٌ اللَّهُ يُحَاسِبُهُ فِي سَرِيرَتِهِ وَمَنْ أَظْهَرَ لَنَا سُوءًا لَمْ نَأْمَنْهُ وَلَمْ نُصَدِّقْهُ وَإِنْ قَالَ إِنَّ سَرِيرَتَهُ حَسَنَةٌ2498 صحيح البخاري كِتَاب الشَّهَادَاتِ بَاب الشُّهَدَاءِ الْعُدُولِ
Original post by Scythia
She(and other non-Muslims) always use it in an attempt to legitimate some non-Muslims as Muslims.

We know quite well that some actions take a person out of Islam, irregardless of if they pray, pray facing qibla or eat halal meat.

But you haven't exactly proven why they're incorrect, rather just took the quick exit and justified it with wrong context .
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Ahmaddiyas are not Muslims so they can go sod themselves. Like you believe in a guy called Ahmed not Muhammed so how are you Muslim? You aren't. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Why would you say that? You're muslim yourself, i'm a sunni but i'm accepting of everyone and i would never call someone a non-muslim if they consider themselves one
Original post by popo111
That's disgusting...

One of my Ahmadi friends was telling me when her parents lived in Pakistan they had to move out a few times because they got so much hate for being Ahmadis. Apparently the Pakistani Constitution says they aren't Muslims. :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by ZuluK
Exactamente :biggrin:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nowadays people even take love for evil. :colonhash:
Reply 89
Original post by mil88
But you haven't exactly proven why they're incorrect, rather just took the quick exit and justified it with wrong context .

Because there are clear situations where doing something does make you a non-Muslim. Therefore they are misusing(or misunderstanding) the hadith.

One such situation, this verse was initially revealed regarding some Muslims who were with the Prophet but they participated in mocking. With their one action, their other deeds were forgotten and they were thrust out of the fold of Islam. That alone disproves the popular non-Muslim "interpretation" of that hadith.
“Say: Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed”[al-Tawbah 9:65-66]
Reply 90
Original post by GCSEstudentt
Why would you say that? You're muslim yourself, i'm a sunni but i'm accepting of everyone and i would never call someone a non-muslim if they consider themselves one

Because Qadianis do things and believe in things which take them out of Islam.
Original post by Scythia
Muslims judge all the time. The very reason we have laws etc... is so we can judge people. A

Such statement is clearly false, not to mention absurd.

We have laws to "judge people"?
Reply 92
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Has to Google that word.**** off.

You originated from Qadian therefore you are Qadianis. We dissaciate anything Islamic from you so thats why its prefered I guess. That is why you're given that name.
Original post by JohnGreek
These internecine struggles within Islam are hilarious to watch - and TSR keeps them coming thick and fast

Unfortunately, this one seems a bit one-sided.
Reply 94
Original post by mil88
Such statement is clearly false, not to mention absurd.

We have laws to "judge people"?

It's not.

We judge by what Allah has revealed. If people run contrary to it then yes they can be labelled non-Muslim. We judge people to be evil or good by the actions etc...
Original post by Scythia
You're taking something by itself (and probably out of the context in which the companion said it) and giving an Islamic ruling from it. Scholars look at all the authentic hadith and give rulings based on everything. That is why Muslims go to them and ask. A person can pray. They can pray in the right direction. They can also eat meat. But if they hold certain beliefs or commit certain actions, they're out of Islam.

Can you explain what context it's in then?
Original post by nucdev
Of course it's good, but I'm sure that there will be many Muslims who object to Ahmaddiyas being labelled as Muslims in the OP/article. That was my point.

And it's been proved already. See below:

And this is why religion is bonkers.
Reply 97
Can you explain what context it's in then?

Nope. I can only say it's something to do with prayer because you quoted from the book of Salah.
Reply 98
Only god can judge.

Original post by Scythia
Nope. I can only say it's something to do with prayer because you quoted from the book of Salah.

Why can't you explain it?

Quick Reply