The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

I noticed there isn't an MPC4 thread, so if anyone wants a cheeky discussion about the exam then this is the place

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The exam is only a week away tomorrow - how's everyone feeling?
Reply 2
should be good, as long as don't do stuff like 2-2 is 2
Reply 3
Original post by ComradeLenin
Who else finds C4 easier than C3?

I actually find Core 4 slightly harder than core 3 myself :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mowerharvey
I actually find Core 4 slightly harder than core 3 myself :smile:

I would agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ComradeLenin
It's probably because I enjoy the partial fractions, differentials and intergration in C4

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about vectors? They can be a bit hit and miss with me.
Reply 6
Anyone can answer this question:
Prove

and

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Anyone got any hard questions on vectors apart from those in exam papers
Original post by fpmaniac
Anyone got any hard questions on vectors apart from those in exam papers

try step vectors
Reply 9
Look at different exam boards, maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ready to get shafted in this after C3.
Original post by MahuduElec
Ready to get shafted in this after C3.

+1 --- Hopefully they made C4 easier to balance it out (fingers crossed)... Totally un-confident in past paper revision for it now though!!!??? Better learn the syllabus in 10 different languages just incase :backstab:
Reply 12
Original post by willfmair
+1 --- Hopefully they made C4 easier to balance it out (fingers crossed)... Totally un-confident in past paper revision for it now though!!!??? Better learn the syllabus in 10 different languages just incase :backstab:

I think they're going to make it 4/4 for tough papers this year unfortunately
Reply 14
This is definitely an afternoon exam, yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
This is definitely an afternoon exam, yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Core 3 exam makes me think of the 8 mark vector question that's probably gonna come up or some kind of shape question that doesn't need to be in the paper
Original post by QuantumSylar
Core 3 exam makes me think of the 8 mark vector question that's probably gonna come up or some kind of shape question that doesn't need to be in the paper

Can anybody give a quick explanation of how to do these shape kind of vectors? Are there any specific places to start or things to look for or things to remember? Never sure where to begin with these.
Reply 18
Original post by CheaterHater
Can anybody give a quick explanation of how to do these shape kind of vectors? Are there any specific places to start or things to look for or things to remember? Never sure where to begin with these.

Na it'll just give you shapes with parallel, perpendicular lines or two lines that have equal length etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
After seeing c3, Im telling you now there will probably be vectors to do with the shape of stamford bridge or even scaffolding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending