The Student Room Group

Who's doing GCSE Further maths?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah
Reply 61
Anybody know how much it is to get an A?? Percentage wise🤓
Original post by Ryanwww
Anybody know how much it is to get an A?? Percentage wise🤓

Round about 50%-60% with both papers combined, meaning that you can answer the first half of each paper with full marks and still probably get an A.
Reply 63
I'm doing AQA Level 2 Certificate Further Maths
What's the hardest past paper you've done for it so far from mrbartonmaths? (either set 1/2/3 or the specimen paper)

I'd like to try it:smile:
Original post by Kiniun
What's the hardest past paper you've done for it so far from mrbartonmaths? (either set 1/2/3 or the specimen paper)

Tbh...I haven't actually even started using it...I only did half of a paper...got bored and threw it away...I'll start this weekend..once physics is over...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiniun

Hmm...I'm not sure. I've done them all barring the specimen, but specimen papers are supposed to represent the full range of difficulty, so I'd say there are bound to be some tricky ones in there :smile:
Reply 66
can we make a list of all the non-calc topics for monday? im always unsure whats on what paper
Original post by asphyxiax
can we make a list of all the non-calc topics for monday? im always unsure whats on what paper

Yup...u start...

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am :frown:
Reply 69
Does anyone have a link to the 2012 paper 1? I can only find the mark scheme.
Original post by Quido
I did it last year and got an A* so if anyone needs any help feel free to ask.

Help me :frown:

Ive literally left revision to today... Since the exam is so late... AND IVE FORGOTTEN EVERYTHINGNGNGNGNNG :frown:

STILL AIMING FOR AN A^

I CANT FACTORISE ANYMORE. I FEEL MATHEMATICALL DISABLED WHEN I LOOK AT A MATHS PAPER. :frown:
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
Help me :frown:

Ive literally left revision to today... Since the exam is so late... AND IVE FORGOTTEN EVERYTHINGNGNGNGNNG :frown:

STILL AIMING FOR AN A^

I CANT FACTORISE ANYMORE. I FEEL MATHEMATICALL DISABLED WHEN I LOOK AT A MATHS PAPER. :frown:

Hmm..I'm exactly the Same here...I look back at all the past papers I did and I think..wow I was smart back then...they don't make any sense to me atm...

🏹🍆Never under estimate the power of a common pikachu🍆🏹
I guess I'll be up for an all nighter tonight...

Chill out guys, the grade boundaries are quite low and would be low for even an A.
To revise efficiently, go over the key formulas for each topic, and how to answer most common questions with the formulaes
Original post by mypetpikachu
Hmm..I'm exactly the Same here...I look back at all the past papers I did and I think..wow I was smart back then...they don't make any sense to me atm...

Exactly :0 Used to get super high marks in class. Now I actually feel mentally degraded when I see all of this.
Reply 75
Original post by Obnox
Does anyone have a link to the 2012 paper 1? I can only find the mark scheme.

http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/resources/GCSE%20Revision/Further%20Maths%20Past%20Papers/5.%20June%202012/Paper%201.pdf

its all on the mr barton website, like the mark scheme and written solutions and everything
Reply 76
me too everyone ready for it tomorrow?
Nope..no where near ready...

Reply 78
Original post by mypetpikachu
Nope..no where near ready...

haha shouldn't be too bad hopefully
Original post by BenMisi
haha shouldn't be too bad hopefully

Hopefully...I'll work for the second paper...I'll just wing this first one...

Quick Reply

Latest