The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Looks like I got full marks if 30/7 is acceptable. I didn't put it to 3sf. So relieved.
(edited 7 years ago)
****ing **** of the ****ing ****ery in the ****normous seas of ****tardia!
In 1 b I subbed in 2 and 3 as limits then thought no, it's got to be 3 and 4.. What a ****ing ****normous ****lary!
I got 2.56 for d

0.830 for distance from COM

And low 50's (I think) - deffo 50-something for the distance in the nervy question.
Please someone agree😳
Original post by omar8888
hahah, thank you! I got some very complicated expressions and got 1.94... just hope I get a few working marks. Cheers tho

Did we have to work out the frictional force and reaction force? Can't remember what I got but for R I got 3 terms. However I did get the final answer right so must be correct it would just be oe
I messed up the vectors question (where you had to work out lambda) because I didn't add the equations for the horizontal and vertical motion together and instead subtracted them (don't ask me why but it seemed right at the time lol) so I got 30/49 instead of 30/7 for lambda. Would I still get method marks for the next few parts (where you had to work out the speed/direction of the particle) even though I used the wrong value for lambda?
Predicted grade boundaries?
Original post by Music With Rocks

I don't know. It was a bit harder than average but there have definitely been harder papers.
If I got he values wrong in the Centre of mass Q, and subsequently got wrong answers, will I get marks for the method? My method was absolutely correct, I just screwed the values up. How much was the whole question out of, and how much can I get for method?
I got everything else right, except that :/
How many marks would I lose on question 6 if my y component of the velocity was wrong from the start?

Edit: Really annoyed about this as I accidentally subbed in my value for lamba as my value for t.
Is it 2.56 or 1.8????
Cuz it seems to be split.
Reply 530
Original post by IDValour
How many marks would I lose on question 6 if my y component of the velocity was wrong from the start?

Edit: Really annoyed about this as I accidentally subbed in my value for lamba as my value for t.

Is this from IAL?
Original post by Music With Rocks

58 for A
Original post by target21859
I don't know. It was a bit harder than average but there have definitely been harder papers.

Maybe the Paper as a whole wasnt as bad as some but some of the questions specifically the COM and the Pole Questions were IMO hardest questions out of any paper given in recent years. To work with so many unknowns and sub in so many times definitely wasnt standard.
Reply 533
what actually was question 2 again cos i got 2P = 4900 nd therefore P as 2450?
3P=12.5R+12.5(800gsintheta)
- P=12.5R
How many marks would you lose for finding R in terms of F? I got F right but I forgot to sub F into R. Was the question worth 6 marks?
Reply 535
For the collisions question, it asked for the speed of the particles. I put -3u/20. Do I lose a mark for no putting it as 3u/20 as thats the velocity not the speed? Also how many marks is it for 100 UMS usually
Original post by maths52
For the collisions question, it asked for the speed of the particles. I put -3u/20. Do I lose a mark for no putting it as 3u/20 as thats the velocity not the speed? Also how many marks is it for 100 UMS usually

I don't think so. I have seen markschemes before saying like "accept - speed".
Original post by maths52

Yeah unfortunately you would lose a mark for that. They're quite strict about it. I've seen it in last mark schemes sorry. 100 ums is usually 75 but it has been lower.
Can't believe I messed up 1b!!!

How many marks would I get for correctly integrating v to find x in terms of t, and working out x when t=3

No trolls plz

Edit: Also how many marks lost for saying d=169/66 (rounds to 2.56) rather than giving to 3sf?
(edited 7 years ago)
Unofficial marks anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending